HDT Members On The Road, Including Their Current Locations

Jim Gehlen

Heading east on Wednesday toward Concordia MO (repairs to the Spacecraft from last spring erratic driving backing into it), then south to New Caney TX for the winter.

Bruce & Sharon

Boogie & Jack (The campin' critters)

Full-Time since 2006

2005 Freightliner Century ST II with Detroit diesel 60 series 14 Liter 455 hp 3:73 gears, ultra-shift 10 spd, 2L smart car hauler bed and matching paint by 2L Custom Trucks (Gentle Giant)

2010 44.5 ft Spacecraft with bar (Animal House)

2010 Smart For 2 (Urkel)

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We just stopped at the rest area in Spacecraft's back yard today. Never knew where they were, and after the pit stop, just before we pull out, I look up and there they are! Before last year's rally, I had never heard of them before. Hope they get everything "tuned up" wonderfully for you. They build a nice rig.

Safe travels to all...

Sharon

Richard & Sharon

For Sale - 2005 Freightliner Century RV Hauler

Truck-for-sale-smaller.jpg

We just stopped at the rest area in Spacecraft's back yard today. Never knew where they were, and after the pit stop, just before we pull out, I look up and there they are! Before last year's rally, I had never heard of them before. Hope they get everything "tuned up" wonderfully for you. They build a nice rig.

Safe travels to all...

Sharon

You too on the safe travels Sharon. They are ready for us with parts in stock (both the ones they make & those they out-source) so it should be quick & easy.

Bruce & Sharon

Full-Time since 2006

2005 Freightliner Century ST II with Detroit diesel 60 series 14 Liter 455 hp 3:73 gears, ultra-shift 10 spd, 2L smart car hauler bed and matching paint by 2L Custom Trucks (Gentle Giant)

2010 Smart For 2 (Urkel)

Bruce and Sharon,

We were just at Space Craft yesterday after being there a couple of days and hoping we'd see you pull in and get a chance to chat. But some other HDT was pulling in just as we were pulling out. They were coming in on the east side of the front building as we were swinging out on the west side of the building! But it wasn't you!

Maybe we will see you at next year's rally or somewhere else down the road. Be safe.

Now we are at Rutlader Outpost RV Park, south of Louisburg, KS. waiting for our Ballots to get here.

Edited by HERO Maker

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
2016 DRV Mobile Suites, Houston
HERO Makers Ministry

30495168531_143d8fb8d6_m.jpg

Sheri, why were you guys at Spacecraft? Funny - I never knew anything about them, then all of a sudden after the first presentation I heard from them, I end up in their back yard about the same time as several from the HDT group...

Drive safe everyone!

Sharon

Edited by kingskids

Richard & Sharon

Bruce and Sharon,

We were just at Space Craft yesterday after being there a couple of days and hoping we'd see you pull in and get a chance to chat. But some other HDT was pulling in just as we were pulling out. They were coming in on the east side of the front building as we were swinging out on the west side of the building! But it wasn't you!

Maybe we will see you at next year's rally or somewhere else down the road. Be safe.

Now we are at Rutlader Outpost RV Park, south of Louisburg, KS. waiting for our Ballots to get here.

The Hutch Rally is a possibility in 2013, I need to wait until May or so just to be sure my schedule at (work the 4 letter word) does not change. We are in Lincoln NE heading to Higginsville MO (9 mi from Concordia) tomorrow and rolling into the shop on Monday morning.

Bruce & Sharon

Full-Time since 2006

2010 Smart For 2 (Urkel)

We are in Junction City, KS at the New Horizons factory having some minor fixes done. We are also having basebords and chair rail added to the coach (done), and are considering some panels in the "wainscoting" area.....that remains to be decided.

Roger and Debbie Rauch are here, as are Bonnie and Gail Quinn. We had two smokers going a few days ago and had smoked turkey and brisket. Corams left on Saturday. Craig and Lydia are here as well. The parking lot was/is full of HDTs.....

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Sounds like a fun "NH Party"! Good food and good friends, makes the time at the factory much more pleasant. We're at my stepmom's in MO now, and will head to IN for some DRV work next week. I don't think we have any parties lined up though :(

Richard & Sharon

sounds like a party at the Horizons factory !!!! you guys have fun ...Trash and I are visiting Pahrump, Nv and on to Vegas in about a week ...then we'll head to the valley !!!!

Jim&Hazel,03 Volvo 610,425hp,10sp Autoshift,Eaton 3:90 rear,24.5Alum,184"wb,ET jr/air hitch,SafVis Cams4,XM,Press/Pro,Garmin2720,CB,Rally Sport/TS,Bigfoot Levelers,03Roadking,02Dyna Lowrider,Golden Ret in spirit,Choc Lab(Trash)..Herrin Hauler Bed..Toyota FJ ...SKP# 95463 http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2901871210078354682lLxYIz .Laissez les Bon Temps Roulez ....

Hey Jim, we're talking about a possible west coast spring "rally" or "get together" (separate thread) - and Pahrump has been mentioned a time or two. Any chance you could scope it out with the possibility of a place big enough with some sort of meeting room for our functions? Drive safe.

Sharon

Richard & Sharon

Hey Jim, we're talking about a possible west coast spring "rally" or "get together" (separate thread) - and Pahrump has been mentioned a time or two. Any chance you could scope it out with the possibility of a place big enough with some sort of meeting room for our functions? Drive safe.

Sharon

And, maybe make it at a different week than the East Coast Rally, so people could possibly attend both IF they are on the road near both???

Edited by jags1fan

Janet Church Lifetime Member #96033 RDBE #58
2005 Volvo 630
2008 Blue Smart
2006 Ruby Red Smart (1st Gen)
2009 DRV 36' Mobile Suites
NO PMs PLEASE. I might not see them for a long time! Contact me at: jags1fan@gmail.com

better half: G8r.Ray Raymond Church

My blog: ForksInTheRVRoad.com

That is correct ECR is 6-13 April 2013. Registration with Deer Run RV is now open.

Janet Church Lifetime Member #96033 RDBE #58
2005 Volvo 630
2008 Blue Smart
2006 Ruby Red Smart (1st Gen)
2009 DRV 36' Mobile Suites
NO PMs PLEASE. I might not see them for a long time! Contact me at: jags1fan@gmail.com

better half: G8r.Ray Raymond Church

My blog: ForksInTheRVRoad.com

Sharon

The Navada Treasure RV Resort is a very nice place >>>> http://www.nvtreasure.com Plenty room ...cafe ...bowling alley ...very well equipped exercise room ....I'll check

on a meeting room .....

Edited by Hogrydr

Jim&Hazel,03 Volvo 610,425hp,10sp Autoshift,Eaton 3:90 rear,24.5Alum,184"wb,ET jr/air hitch,SafVis Cams4,XM,Press/Pro,Garmin2720,CB,Rally Sport/TS,Bigfoot Levelers,03Roadking,02Dyna Lowrider,Golden Ret in spirit,Choc Lab(Trash)..Herrin Hauler Bed..Toyota FJ ...SKP# 95463 http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2901871210078354682lLxYIz .Laissez les Bon Temps Roulez ....

Jim, we looked at that resort when they were selling lots. Originally they would only allow motorhomes, but they opened it up to trailers. Originally they also had VERY narrow lots. But I saw they combined some together. We have not been there for at least 4 years - but it is a very nice place.

See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com

Hey Jim & Jack - since this isn't the right thread for the west coast rally info (hate to threadjack here), would either or both of you mind posting info over here: http://www.rvnetwork.com/index.php?showtopic=101379 We have our own thread for the WCR (or get together)... And Jim, thanks in advance for checking on it!!

Richard & Sharon

Trailer repairs completed today with all damaged pieces replaced. Met Heromaker this evening as he & wife are parked right next door to me in Higginsville, MO. Day off tomorrow then heading south to TX.

Bruce & Sharon

Full-Time since 2006

2010 Smart For 2 (Urkel)

Pulled into Emerald Cove by Parker AZ after a 2200 run from Rapid City down thru CA and will be here until about April 1 +/- a few days either way. Had a bout with California rough roads, they should be ashamed of their state. Don't have to go back there for a few years. Ran ahead of the rain leaving the coast.

Sure is getting nasty up north weather wise.

If you are on Parker Dam Road in this area, look for the truck.

Edited by Jim Gehlen

Paint your wagon and come along

98 Volvo, VNL 610

01 Alfa Ideal, 38'6"

South Dakota plates

SKP # 68396

Pulled into New Caney TX today and will be here until after New Year at least. Good trip meeting nice folks along the way.

Bruce & Sharon

Full-Time since 2006

2010 Smart For 2 (Urkel)

I think this is a good idea, so here goes. We're in Brunswick, MD until the 29th and then we're going to Branson for 3 days then San Antonio for a couple of days on our way to Alamo, TX for the winter.

We just left Antetium Battlefield and are sitting in Dallas for a few days.

2001 Monaco Diplomat LE 40'.

I'm back in Junction City after taking a Friday-Sunday run back to CO. Nice to be in the mountains with snow...but only for a few days. :) I left the smart there and came back in a rental car.

www.jackdanmayer.com