HDT Members On The Road, Including Their Current Locations

Jim Gehlen

Well 2 months and 2 days on this last trip included DFW area of Texas, passed thru MS on the way to Guntersville, AL, then on to the rally in TN, Paris, TN (too windy to fish), then family in SW Missouri, then to Madison, SD for residency, on to Gettysburg, SD for one day of great fishing - but got blown off the lake for the rest of the week. So now we're "home" for the summer in Buena Vista, CO - home of the most 14,000 foot mountains in one small county. It's cool and dry in the summer, and the rafting and sightseeing are fabulous. If you wander over this way, holler at us - we'll be happy to point out some special things and places if you want. Love to meet more of the "dark side gang"! If you like to trout fish - this is your place to be (unfortunately that's the ONE kind of fish we don't like wouldn't you know since that's almost all that's here!)... Y'all c'mon on over!

Richard & Sharon

For Sale - 2005 Freightliner Century RV Hauler

Truck-for-sale-smaller.jpg

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Left Chicago and now in Elkhart for a week then back to Chicago.

We'll try not to spend the $ and just get good ideas for future projects as well as hit the todo list that has been piling up.

Susan & Trey Selman | email | HDT: '01 770 VED12 | 5er: '02 40' Travel Supreme RLTSOA | '16 Piaggio MP3 500 | '15 Smart Cabrio | Personal Blog | HHRV Resource Guide | HHRV Campgrounds | Recreation Vehicle Safety & Education Foundation |

We will pull in to Colter Bay in the Grand Tetons this afternoon. Will spend the next 5 nights there. Then off to Rocky Mountain RV in Gardiner (Yellowstone North Gate) for the next week and half.

2017 Entegra Anthem 44A

SOLD - 2004 Volvo 780. 465hp and 10sp Auto Shift (from 2010~2017)

SOLD - 2009 Montana 3400RL

We will pull in to Colter Bay in the Grand Tetons this afternoon. Will spend the next 5 nights there. Then off to Rocky Mountain RV in Gardiner (Yellowstone North Gate) for the next week and half.

Take your time getting up to Yellowstone Rick, we are just a little north of Gardiner in Big Timber MT and shot this pic out my back window this morning.

DSC00724.jpg

Bruce & Sharon

Boogie & Jack (The campin' critters)

Full-Time since 2006

2005 Freightliner Century ST II with Detroit diesel 60 series 14 Liter 455 hp 3:73 gears, ultra-shift 10 spd, 2L smart car hauler bed and matching paint by 2L Custom Trucks (Gentle Giant)

2010 44.5 ft Spacecraft with bar (Animal House)

2010 Smart For 2 (Urkel)

Yea we know. Luckly we are not due in Gardiner for another 5 days. I have tire chains but my plan when I bought them was to never use them except in a emergency.

2017 Entegra Anthem 44A

Yea we know. Luckly we are not due in Gardiner for another 5 days. I have tire chains but my plan when I bought them was to never use them except in a emergency.

I have no chains and am sitting still until at least Tuesday (let all the weekenders get done) and really don't have to be anywhere until June 5 or 6 so we just sit & enjoy the pretty stuff. Even the water is still flowing as temp is still 33.

Bruce & Sharon

Boogie & Jack (The campin' critters)

Full-Time since 2006

2005 Freightliner Century ST II with Detroit diesel 60 series 14 Liter 455 hp 3:73 gears, ultra-shift 10 spd, 2L smart car hauler bed and matching paint by 2L Custom Trucks (Gentle Giant)

2010 44.5 ft Spacecraft with bar (Animal House)

2010 Smart For 2 (Urkel)

We are in the Tetons. Roads are clear. No problems getting here. Lots of wet heavy fluffy white stuff falling from the sky.

2017 Entegra Anthem 44A

Oracle State Park, AZ... for the summer as a Caretaker. At 4300' elevation, the day use only park is warm, but it is cooler than Yuma. And it's closed for the summer, we have the 4,000 acres to ourselves!

Regards

Gemstone

'06 Elite Suites, '08 Softail Classic, '06 Softail Deuce.

Fairbanks,Ak. Riversview RV Park should be a week or so

Rick and Alana

Fulltimers

2018 Newmar Ventana 4037

2020 Jeep Gladiator 

1997 Jeep TJ

2009 Mobile Suites 36RSSB3

formerly owned 2000 Volvo 770, 600 Cummins ISX,18 speed autoshift, 14 foot "garage"

ET,Jackalopee,MaxBrake,Pressure Pro pro

www.rickandalanasgreatadventures.blogspot.com

• 2 weeks later...

In Chicago/Elgin (Burnidge Forest Preserve/Paul Wolff Campground) until June 10 or 11. Then headed to Lincoln, Nebraska.

Edited by TreyandSusan

Susan & Trey Selman | email | HDT: '01 770 VED12 | 5er: '02 40' Travel Supreme RLTSOA | '16 Piaggio MP3 500 | '15 Smart Cabrio | Personal Blog | HHRV Resource Guide | HHRV Campgrounds | Recreation Vehicle Safety & Education Foundation |

In Fremont, Ia. Set up behind my Mothers house. Just connected to power so far. Got to have some A/C.

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

1339324293[/url]' post='550428']

In Fremont, Ia. Set up behind my Mothers house. Just connected to power so far. Got to have some A/C.

Hey Rod you need to take a day trip and go see if these guys are legit. www.samuraisalvage.com they are in Marshalltown. Prices on te web for cars seem a little high.

Rick and Alana

Fulltimers

2018 Newmar Ventana 4037

2020 Jeep Gladiator 

1997 Jeep TJ

formerly owned 2000 Volvo 770, 600 Cummins ISX,18 speed autoshift, 14 foot "garage"

• 2 weeks later...

In Longhorn Lodge and RV Park in Dubois, WY (n/w of Jackson/Grand Tetons) for a couple of days, then heading over to either Red Lodge or West Yellowstone for a few more days, before heading up to the Flathead Lake/Glacier NP area.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Jack, Have you been watching this new CO fire (waldo canyon fire). Manitou Springs, then Cascade Park evacuated. That sounds like its headed your way, but lots of ground to cover.

The fires are all around us. The southern part of Woodland Park are on pre-evacuation alert. I doubt they will evacuate. Cascade, Green Mountain Falls and area is evacuated. Manitou Springs WAS evacuated but let back in at 8pm last night. The firefighters are doing a great job on the hotspots, along with air support - serious air support. A bunch of choppers and some BIG airpower in last evening to kill a hotspot just north of us. Nothing like seeking two C-130s working a fire. They drop some serious amounts of retardant. The main fire is still going uncontained as of last night.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

The fires are all around us. The southern part of Woodland Park are on pre-evacuation alert. I doubt they will evacuate. Cascade, Green Mountain Falls and area is evacuated. Manitou Springs WAS evacuated but let back in at 8pm last night. The firefighters are doing a great job on the hotspots, along with air support - serious air support. A bunch of choppers and some BIG airpower in last evening to kill a hotspot just north of us. Nothing like seeking two C-130s working a fire. They drop some serious amounts of retardant. The main fire is still going uncontained as of last night.

They try to have the C-130's come in and drop their load 150'-300' above the surface. Pretty awesome! Stay safe.

dan

Dorcas & Dan
Retired in North Metro Denver

Here in the Northern California (halfway between Sacramento and Redding) mountains/foothills we have to deal with this. 2008 was the last time when we were on evacuation alert, meaning within a half hour of having to leave ... for 2 weeks. For a month we had to wear heavy-duty masks whenever we went outside because the smoke was so bad. The other side of the main road, only 2 blocks away, was already evacuated. It really is quite an emotional site to see those big planes and helicopters flying overhead and dumping their loads just up the road.

Trish & Raquel

--------

"Road Runner" -- 2005 Volvo VNL780, 500hp Cummins ISX, Ultra-Shift, ET-Hitch, 198" wb

"Wile E." -- 2013 Heartland Landmark San Antonio

When we get home, we'll try to add Longhorn Lodge and RV in Dubois, WY to the HHRV site. Nice place, friendly folks, easy to navigate in park, and 100' sites.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

• 2 weeks later...

We are currently in Newfoundland. Will be returning on July 19th to North Sydney, then back down the East Coast towards FL for the Winter. What a wonderful time we have had over here!! Came in Port aux Basques and back out the same way... Doing more of Newfoundland. Just about enough fuel from Maine to return in 250 gallons when we left Calais, ME.We may have to add some to keep tanks from getting to low when we hit Nova Scotia on the way down.

Happy Trails,

Jackie, Skip and Seumas Tamm

Edited by Jackie and Skip Tamm

Jackie and Skip
'13 "Miss Minnie"" SMARTy
2008 Mobile Suites 36 TKSB
Seumas, the Westie guard dog
SKP# 98741 Lifetime members
Still...ON THE ROAD Tying down in Bowling Green, FL

1341932612[/url]' post='556381']

We are currently in Newfoundland. Will be returning on July 19th to North Sydney, then back down the East Coast towards FL for the Winter. What a wonderful time we have had over here!! Came in Port aux Basques and back out the same way... Doing more of Newfoundland. Just about enough fuel from Maine to return in 250 gallons when we left Calais, ME.We may have to add some to keep tanks from getting to low when we hit Nova Scotia on the way down.

Happy Trails,

Jackie, Skip and Seumas Tamm

Please add the campgrounds you stay in that are large enough to the HHRV Campground Guide.That area and the east coast is rather sparse. Thanks in advance

Rick and Alana

Fulltimers

2018 Newmar Ventana 4037

2020 Jeep Gladiator 

1997 Jeep TJ

Bonnie and I arrived at our property in Wisconsin (Westfield) today (5/9). We will be spending the summer here till about the middle of September.

Hey Gail -- We're wishin' we had the time to swing by, will try again next year; got such a late start this year (having to hang back in CA for family grad events, plus the house closing in Mesa), we finally heading to OH via KS (yet, another?) visit to NH factory for a couple minor repairs (and, one more attempt on the sidewall crack).

We'll be traversing KS, IL, IN, OH, NY, NH (Henry's place), then back down to SC, FL before heading "home" for the holidays in Nov/Dec.

Cheers (from Rock Springs),

-Don

Don & Fannie

2005 Volvo 670, 12sp FreedomLine, "Black Dude", 3.36 axle, Szmyt Wonder-Bed Smart loader,

ET hitch, Jackalopee (original-prototype), BLUE-DOT air-over-hydraulic brake system,

2007 New Horizons F35RLSSS-C (Mor/Ryde-IS, Kodiak disc brakes, 17.5 H tires),

2005 smart fortwo passion

Please add the campgrounds you stay in that are large enough to the HHRV Campground Guide.That area and the east coast is rather sparse. Thanks in advance

We never found a CG that could not acomodate us and our rig. Even the provincials could always find a spot to hold us.... No restrictions if you can park it.

Jackie, Skip and Seumas

Jackie and Skip
'13 "Miss Minnie"" SMARTy
2008 Mobile Suites 36 TKSB
Seumas, the Westie guard dog
SKP# 98741 Lifetime members
Still...ON THE ROAD Tying down in Bowling Green, FL

• 3 weeks later...

Minneapolis Minnesota to watch a Twins Game (one more Baseball park checked off the list)

Minneapolis Minnesota to watch a Twins Game (one more Baseball park checked off the list)

Hay wow, I live about 20 minutes from that park. Are you staying in town? We also live very close to The Mall of America in case you were going to go check that we'd love to catch up with you. If you need a place to park you can park let me know, I've got a spot you might fit in.

'03 United Specialties truck conversion, Freightliner FL112, Cat C12, 10 sp Autoshift, 295" w/b, 26' living quarters.

St. Paul, MN

www.bobwinsor.com