HDT Members On The Road, Including Their Current Locations

Jim Gehlen

Bonnie and I arrived at our property in Wisconsin (Westfield) today (5/9). We will be spending the summer here till about the middle of September.

Gail & Bonnie Quinn (Full-timing since July 18, 2004)

2001 Volvo 610 autoshift (Ultimate V Rod) 465 HP, 1650 Torque, 3:42 gears with air locker, pictures of build can be seen @ http://community.web...theeskimogquinn

2010 New Horizons 45' custom Majestic, pictures of construction can be seen @ http://picasaweb.goo...com/gailquinn48

2003 Harley Davidson FLHTCUI, 100 HP, 118 Torque; Blog of 2007 Alaska trip @ http://quinntheeskim...nn.blogspot.com

2013 Smart Passion fortwo coupe

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brian - how could we know if they ripped you off? You never told us what they did or didn't do... Sorry you're still having problems though.

I chose to modify my "BTTB is Fixed" thread rather than going into details here on "On the Road" section. Anyway, I'm 30 miles east of Albuquerque and BTTB roared as advertised all the way. Have to stop in Cochiti Lake to pick up my slider tray in the morning then heading for Tucson. ETA for Tucson is tomorrow evening or Sunday morning depending how tired I get.

Brian
USAF Ret

"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'" (Author unknown)

Vets with PTSD and Other VA Issues

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
~ Thomas Jefferson..

In Lincoln, NE for a week. Then headed East to Chicago.

UGH! Shudder!! I would rather take a beating than go thru Chicago's traffic!! Makes me a nervous wreck - there are too many lanes, too many vehicles, they're going fast, and half the time I'm having trouble keeping up with where I need to be - and they dart in front of us and cut us off, etc... Makes me CA-Razey! Ok, now you know what's wrong with me - Chicago driving once or twice a year!! Drive careful - they're at least HALF crazy out there...

Richard & Sharon

For Sale - 2005 Freightliner Century RV Hauler

Truck-for-sale-smaller.jpg

UGH! Shudder!! I would rather take a beating than go thru Chicago's traffic!! Makes me a nervous wreck - there are too many lanes, too many vehicles, they're going fast, and half the time I'm having trouble keeping up with where I need to be - and they dart in front of us and cut us off, etc... Makes me CA-Razey! Ok, now you know what's wrong with me - Chicago driving once or twice a year!! Drive careful - they're at least HALF crazy out there...

Just a few words of advice, Garmin 465T truckers GPS with lane assist! smile.gif

Bruce & Sharon

Boogie & Jack (The campin' critters)

Full-Time since 2006

2005 Freightliner Century ST II with Detroit diesel 60 series 14 Liter 455 hp 3:73 gears, ultra-shift 10 spd, 2L smart car hauler bed and matching paint by 2L Custom Trucks (Gentle Giant)

2010 44.5 ft Spacecraft with bar (Animal House)

2010 Smart For 2 (Urkel)

Off to Elkhart/Goshen in the morning. Going to have I/S and leveling system installed. Should be back home by next Friday. Home for a week and then off to Grand Tetons/Yellowstone for the next 3 weeks.

2017 Entegra Anthem 44A

SOLD - 2004 Volvo 780. 465hp and 10sp Auto Shift (from 2010~2017)

SOLD - 2009 Montana 3400RL

Rick, you'll probably run into Alicia and Rick in Yellowstone - they're headed there somewhere around the same time frame (she posted on RDBE with that). I'm jealous - we do hope to go but it might not happen this summer... Have FUN and get loads of great wildlife pics!

Richard & Sharon

Rick, you'll probably run into Alicia and Rick in Yellowstone - they're headed there somewhere around the same time frame (she posted on RDBE with that). I'm jealous - we do hope to go but it might not happen this summer... Have FUN and get loads of great wildlife pics!

I am Rick of "Alicia & Rick" :)

2017 Entegra Anthem 44A

1336822209[/url]' post='544097']

I am Rick of "Alicia & Rick" :)

HOWEVER I am Rick of "Rick & Alana" and we are in Prineville, Or. headed north to Alaska. smile.gif Are any of us confused now!?!

Rick and Alana

Fulltimers

2018 Newmar Ventana 4037

2020 Jeep Gladiator 

1997 Jeep TJ

2009 Mobile Suites 36RSSB3

formerly owned 2000 Volvo 770, 600 Cummins ISX,18 speed autoshift, 14 foot "garage"

ET,Jackalopee,MaxBrake,Pressure Pro pro

www.rickandalanasgreatadventures.blogspot.com

I am always confused ...... but that is a completely different issue!

Have fun in Alaska. Dying to make that trip. Just hard to do and keep a job. One of these days I will be retired!

2017 Entegra Anthem 44A

Early day today, can't miss my NASCAR race. I am in Truth or Consequences NM.

Brian
USAF Ret

"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'" (Author unknown)

Vets with PTSD and Other VA Issues

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
~ Thomas Jefferson..

Made it to SD for some last R&R before going back home to finish liquidating everything for the new lifestyle. Tuesday we'll do Driver's Licenses, take care of insurance, and get in some overdue fishing! Later before we head home to CO on the 26th or so, we'll visit the Black Hills area and check out Mt. Rushmore... We're in a lovely park and have almost the whole park to ourselves - really nice after last nights ultra crowded park where the lots were way too close together.

Edited by kingskids

Richard & Sharon

Made it Champaign IL today (& actually had lunch with Mom, Dad, Sis, Nephew, & one of the 2 nieces), furthest point east on this summer's trip. Tuesday we will head north & west to Iowa, South Dakota, Wyoming, & Montana for the rest of the story.

Bruce & Sharon

Full-Time since 2006

2005 Freightliner Century ST II with Detroit diesel 60 series 14 Liter 455 hp 3:73 gears, ultra-shift 10 spd, 2L smart car hauler bed and matching paint by 2L Custom Trucks (Gentle Giant)

2010 Smart For 2 (Urkel)

Had a nice visit from 1Rod on our way through Amana Iowa. Thanks for stopping by and for the squeaky cheese! Never had it before and now I know why they call it squeaky! Took me one good size curd to find out the reason for the name, if ya'll haven't tried it do so!

Bruce & Sharon

Full-Time since 2006

2010 Smart For 2 (Urkel)

1337121659[/url]' post='544852']

Had a nice visit from 1Rod on our way through Amana Iowa. Thanks for stopping by and for the squeaky cheese! Never had it before and now I know why they call it squeaky! Took me one good size curd to find out the reason for the name, if ya'll haven't tried it do so!

I've been told the squeaker it is the fresher

Rick and Alana

Fulltimers

2018 Newmar Ventana 4037

2020 Jeep Gladiator 

1997 Jeep TJ

2009 Mobile Suites 36RSSB3

formerly owned 2000 Volvo 770, 600 Cummins ISX,18 speed autoshift, 14 foot "garage"

ET,Jackalopee,MaxBrake,Pressure Pro pro

www.rickandalanasgreatadventures.blogspot.com

We had a great time at the ECR, then up to see Paul & Kay Cross at Indiana Interstate for some work on the Mobile Suite. Now we are in Harrisburg, PA at the Harrisburg East Campground for the summer. Stop by and say hello as you may pass along I-81!

Cindy & Jeff Brett
2014 Mobile Suite Memphis 44'
2004 Volvo 630 (The Sonshine Express), ET Hitch, Jackalopee & Szmyt Wonderbed
2016 Smart (Blanche)

At Schwarz Bay ferry terminal on Vancouver Island. Headed back to work in Red Deer, should be there tomorrow night if all goes well.

Not a great start, BC Ferries cancelled the 10 am I was booked on, but at least they had the courtesy to call and advise.

Geo

George,
Suzuki Celerio 998cc

Yamaha NMAX scooter

Work ride is Western Star N2 Tri-Tri tanker at 56,500kg loaded

We will be heading to Durango Co Wednesday on our first adventure with the truck, new bed, and 5th wheel. We will be @ the United Campground in Durango through the 29th. I will be riding the Iron Horse bike race/ride form Durango to Silverton. The intent is to beat the train to Silverton. I just hope it doesn't snow on the two 10,500 ft passes laugh.gif.

2009 Volvo 780 D16 535hp 1850 ft-lbs I shift 3.36

Thermo King Tripac APU

DIY Bed and Frame Extension

ET Hitch, Stellar EC2000, EcoGen 6K

2002 F350 CC Dually w/ Lance 1181

2012 Mini Cooper S

2007 Teton Royal Freedom

" The only place you will find success before work is the dictionary "

Truck 100K.jpg

We will be heading to Durango Co Wednesday on our first adventure with the truck, new bed, and 5th wheel. We will be @ the United Campground in Durango through the 29th. I will be riding the Iron Horse bike race/ride form Durango to Silverton. The intent is to beat the train to Silverton. I just hope it doesn't snow on the two 10,500 ft passes laugh.gif.

That's a slooowwwwww train. Easy to beat it on a bike. My bride and I love that area, and especially CO-550. If you get a chance, and feel like taking a rather long day ride, do the loop of Ouray/Telluride/Dolores and back to Durango. If you have dual sports with you, there are lots of nice gravel roads to explore too.

Beware of the curves leading up out of Ouray. They're marked 10 mph, and at 15 mph I was dragging the pegs on my CBR.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

That's a slooowwwwww train. Easy to beat it on a bike. My bride and I love that area, and especially CO-550. If you get a chance, and feel like taking a rather long day ride, do the loop of Ouray/Telluride/Dolores and back to Durango. If you have dual sports with you, there are lots of nice gravel roads to explore too.

Beware of the curves leading up out of Ouray. They're marked 10 mph, and at 15 mph I was dragging the pegs on my CBR.

Yes - the train is slow. I am talking bicycle you know ..... no motor, 17 lbs wet ..... one old guy power cool.gif ...... to get up the hill. They close the road for the morning from the ski area on for the bike event.

2009 Volvo 780 D16 535hp 1850 ft-lbs I shift 3.36

Thermo King Tripac APU

DIY Bed and Frame Extension

ET Hitch, Stellar EC2000, EcoGen 6K

2002 F350 CC Dually w/ Lance 1181

2012 Mini Cooper S

2007 Teton Royal Freedom

" The only place you will find success before work is the dictionary "

Truck 100K.jpg

Bicycle? Uhh, forgret about that Ouray/Telluride Dolores loop then.:o

If you can beat the train on a bicycle, my hat's off to you.B)

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

The San Juan loop is one of my most favorite rides. One year I rode or drove it almost every two weeks during the summer and fall. Fantastic colors in the fall. HOT during the day in the summer but had frost on the bike one morning when I woke up. Good thing I packed for some cooler weather, even though it was in the 90's the day I left.

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July.