HDT Members On The Road, Including Their Current Locations

Jim Gehlen

Stopped in Springfield, Mo to spend a few days for an early Christmas with son & his family then on to Mesa.

The park is Stage Stop RV, flat gravel parking lot with about 40 sites, no refinements or obstructions but you could park a 100 ft rig in any of the pull throughs. Right behind Lamberts restaurant, home of the throwed rolls!

Mike

Mike & Jo Ann
2006 40 ft Teton Royal Cheyenne, Honda EU6500is,, Semper Fi, WUØG

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stopped in Springfield, Mo to spend a few days for an early Christmas with son & his family then on to Mesa.

The park is Stage Stop RV, flat gravel parking lot with about 40 sites, no refinements or obstructions but you could park a 100 ft rig in any of the pull throughs. Right behind Lamberts restaurant, home of the throwed rolls!

Mike

Nice to know, Mike. I usually stop at the one in Sikeston. Great food and a lot of it. Sometimes the line waiting is just too much though. Couple parks in Sikeston that would also be accommodating to large rigs. I will have to add them to the list.

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

We are at the Escapees KOFA KO-OP in Yuma, AZ and will probably be here until March.

Brad

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.

So who all had that white stuff on the ground where you were for Christmas!? Hope everyone had a really great day with the ones you love!

We're almost ready to go full time! WOO HOO - ready or not, we pack up and leave the house around mid Feb. The house has a serious looker, but we won't know how serious for another week or two at best. So we'll leave the house empty and ready to move into so we don't have to come back early just to move out. We'll spend summers here in Colorado cuz I'm a total wuss for heat and humidity - drains me completely. So come summer, I get to enjoy my beautiful mountains and tons of wildlife again, but in the meantime - lots of other fun stuff (like the rally in TN)! :lol:

Richard & Sharon

For Sale - 2005 Freightliner Century RV Hauler

Truck-for-sale-smaller.jpg

Pulled into Valle Del Oro in Mesa yesterday (space, well kinda, 1777) come visit if you are in the area. There was quite a crowd watching the parking "EVENT", odds were being given and I heard an "OMG I won the Lotto" from someone when I finally shut it down! The fun has begun - just hope we are up to it.

Mike & Jo Ann

Mike & Jo Ann

We are in the SKP Summerdale, AL (Rainbow Plantation) park until Saturday the 7th. Then we leave for the Tampa RV show. Will be at Bushnell at the SPK park for a few days, and go into the show early Wed. morning. Leave on Sunday the 15th to come back to Summerdale until the end of Feb. or until the new rig is done. Then we have to go to Junction City to swap. :( If you are at the show come see us at the New Horizons model (we will be there in the afternoons).

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Guest hjsdds

Jack, We are leaving tomorrow morning for FL and plan to take 3 days. So should arrive in Palm Beach Gardens late Monday. We are going to try to make it over to the show. Thu or Fri. I need to investigate if they have wheelchair rentals at the show for my Mom. Hope to see you there!! Oh warm weather :)

The last time we were at the show was in 2006 and they had wheelchairs and power scooters for rent at that time.

Gail & Bonnie Quinn (Full-timing since July 18, 2004)

2001 Volvo 610 autoshift (Ultimate V Rod) 465 HP, 1650 Torque, 3:42 gears with air locker, pictures of build can be seen @ http://community.web...theeskimogquinn

2010 New Horizons 45' custom Majestic, pictures of construction can be seen @ http://picasaweb.goo...com/gailquinn48

2003 Harley Davidson FLHTCUI, 100 HP, 118 Torque; Blog of 2007 Alaska trip @ http://quinntheeskim...nn.blogspot.com

2013 Smart Passion fortwo coupe

Hey, there, Gail & Bonnie --- we almost came up to visit last June (in WI), but got "detoured" for NH-repairs (again!), so only got at far as Milwaukee... will keep tryin'!

Mike -- We plan to be nearby for most of Feb-Apr (Sun Life in Mar)... lookin for a place to "store" our stuff; we've been going to Mesa the last 8 years, staying at Sun Life, for the month of March (MLB spring training & winter square dancing)...

Still enjoying sunny skies & mild temps in SJC for another 2 weeks, then heading to Q for the big tent show.

-Don

Don & Fannie

2005 Volvo 670, 12sp FreedomLine, "Black Dude", 3.36 axle, Szmyt Wonder-Bed Smart loader,

ET hitch, Jackalopee (original-prototype), BLUE-DOT air-over-hydraulic brake system,

2007 New Horizons F35RLSSS-C (Mor/Ryde-IS, Kodiak disc brakes, 17.5 H tires),

2005 smart fortwo passion

I searched this thread back to last fall. Anyone near Tucson?

Brian
USAF Ret

"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'" (Author unknown)

Vets with PTSD and Other VA Issues

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
~ Thomas Jefferson..

Hi Mike,

We are trying to get into Sun Life early, (like 1/29 or so), but don't yet know whether that will work.

Will look for you if we get there in time for Super Bowl... (Why are you leaving so soon?!?)

Don & Fannie

2005 Volvo 670, 12sp FreedomLine, "Black Dude", 3.36 axle, Szmyt Wonder-Bed Smart loader,

ET hitch, Jackalopee (original-prototype), BLUE-DOT air-over-hydraulic brake system,

Don, this is our first time in AZ so I thought we would try several cities out here to see if we liked one better than the others. Haven't decided yet where we will go from here, Trouble is, everytime I mention a place to someone they say "Oh, the winds blows there all the time!" Texas says it about Arizona, Arizona says it about Texas, Mesa says it about Yuma - what's a guy supposed to do? LOL. Let us know when you get here.

Mike

Mike & Jo Ann

...Trouble is, everytime I mention a place to someone they say "Oh, the winds blows there all the time!" ... what's a guy supposed to do? ...Mike

Get a wind generator for your golf cart power system or better yet, build one!

Susan & Trey Selman | email | HDT: '01 770 VED12 | 5er: '02 40' Travel Supreme RLTSOA | '16 Piaggio MP3 500 | '15 Smart Cabrio | Personal Blog | HHRV Resource Guide | HHRV Campgrounds | Recreation Vehicle Safety & Education Foundation |

Don, this is our first time in AZ so I thought we would try several cities out here to see if we liked one better than the others. Haven't decided yet where we will go from here, Trouble is, everytime I mention a place to someone they say "Oh, the winds blows there all the time!" Texas says it about Arizona, Arizona says it about Texas, Mesa says it about Yuma - what's a guy supposed to do? LOL. Let us know when you get here.

Mike

I suggest two options regarding weather.

1. Go there yourself and make your own determination whether the weather is nice for your or not.

2. Check out the place online on The Weather Channel's web site.

The reason I say this is because what may be "wind" to one person is just a breeze to someone else. There are places in AZ you'll be thankful for having a wind too.

JMHO

Brian
USAF Ret

"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'" (Author unknown)

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
~ Thomas Jefferson..

what may be "wind" to one person is just a breeze to someone else.

I couldn't agree more! Our sticks and bricks home is in one of the windiest places I've ever been in, and even people from Chicago say that if whoever named Chicago "the windy city" had come here first, Chicago wouldn't have gotten the name! So because we're really used to high winds, we go somewhere and folks complain that it's really windy, we just look at each other with "that look" that says (only to each other) "they think THIS is windy! HA!". So it's really all about perspective. That's part of the fun of rv'ing isn't it - the quest to find those places that you fall in love with, and marking other places off the map with a "no thank YOU" next to it...

Edited by kingskids

Richard & Sharon

For Sale - 2005 Freightliner Century RV Hauler

Truck-for-sale-smaller.jpg

Mike

YEP,,, I certainly understand Brian's sentiment -- BUT...

1) We already "know" we'll not settle in FL or TX, 'cuz we love Calif & AZ (what-with all our grand-kids spread between N. and S. Calif, plus all Fannie's siblings in the SF area);

2) We have been to Yuma, it's fine and dandy for winter "hibernating", away from the cold parts of the country -- AND, we like the numerous developments that allow TWO RV's plus a good size home/casita for "stuff";

3) We have been to FL, multiple times over the years (in Nov, Jan, Mar/Apr, and Sep); it's too buggy and humid for our tastes (AND gets colder than AZ in Jan-Mar worst parts of winter);

4) We plan to visit RGV some year, if only to visit the many HDT'ers that settle there, and (maybe) do some square dancing with folks we know down there -- though we don't expect to fall in love with it; the past three seasons, while we were enjoying mid-70's in PHX area, TX & FL froze their tushes... Nov-2009, etc.

5) We do love Mesa, especially since we have many friends and activities there -- March is MLB spring training, Oct-thru-Apr is low-to-high level square dancing (which gets me outta the house and moving, feet AND brains). We are looking for a Yuma-like property that we can live in several months of the year (and store the stuff we haven't found a way to part with)... so, we'd like a place to park our RV, a guest RV, and house to hold "stuff" we don't wanna carry with us while we're traveling). PLUS, it's winter weather is (typically) warmer than TX or FL, in Jan & Feb -- and, it's close enough to "back-track" to family & doctors in Calif. Turns out my Medigap is significantly cheaper than TX or AZ would be, and fully portable,,, so, we continue to prefer the Calif & Mesa climate in winter.

6) FYI, lottsa folks seem to like Q and/or Parker dam/Havasu area; we're still checking that out -- though, we know there can be some serious winds in Q & Yuma, it hasn't deterred us from checking it out. We have dentist in Mesa (did my implants, was competitive with Algodones), we visit friends (you might know Renee & Dave) & Mexico when in Yuma -- that's a day trip from Mesa, but a much easier visit with the rig down there.

Of course, we're still "just learning" and still finding our own way, but that's the current plan (still in Jello).

Will try contacting you guys when we get into town.

-Don

Don & Fannie

Speaking of which -- Don & Fannie -- are you still coming to Yuma for some length of time this winter? We got here a bit late (Dec 13); decided to take in a little winter in the NM mountains first!

I also thought Mike & Joann were going to be in Yuma for part of the winter...maybe their plans have changed, too?????

Renee

Dave, Renee & furkids Casey & Miss Kitty
1998 Volvo 610 Straight 10 "Leather n' Lace"; Herrin bed w/Rampage motorcycle lift; 2010 40' New Horizons Majestic; 2008 Harley FLSTC; 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited; 1999 Yamaha 4X4 Kodiak (that is NOT with us!)

Don,

I find your comments very interesting. I know the Kale4kneeya comments never stop. I spent quite a few adult years in the Fresno/Clovis area, just loved General Grant and Yosemite on the summer weekends camping in our hitch pull in the 70's, etc. There are some very nice parts and places, plus some which were a pain in the ---. AZ is not that far away with it's own plusses and minuses. Enjoy your life! You and bride have, keep up the "good life" on the road.

And the very best to all Escapees, no matter the path you choose! It is like living in Paradise!

dan :rolleyes:

Dorcas & Dan
Retired in North Metro Denver

Hey Renee,

Our visit to Yuma is (currently) "on hold" as we are trying to get into Mesa as soon as possible -- to shop properties for sale. Would still plan to visit Yuma, so we can visit our dentist in Algodones, etc -- just not the top priority at the moment. Will surely look you up when/if we get down there for more than an hour!

Hey to Dan & Dorcas -- hope Colorado is treating you "right", etc!

-Don

Don & Fannie

I couldn't agree more! Our sticks and bricks home is in one of the windiest places I've ever been in, and even people from Chicago say that if whoever named Chicago "the windy city" had come here first, Chicago wouldn't have gotten the name! So because we're really used to high winds, we go somewhere and folks complain that it's really windy, we just look at each other with "that look" that says (only to each other) "they think THIS is windy! HA!". So it's really all about perspective. That's part of the fun of rv'ing isn't it - the quest to find those places that you fall in love with, and marking other places off the map with a "no thank YOU" next to it...

My definition of windy is when my 5ver starts rocking. With a big-foot system and six tires on the ground, that ain't easy. B) Did happen a few times when I was stuck in TX in Nov for more than a month.

Brian
USAF Ret

~ Thomas Jefferson..

• 4 weeks later...