HDT Members On The Road, Including Their Current Locations

Jim Gehlen

We had dinner on Tuesday night with Robb and Carol Isaacs. Had a very nice evening. They are in Goshen having work done on their Montana and we are sitting at the Mor/Ryde factory in Elkhart waiting for the second day to get a return call from Teton to see if they are going to pay for replacing the wrong axles they installed on our Teton when it was built. Getting real frustrating.

Smokey & Pam
2016 Tiffin Allegro Open Road
15 Jeep Cherokee

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Left Winchester Bay two days ago -- Arrived at the Woodburn Dragstrip this morning for a total of 206.53 miles .. .. icon_razz.gif

Dry camping at the Finish Line for the Hot Rod Nationals .. .. ..

icon_biggrin.gif

Next stop -- Auburn, Indiana for the Kruse Car Auction over Labor Day -- 1920 miles away .. .. icon_eek.gif

Wish me Luck -- As I'm not used to traveling over 50 miles a day .. .. icon_wink.gif

WiFi -- 19.95 for the 3 day event .. .. icon_eek.gif

Gotta GO >>> >> >

N 45.15289

W 122.90881

Dave

icon_biggrin.gif

75.6 degrees.

Hell the heat index yesterday here in N O was 122 degrees.

75 degrees is like a cool fall day here.

We were lucky today it was only 106 degrees.

August in N O is ALLWAYS on the warm side.

GREAT COOKIN'

Margie, The Chef & Calvin (Dalmatian)

you eat to live, WE LIVE TO EAT

2000 Volvo 770 "NO FireDog"

2006 Hitchiker Champagne 38 LK

2003 Heritage Softail Classic "Brutus"

2007 Yahama 400cc "Hi-Ho"

SKP#97959

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/23543...033436899TkRHUX

Hello Dick --

GREAT -- Do stop by .. icon_cool.gif

No -- They didn't have any room -- So I called and got a reservation at Indian Springs -- Know anything about them ??

I arrive 8/24 -- From 8/27 - 9/4 I'll be at the Auction.

And -- If you've any Pull .. I prefer the temps in the Hi 50's -- Any hotter and I'm a bit sluggish .. .. Did I mention it's HOT here .. .. icon_wink.gif

See ya down the road ...... icon_cool.gif

Dave

Hi Lee -- --

Yes .. I've a house in Florence.

I just finished 10 weeks dry camping at Winchester Bay. I'm starting to question my sanity - As to why I left .. icon_biggrin.gif

Maybe I'll loose some weight on this trip .. .. Naw -- Won't hold my breath on that .. .. icon_wink.gif

1st time I've camped at a racing event -- Would this make a GREAT spot for a Rally .. .. icon_biggrin.gif

You just can't imagine all the steaks on the BBQ here tonight -- Man .. What smells .. .. icon_wink.gif

Gotta GO >>> >> > .

Dave

icon_biggrin.gif

Dave, I am not familar with Indian Spring but Sue used to live in the area and says the last she heard (about 20 years ago) it was mostly motor homes and trailers, staying there permanently. Again, that was 20 years ago. They have spent a lot of money on a web page and cannot be that close to the big auction, to let it be run down. This area is not noted for its campgrounds.

I'm betting you have been there before. If so do you remember the field, used as a parking lot, that is south, across the road, from the auction. I have seen campers in there, during the auction.

The weather will be dry or wet or both. Either way, it will be hot.

Our mosquitos are first cousins to the B24s they fly in Michigan. icon_frown.gif Bring your antiaircraft guns. icon_wink.gif

Dick

Had a GREAT time at the Hot Rod Nationals .. Lost WiFi though as the place started to fill up.. .. icon_mad.gif

Worst construction to date -- I-84E at Ogden,UT. Now -- That SUCKED .. .. icon_eek.gif

Talking about road construction -- Several places on I-80 .. And I get a tickle with the speed signs .. .. In Black/Orange lettering it says "Slow Down" -- Then underneath is the speed -- 65 Miles Per Hour. Yea -- Right .. Even on my best day - Going downhill I don't go THAT Fast .. .. icon_biggrin.gif

Pulled into Davenport, IA this morning -- Got a site at Interstate RV Park .. ..

icon_wink.gif

Having a hard time coping -- It's HOT and HUMID in these parts. Last night it was 102 when I went to bed - Had both air's on in the Truck and woke up around midnight and all the windows were sweating on the OUTSIDE -- It was so humid out.

And - There is NO restaurant within walking distance from this park. With this Heat/Humidity and NO food -- I might loose some weight .. .. FAT Chance .. icon_biggrin.gif

So much for washing/waxing the Rig before I left -- Got to go find a Truck Wash that hand washes .. .. icon_rolleyes.gif

I'll be here a couple of days - I see that the Nascar Race has been postponed -- Great .. I'll catch it tomorrow -- Maybe I can call out for a Pizza .. .. icon_cool.gif

Played tag with Lonesome Dove -- Only got a chance to introduce myself at Cabella's RV Park -- Lost you today on the road .. Hope all is well and you got your problem fixed.

Traveled 2192 miles (ECM) or 2209 miles (GPS) and am averaging 9.86 MPG (ECM) -- Including ideling time -- I won't be without my AC .. .. icon_biggrin.gif

Gotta GO >>> >> > .. .

N 41.60580

W 090.63162

Dick -- I'll call you later this evening .. icon_wink.gif

Dave

Dave, good to hear from you. icon_smile.gif After we hung up, I turned on the TV and discovered we are under a flood watch. icon_eek.gif Nothing to worry about, I think the weather boys are just bored. icon_rolleyes.gif

Most of the time you will be here, the temps should be about 20 degrees cooler than where you are at now.

Pam, run up to I80 and flag him down. He will be coming by you Thursday or Friday. icon_biggrin.gif

Dick

Hi All:

We are in Spokane at Fairchild AFB through Labor Day, Visiting the Grand daughter and GG kids. Oldest is now 13, whow time flys.

We will be "wandering" towards Wichita VIA US 2 to Minot and US 52 to Drake, ND. We then drop south on US 83 to US 54 and into Wichita by the 24th of Sep. See you all there if we don't see you sooner. icon_cool.gif

Scott, Barb, & Tinkerbell

Datastorm user #1598

Hi Guys and Gals,

Sharon and I are heading due east on I-80 to about Omaha, then up to Sioux Falls to finalize our change of domicile.

We wanted all you folks that are double towing to know that the KOA in West Wendover, Nevada has pull thrus 80 feet long!!!! You don't have to unhitch anything. Yepee.

Sorry if this is the wrong thread to post this on.

Keep makin' happy tracks,

Bob T

WE HAD A MINI RALLY!!!

David & Sue McCarron,(770) Brad & Cindy Tihinen (770) and Roger & Susan Haddix (610) are all here visiting us. (Mike & Pat McFall,770) at Custer,SD in the Beautiful BLACK HILLS. We had a neat Happy Hour Pot Luck this evening.

Super time by all !!!!

Mark and Dale Bruss and Larry and Linda Moore will be here soon....

Anybody else in the area,,,come on out!!

Mike & Pat McFall SKP # 40224

2001 Volvo 770 Autoshift

2005 Teton 45' Grand Reliance

PressurePro Tire Monitor Dealer

PressurePro System

Mike and Pat's Travels

Tripod Website

Oldphoneman pulled into Elkhart campground this AM. Had a really nice visit, went out to dinner. Has me convinced that we REALLY need to hit the west coast HDT rally next year. icon_biggrin.gif

I think he is really suffering from the heat and humidity. Just checked weatherbug, it's 88 degrees with a heat index of 96 and humidity of 68% at 7:19pm. icon_eek.gif It was well over 100 earlier. This humidity stinks!!! icon_mad.gif

We are at Holmes County state park Mississippi. We have been one of only 2 campers in the park all week. Will be heading to Wappapello lake in southern Mo. next week. Plan to spend a month or two in the Mo Ozarks.

Jim and Melissa

full timer, no time for working

2001 volvo 660 "Suite-T"

2007 MS 38RL3

SKP# 99979

http://community.webshots.com/user/maltruck8?vhost=community

On our way to visit Pat and Mike McFall in Custer, SD. Will get there next Saturday, 9/2. In the meantime we are making our way across ND. Right outside of Fargo (Casselton) for 2 days, then 1 overnight near Bismark, 4 nights in Medora, 1 night in Spearfish, SD...and then on into Custer on Saturday. We are on the move this coming week!

Dale

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

Broken Arrow Campground.1/2 mile east and 4 mile south of Custer.

43 deg 42 min 53 sec North

103 deg 34 min 44 sec West

605-673-4471

Best in the West!!

Larry & Jerri owners, Both x semi drivers.

tell them Mike & pat sent you.

Mike & Pat McFall SKP # 40224

2001 Volvo 770 Autoshift

2005 Teton 45' Grand Reliance

PressurePro Tire Monitor Dealer

PressurePro System

Mike and Pat's Travels

Tripod Website