HDT Members On The Road, Including Their Current Locations

Jim Gehlen

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are leaving for Alaska in a few days. A 48 day tour group of about 15 RVs with fantasy tours. We will be going up the 5 and back on the 15, to and from Dawson Creek, our starting point. We have to be at our starting point on June 10th. This is very exciting, we always wanted to see Alaska. We will have a good time.

Bill Ramsey

Bill & Sharon Part-Timers
1999 30' Lazy Daze motorhome
1994 Geo Tracker Toad
Hesperia, California

Hello Bill and Sharon --

You'll miss our WCR .. .. icon_frown.gif

If it works for you folks ........ Take the Sutherlin cutoff and head over to the Coast - To Winchester Bay for a couple of days on your way up.

I'll meet you there ..........

I'm draging the trailer there - Leaving this Sunday for a few days as we are getting a break from the RAIN ... .. . icon_cool.gif

If this doesn't work for you - Let me know when you're in the Eugene area and stop at the Truck Stop and I'll buy you guys Lunch .. .. icon_biggrin.gif

Safe Travels ...... icon_razz.gif

Dave

We have arrived in Whitehorse, YT. We will be here for a couple of days then on to Anchorage before making our way to Fairbanks.

We will be at the Tanana Valley Fair Campgrounds for the Summer. Bill and Sharon if you are in FBKs look us up.

1.189 per litre ~ $4.49CND/US gal highest price seen. YT was actually cheaper than upper BC

Cheapest 1.129/litre ~ $4.27CND/US gal

Bonnie & I will be leaving on Monday May 7th from Portage, Wisconsin to spend the summer in Alaska. Will be returning to the lower 48 the first half of September.

Gail & Bonnie Quinn (Full-timing since July 18, 2004)

2001 Volvo 610 autoshift (Ultimate V Rod) 465 HP, 1650 Torque, 3:42 gears with air locker, pictures of build can be seen @ http://community.web...theeskimogquinn

2010 New Horizons 45' custom Majestic, pictures of construction can be seen @ http://picasaweb.goo...com/gailquinn48

2003 Harley Davidson FLHTCUI, 100 HP, 118 Torque; Blog of 2007 Alaska trip @ http://quinntheeskim...nn.blogspot.com

2013 Smart Passion fortwo coupe

......Quinn....take a large load of mosquito repellent[gallons].....soon as I crossed over to Canada they followed us up and back to Alaska.....that and a group of preditors called Black Flies.... [also CASH is good!] and credit cards for break downs.....very few women up there that are anything to look at[take magazines].....fishing was good and wildlife pix were exceptional....have a good time!...geofkaye

"Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us that do"-I Asimov

Sitting at Lake Texoma outside Kingston, OK. Having grown up in the Midwest, this is NOT the best place to be this time of year, but (knock on wood), the severe storms & tornados seem to be going around us. We've gotten some pretty good rainfalls, though!

Heading to MO for visits shortly, then to Nashville for CMAFest at the beginning of June.

Apparently we were the talk of the cafe here when we pulled in...lots of people stopping by to check out the truck.

Renee

Dave, Renee & furkids Casey & Miss Kitty
1998 Volvo 610 Straight 10 "Leather n' Lace"; Herrin bed w/Rampage motorcycle lift; 2010 40' New Horizons Majestic; 2008 Harley FLSTC; 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited; 1999 Yamaha 4X4 Kodiak (that is NOT with us!)

We are at the KOA in Lyman, Wyoming, until May 21st to help Sue's sister pack up her house (which she has sold) and get her moved to Tennessee. We won't be going to Tennessee with her, she has engaged movers so we only have to help on the Wyoming end.

Someone in a red Volvo pulling a big fifth wheel (driver had a beard and looked very familiar) passed us here in Lyman on Sunday. Were any of you here in Wyoming on Sunday?

We will head towards Winchester Bay in Oregon after this and probably make it to the West Coast Rally there.

David and Sue McCarron

Blue Volvo 770

David & Sue McCarron

02 Volvo 770

05 Teton Frontier 39'

Dave and Sue: Thought that may have been youse guys. We took a little side trip through the Bridger place there and just took the road where it lead us. Didn't even know there was a KOA there but do now for future reference.

Had the mail forwarded today and found a recall notice for Valerie's "V" star so get the pleasure of waiting to get that fixed, probably Monday the 13th.

Paint your wagon and come along

98 Volvo, VNL 610

01 Alfa Ideal, 38'6"

South Dakota plates

SKP # 68396

Jim, figured it is about time that I get off my butt and join in the conversation. Get off my butt, not really. Beck & I remain active and occupied with our family research and travel. Good hearing from you. Hope you and Valerie are doing well.

PS. A comment to Toterman's post, yes, it is a small world.

To OLDphoneman,

Where in Winchester Bay are we actually meeting for the rally? We have discovered that there are at least four RV resorts there. We have planned our trip and will be there on June 21st. (Just need to know exactly where to find everyone.)

David and Sue McCarron

Blue Volvo 770

David & Sue McCarron

02 Volvo 770

05 Teton Frontier 39'

Hi David --

Most elect to park on the asphalt. This is located just past the Port Office - Extending all the way down to the Boat Ramps on the North end.

There are no reservations excepted in this area. First come first served. Cost is 10 dollars a night. Just 200 yards away - Just past the boat ramps is the RV dump and fresh water - So that is close !!

I'm trying for the spot at the start of this page - That being section "C" space 16. I like the water and the price is 12 dollars a night. This is just a couple of hundred feet away from the pavement parking.

Some elect to reserve a space in the RV Resort. One can either walk or drive to the other side of the Marina - Where most of us will be.

As you've found out -- There are also many other camp grounds here. Windy Cove has 2 sections and then there is Discovery Point. There are also several Sand Campgrounds for the more adventerous .. .. icon_wink.gif

Bottom line -- IF you prefer full hookups -- Call Salmon Harbor RV Resort (Best One) and reserve a spot.

If you care to dry camp - NO reservations required (Plenty Of Room !!) -- Just head down the road to the RV dump/Boat ramps and select a spot of your choice .. .. icon_cool.gif

Re-Reading last years thread may also help .. . . icon_biggrin.gif

If I can be of any further HELP .. .. Just drop me a line .. .. icon_biggrin.gif

See you folks at the Beach .. .. icon_cool.gif

Dave

We are in Rayne, Lousiana, near Lafayette. Giving a PressurePro Seminar at the Monico rally. We also have a booth set up for the next 4 days, here at the Fair Grounds. Anybody around here, come on over....

Mike

Mike & Pat McFall SKP # 40224

2001 Volvo 770 Autoshift

2005 Teton 45' Grand Reliance

PressurePro Tire Monitor Dealer

PressurePro System

Mike and Pat's Travels

Tripod Website

That was good service, mailed it from LA on Wed and you got it in MD Friday. I'll PM you later on the details.

Met a guy at the Rally that know's you!! ED with Workhorse Chassis. Say's he will be seeing you at the Branson Rally...

He was telling me about this guy that has this BIG truck. After he described it, I said "That's TOTERMAN" He said, "yes, how did you know?" Small world!!

regards

mike

Mike & Pat McFall SKP # 40224

2001 Volvo 770 Autoshift

2005 Teton 45' Grand Reliance

PressurePro Tire Monitor Dealer

PressurePro System

Mike and Pat's Travels

Tripod Website