HDT Members On The Road, Including Their Current Locations

Jim Gehlen

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, HERO Maker said:

Roger, was that a 2015?

Glad they took care of your landing legs.  I would imagine there was no cost to you?  Like I said at the Rally, they were taking care of a lot of people.

Mine's a 2014, I have heard that in that build timeframe they had bonding issues, no hard facts but I will find out more when I get to Mor/Ryde this week, now to get the jacks done so I can unhook the trailer, as pinning the jacks up by myself is a pita!!

Roger

GCTaaehl.jpg

On 12/10/2017 at 7:04 PM, Hewhoknowslittle said:

In Goshen Indiana getting the front jacks replaced then to Elkhart to get Mor/ryde ti check the rubber springs, I have lost 2 of them this year, and it looks like I have 2 more getting ready to go, they are not bonded correctly, rubber is good, just not attached to the metal mounting plates.

Then if no bad weather might head to Canton Ohio to see big Al.

Roger

Hi Roger,

Glad to here that you are in Goshen, Indiana. Right now (12/12/17) it is snowing here in Canton. The low temp for tonight is going to be 14*f. 

Stay safe,
Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

In Valley Springs CA sitting on property we bought.  Waiting to go down to Arizona the middle of January after wife's birthday and PG&E installs a power pole for electricity.   

"It is better to have more truck than you need than to need more truck than you have"

2001 Volvo 660, Cummins 400 ISX, Eaton 3 Peddle Auto Shift    
2014 Fuzion 40' Toyhauler
2015 Smart Car                                                                                                                                                                          

• 2 weeks later...

Cathy and I plan to stay here at the Voyager RV Resort in Tucson through the end of March.

Volvo+and+Travel+Supreme+400+x+103.jpg

2001 Volvo 770, Detroit 60 Series, Gen 2 Autoshift

Passenger assist elevator to enter cab - for when we need it, or sell it?

'05 Travel Supreme Select 40 RLQSO 5th wheel

2016 smart car

We started full timing on December 1st 2014

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness - Mark Twain
Not all that wander are lost - J. R. R. Tolkien

We have been down in the Rio Grande Valley since around the 1st of November getting ready to lead all the Mission Trips into Mexico.  Leaving tomorrow for the border so I won't be around much here for awhile.  Be safe everybody, and get out of that cold stuff!!!!

Edited by HERO Maker

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
2016 DRV Mobile Suites, Houston
HERO Makers Ministry

30495168531_143d8fb8d6_m.jpg

11 hours ago, HERO Maker said:

We have been down in the Rio Grande Valley since around the 1st of November getting ready to lead all the Mission Trips into Mexico.  Leaving tomorrow for the border so I won't be around much here for awhile.  Be safe everybody, and get out of that cold stuff!!!!

Are you taking your HDT & 5th into Mexico? 

Dan (Class of 2017) - 2012 Ram 3500 & 2005 Alpenlite Valhalla 29RK
Contact me at rvsolarconsulting.com or Two Wheel Ramblin

Sitting in Yuma, TN for the night, trying to decide whether to. Continue west on I-40 or drop down to I-20 tomorrow.  Weather looks ugly Monday night and Tuesday  if we stay on 40.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Finally made it down to Lake Havasu AZ.  Boondocking north of town.  No camp host this year so I'll be here until the BLM dudes kick me out.

"It is better to have more truck than you need than to need more truck than you have"

2001 Volvo 660, Cummins 400 ISX, Eaton 3 Peddle Auto Shift    
2014 Fuzion 40' Toyhauler
2015 Smart Car                                                                                                                                                                          

So I've seen a few other HDT's here boondocking on BLM Land north of Quartszite. I need to go say hey to them. We are on our 5th day of boondocking on BLM land and really enjoying it. This is a whole new world and honestly we are enjoying it a lot more than being squished into campgrounds. I think we'll be working on setting ourselves up better for future boondocking. I did pick up a Honda EU2000i to supplement always having to run the big 5.5k Onan, but we still need a good battery monitor, a good inverter/charger and finally some solar & charge controller. I think as we add those items, the boondocking will be even more pleasant. We are really enjoying being here with the Xscapers too! 

Edited by BlueLghtning

Dan (Class of 2017) - 2012 Ram 3500 & 2005 Alpenlite Valhalla 29RK
Contact me at rvsolarconsulting.com or Two Wheel Ramblin

We're just west of Lafayette, LA.  16 degrees F this a.m.  Nearly all businesses closed due to ice.  Hopefully, it'll warm up tomorrow.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row

25 minutes ago, rickeieio said:

We're just west of Lafayette, LA.  16 degrees F this a.m.  Nearly all businesses closed due to ice.  Hopefully, it'll warm up tomorrow.

67 near Wickenburg AZ today. 53 right now. Sun in the eyes.

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

2 hours ago, rickeieio said:

:P

Hey Rick and Susan,

How close to Wickenburg?   We (and The Brett's, Haagsma's, and Johnston's, Penner's and a couple of HDT Lot Owners are in Escapees North Ranch, Congress.    (12 miles from W)

Janet Church Lifetime Member #96033 RDBE #58
2005 Volvo 630
2008 Blue Smart
2006 Ruby Red Smart (1st Gen)
2009 DRV 36' Mobile Suites
NO PMs PLEASE. I might not see them for a long time! Contact me at: jags1fan@gmail.com

better half: G8r.Ray Raymond Church

My blog: ForksInTheRVRoad.com

11 hours ago, jags1fan said:

Hey Rick and Susan,

How close to Wickenburg?   We (and The Brett's, Haagsma's, and Johnston's, Penner's and a couple of HDT Lot Owners are in Escapees North Ranch, Congress.    (12 miles from W)

Our plans are loose. We're enjoying poking around here in the heart of  Cajun country. We'll likely head over to Big Bend for a week or so, then to Rusty's RV Ranch in NM for a bit. Rumor has it that North Ranch may be crowded in February?

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN