Now Hiring GasLine Survey Will Train

rearnold

It's called a flame pack because there is a small flame inside the hand piece. It's more of a "sniffer". You wave the wand over the gas lines and it "sniffs" out leaks. The flame is not dangerous. It just part of what make the unit be able to sniff.

jwalker

Homebase is the Hills of East Tennessee

Currently, on the road again...

Visit Our Geocaching Blog

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to update this thread and let everyone know that Southern Cross is hiring (July 2013). They have some new accounts and need more survey techs. Read through this thread, it's been up for a while but still has some really good information. Brian Flynn (operations manager) or Matt Reardon (project supervisor) can be contacted at (770) 441-0403. Tell them you heard about it from Kevin. If you want you can e-mail me and I’ll give you my cell number.

• 1 month later...

To follow up on what pepthedog posted last month. Here is a link to a posting Southern Cross made in Workers Wanted section of this forum last month! http://www.rvnetwork.com/index.php?showtopic=105925

It appears they have a need now that makes them more responsive to those interested in applying!

Edited by bobsea43

Bob & BJ
On the road (part time) to ournextstop!
2019 Bounder 35P
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (Oscar)

Here is an update on my application. Called and talked to Matt one of the supervisors in the office in Georgia and listed in the above post. He said they are not hiring at this time and not sure if there will be a need in the near future. He mentioned that they have 14 techs finishing an assignment in the Northern States in the next 4 weeks and will need to find spots for them to be reassigned before hiring new personnel. He did pull my application and noted that I would be a good candidate for a future opening but I got the feeling that could be a ways down the road. I will continue to follow up with him on a regular basis but just wanted to let everyone else know what I had found out.

http://workinrvers.blogspot.com

2002 Winnebago Journey DL

2010 Harley Ultra Classic Electra Glide

2007 Dodge Dakota

• 3 weeks later...

Here is an update on my application. Called and talked to Matt one of the supervisors in the office in Georgia and listed in the above post. He said they are not hiring at this time and not sure if there will be a need in the near future. He mentioned that they have 14 techs finishing an assignment in the Northern States in the next 4 weeks and will need to find spots for them to be reassigned before hiring new personnel. He did pull my application and noted that I would be a good candidate for a future opening but I got the feeling that could be a ways down the road. I will continue to follow up with him on a regular basis but just wanted to let everyone else know what I had found out.

Thank you for this, I was trying to contact the OP, just to see if they were still hiring/training, Denise

Ready to unleash my gypsy heart after years of trying to put my "square" self in "round" mold :lol:

• 4 months later...

Just an FYI, now that the new year has started, SCC will start hiring again. I know that here in WA I'll be looking for several techs. We may hire more locals but I know just about every project will be kicking off around March 1.

Barney

fulltimer since 05, traveling,working,traveling,working......

Barney and Cheryl(RIP 6/15/13) love you Baby!

Barney..... This sounds interesting. I know you can't look too far into the future, but I would be interested in work in the northwest US or BC mid-summer into fall. Would contracts starting in March extend that long? Or even into the winter (Puget Sound area)?

Thanks.

John

FX

John & Diane, fulltiming with Lincoln the guard cat.

2002 Dutch Star 40DP towing our 2004 Honda Element

Escapees, FMCA, Good Sam, FCOC, NKK

• 2 weeks later...

Mike, it looks like SCC is hiring for Nolfork, Richmond, and the DC area.

John, I don't think we have anything in the Puget sound area. I'm think I'm the "out West" project right now Eastern WA, N. Idaho, SW OR.

http://www.southerncrosscorp.com/

If any of you are interested click on the SCC web site and go to careers, the locations, then fill out the app. the application is designed to see if you are good fit for the job or if the jobs a good fit for you. once its filled out it goes into a data base that all the supervisors can access.

Barney

Edited by Barnstormers

Barney,

Does a person has any say where they get sent to? My biggest trepidation is that I will get sent somewhere for seven months that I wouldn't like or have lived there before. This job sounds great if it will allow me to travel and see the country. Thanks for all of the information.

David

Mike, thanks for the app. As far as follow up goes, not sure. You could call and speak with Matt Readon. He is the Travelers Supervisor.

David, We go where the work is and where the contracts are signed. That being said SCC will try and work with your needs. I have found that those employees that prove their worth to the Co (go work ethic, self starters, get er done attitude) get their needs met faster. If someone whines and bitches constantly, they ususally get tthe oportunity to be successful working for someone else.

Barney

• 2 weeks later...

I resubmitted my application a couple of weeks ago and didn't hear back so I called Matt Readon and he told me he was no longer in charge of recruiting anymore, but he would relay my information to Adam. I then wrote an email for Brian. I have also called the office and left two voicemails for another recruiter. I haven't heard a peep from anybody. A few months ago I talked to them and they told me they wanted to hire me but i was selling my house and needed a few more months. They told me to contact them in Feburary. i'm pretty perplexed, but I heard this is norma,l, but I am ready to hit the road. Does anybody know the name of the outfit in Texas that also hire traveling techs. I think it starts with a "H" or a "N".

David

I am racking my brain but cannot remember it! If I do I will come back and post it. I had their app at one time and talked to them but some things changed on my part and I dropped it with both companies. I am pretty sure the name you are looking for is in this thread probably back in late 2007 or early 2008.

Good luck!

Bob & BJ
On the road (part time) to ournextstop!
2019 Bounder 35P
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (Oscar)

there was a managment shuffle at SCC about the first of Feb. Adam Mayfield is in charge of the Travelers now. Unfortunately any info that Matt had has been lost. I know, dumb move on SCCs part. But it was a software glitch that dumped everything Matt had when he took his new position.

Adam's number 770 255 1284

Hope this helps

Barney

• 2 weeks later...

I just got a phone call from Adam Mayfield the project Supervisor for Travelers.

SCC is currently looking for Traveling techs in these locations

Hays KS --- 1 person

Mississipi, various locations--- 2 people

Louisianna, Shreveport to the gulf 1 person

Texax, not sure where. This is a two man project. woulb be good for a couple

Montana Dakota Utilities. This encompasses Montana, North and South Dakota and parts of Minnesota. 4 people

Adam Mayfield 770 255 1284

Background checks have been taking up to two weeks to get processed, so please be patient.

Barney

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Al. I sent you a private message with my phone number. To all, yes we're hiring. I was told on Monday 11/17/14 that the company is needing many more traveling technicians. Let me know if you want more info and I'll provide what I can and direct you to the recruiter.