RDBE (for those in the know)

ddshjs

Well, R says his Mom ate a reasonable amount for supper tonight! By reasonable, I mean less than a cup of food, but that's more than she's eaten for the past week. She slept well last night. Her two physical therapy sessions wore her out and she said she was ready to go to sleep at 8 tonight. She is doing alright and they are working intensively with her.

R is doing well. He will get the morning off and will get to spend it with us, so I am really happy about that.

Please keep up the prayers - she needs them and they are working!

Heidi

2007 2L Freightliner Century Condo, 14.0L Detroit, QD 6000
2013 Space Craft

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heidi, Thanks for the updates. We keep praying and wishing the best for her and everyone.

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

So great to hear that progress and some improvements are being made. Obviously this poor woman has a very long road ahead of her, but our God is up to that task! Hey, how about a first name for the prayers. Kinda tired of referring to her as "R's mom". Hope you guys enjoy your morning together - know you all miss having him around!

Hugs to all, and prayers continue...

Sharon

Richard & Sharon

For Sale - 2005 Freightliner Century RV Hauler

Truck-for-sale-smaller.jpg

HI all - Sallye is improving slowly. She did another 25 steps in physical therapy. Robert met both the physical and occupational therapists today and they are taking a very wise approach with her. We are impressed with them. Sallye also ate well again at breakfast and supper. Yea!

I'll not post again until something monumental happens. If anyone wants to follow along, I am posting daily on FB so the extended family and friends can keep up with her progress.

Thank you all again for your concern. Please continue to keep her in your prayers.

2013 Space Craft

• 2 weeks later...

Robert's Mom goes home tomorrow! She is doing SO much better than she was even a week ago. Yesterday she sat up for 4 hours in a row and fed herself supper and ate about a cup of food. She seems to be less exhausted after small exertions, so she is recovering slowly, but steadily!

I also had some excitement last week. Robert let me drive the 3 hours one way to go be with my parents, as Dad was having surgery. It went well and they said he did not need intervention and that his heart looks good, so that was a relief to my Mom and to all of us.

If you will, please pray that Sallye gets moved home safely tomorrow and that it does not totally exhaust her. R's sister will stay with R's parents for at least another week. Also, her two little ones went home to be with their Dad, so our days of having 6 children have come to an end.

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and words. They are greatly appreciated!

Heidi

2013 Space Craft

Praise GOD! What an answer to prayers! I know the family is all thrilled beyond measure.

Now I have a prayer request. My uncle Ted, on the 13th, went into the hospital for excessive fluid on his lungs, so they drained it off, then discovered something on the bottom of his lung that looked like "orange peel". So in their infinite wisdom, decide to scrape it off (for what purpose, who knows). In the process, they poked two holes in his lung! But they said "we hope they will heal on their own". Doesn't sound like something that would just heal up on it's own, but hopefully I'm wrong. Now in addition to the holes they poked, his lungs are "shrinking" - again, who knows why. They have him on pureed food "so the food doesn't get into his lungs" - and again, not sure why non pureed food would end up in his lungs, but pureed wouldn't... About 18 months ago, he had a 4 way bypass after being "shocked" over 100 times trying to get/keep his heart going. He's not in the best of health as you might guess, but his wife Iva, is one of those who would likely follow him very shortly if he passes away - they're that kind of close couple. Been together since jr high school! So please, prayers would be appreciated!

Richard & Sharon

Well, ladies (and any lurking gentlemen B) ), Robert's Mom is officially home! He said she looks good and survived the move quite well.

Sharon, will continue to pray for your uncle. That does not sound good....

Thanks again to all for your prayers and concern.

Heidi

PS Susan, we had lady finger popcorn popped in bacon grease for lunch - yummy! I found a shop that sells some of your fancy popcorn and have really been enjoying it. So glad to have been introduced to such a concept. It's delicious!

2013 Space Craft

Lurker Here-------- GREAT NEWS!

Rick and Alana

Fulltimers

2018 Newmar Ventana 4037

2020 Jeep Gladiator 

1997 Jeep TJ

2009 Mobile Suites 36RSSB3

formerly owned 2000 Volvo 770, 600 Cummins ISX,18 speed autoshift, 14 foot "garage"

ET,Jackalopee,MaxBrake,Pressure Pro pro

www.rickandalanasgreatadventures.blogspot.com

Heidi - so glad to hear how Robert's Mom is continuing to improve.

Sharon - will be praying for your Uncle.

Janet Church Lifetime Member #96033 RDBE #58
2005 Volvo 630
2008 Blue Smart
2006 Ruby Red Smart (1st Gen)
2009 DRV 36' Mobile Suites
NO PMs PLEASE. I might not see them for a long time! Contact me at: jags1fan@gmail.com

better half: G8r.Ray Raymond Church

My blog: ForksInTheRVRoad.com

• 1 month later...

Greetings, Ladies -

Wanted to give you the latest on DH's Mom. She has had extra struggles over this past month, but she had a wonderful week this past week. She went to her bone doctor and he took her arm cast off and told her she could take off the back/body brace! That leaves her with a temporary splint on her arm and her neck brace. So she is healing well and is doing quite well considering all that she's been through.

On the home front, I told DH last week that I have itchy wheel syndrome and realized that the ECR is now just one week away! It will be nice to untether Behemoth and get on the road again.

So, who all is coming??

2013 Space Craft

Heidi, That is good news about DH's Mom.

Raymond and I arrived Crossville 18 March. Even though it's been quite cold it's still a beautiful place.

Gail and Steve Dixon arrived the 23rd.

Last thing I heard there are 25 registered for the ECR.

Safe Travels to your family and everyone! See y'all soon.

2005 Volvo 630
2008 Blue Smart
NO PMs PLEASE. I might not see them for a long time! Contact me at: jags1fan@gmail.com

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a while since I've visited. I have been traveling around Texas (hotels and car) for speaking engagements. It has been a lot of fun but I realize I miss my home and cats, oh and Rick too! hahah

We get on the road to Yellowstone in May - can't wait! We will be there for 2 weeks and a couple of days.

Hope all is well with everyone and looking forward to see you ladies in October!

I am RickW’s amazing wife from Wylie, TX. In 2009, we made our first trek to the HDT Rally in KS in an LGT. The next year we arrived in a 2004 Volvo 780 (465hp and 10sp Auto Shift). In 2017, we transitioned into an Entegra Anthem to suit our lifestyle. We have a home and travel as often as we can, mainly to Yellowstone and other National Parks with our cats and dog, Bailey Mae. 

Missing those of you who aren't here at the ECR!! Donna and Carl have done a wonderful job this year and we are enjoying the fruit of their labors.

Lots of absent RDBErs names kept coming up at the RDBE meeting today.... Know that you are missed....

Alicia, know you'll enjoy that trip in May. Glad you're back home for a bit.

2013 Space Craft

Miss being there this time. Hope everyone is having an awesome time. Typical for TX, it's gone from winter to summer with only about a week that we'd truly call spring. Just about to get too hot for this wimp. Besides, have to get back to Colorado and get the darned shoulder surgery done (rotator cuff), so that I can have some time with my super good physical therapist before time to leave and head back here to TX again in the fall. Gosh how fast time flies - especially when it's all put in writing like that!

So how many rigs ended up at the rally? Hugs to everyone!

Richard & Sharon

And we missed you being here, Sharon! Great time! All but about 6 rigs left and we'll all be leaving at varying times over the next week. Lots of updates here, and now that the weather is cooperating Kim does have plans to build a Pavilion on this side of the park. Pictures will be posted soon by Donna/Carl.

Gregg Shields posted

East Coast HDT Rally 2014 Aerial

I think there were 21 Rigs here...with 26 attending - all cabins filled + lots of newcomers.

Still planning on being in BV for the 2014 Color Run. We'll keep you posted if anything changes!

2005 Volvo 630
2008 Blue Smart

• 1 month later...

Raymond and I are making our way across the US - 2000 miles ago we left Jacksonville (16 March). US2 is a wonderful way to travel. Currently in Grand Forks AFB, North Dakota. Minot, ND tomorrow night. Glasgow, MT Friday night and 5 nights at St Mary, MT- at the edge of Glacier NP. Then we head North to Calgary - to get a Drom Box and off to the Yukon and Alaska for the summer. What fun being on the road!

http://forksinthervroad.com

if you'd like to follow our adventure.

And, Ladies, be sure to send recipes to my email (Jags1fan@gmail.com) as you find them.

2005 Volvo 630
2008 Blue Smart

We get on the road to Yellowstone in May - can't wait! We will be there for 2 weeks and a couple of days.

Hey Alicia! Y'all still in YNP? We will head that direction in a couple of weeks. We are currently in Colorado Springs.

Heidi, Hope things are still going well for you guys. We had such a wonderful time visiting with you and Robert and hiking with the family! Hugs from us both!

Janet, I am enjoying following your journey to AK. Do you feel like a full-timing verteran yet? I hope you get some warmth soon!

Sharon, Have you had the surgery yet? Let us know how you are doing.

Susan & Trey Selman | email | HDT: '01 770 VED12 | 5er: '02 40' Travel Supreme RLTSOA | '16 Piaggio MP3 500 | '15 Smart Cabrio | Personal Blog | HHRV Resource Guide | HHRV Campgrounds | Recreation Vehicle Safety & Education Foundation |

Trey and Susan - Glad to see you posting here. We are in Glasgow, MT --- OH MY GOODNESS ---- we found a hotel with a RV park (Good Sam) in the back...sitting on the side of a plateau. Cottonwood Inn and Suites. Pull thurs are minimum of 80' and 50amp. AND you have access to their pool/hottub/workoutroom/etc. Walking distance to Ace Hardware, a local Grocery Store, Quilt Shop..... REALLY cute.

350 miles tomorrow to St Mary, MT - edge of Glacier NP....for 5 nights (atleast). What a wonderful drive across the US from St Ignace, Michigan on US2 West. It's a good road, plenty of places to stay, etc. No real traffic to speak of until we got near the oilfields in ND. Williston, ND - busy place - lots of construction - don't anyone plan to overnight there!!!! (unless you have business there). LOL

Hugs to you all.

Janet

2005 Volvo 630
2008 Blue Smart

Hey Susan! We arrive around May 28th and leave June 12th. If I still have your email address, I'll send you my cell phone number. Let's try to get together at least for dinner? That would be way cool!

Janet, I didn't realize you were on your way to Alaska! That's way cool! I'll take a look at your journal! Yeehaw! You're full timing now!

I am RickW’s amazing wife from Wylie, TX. In 2009, we made our first trek to the HDT Rally in KS in an LGT. The next year we arrived in a 2004 Volvo 780 (465hp and 10sp Auto Shift). In 2017, we transitioned into an Entegra Anthem to suit our lifestyle. We have a home and travel as often as we can, mainly to Yellowstone and other National Parks with our cats and dog, Bailey Mae. 

Wow, lots of great trips going on in this bunch right now! Susan, I have the shoulder surgery for the torn rotator cuff on 6-6. I'm a bit nervous about it because I don't do well with pain in general since there aren't pain meds that work on me that I can handle. So the after surgery pain is going to be not fun! Plus I've had a bad experience in the past with anesthesia - so again, not looking forward to it. I will happily appreciate any prayers you ladies (or guys) are willing to share with me!

So Alaska and Yellowstone for you lucky travelers....!?! Beats working on selling the house and cleaning out the last storage unit (IF I can actually sell it all this summer while recuperating)! Guess what? Richard has finally gotten "on board" with the solar thing! With the fact that we now have a residential fridge, and the frequent power outages we had this (and last) winter - it makes keeping the food safe more challenging. Plus having lights to read by and such would be nice when we're without power for up to 2 days...! So that's his first project when we get home next week. Hopefully he can get it done before surgery time, but we'll see...

Hugs to you all - miss seeing you and visiting - sorry I've been such a stranger lately (but really, I'm no stranger than I used to be!). Safe travels and wishes for loads of beautiful weather and scenery/critters to take pics of! Like your travel journey Janet...

Sharon

Edited by kingskids

Richard & Sharon

Hugs to you all - miss seeing you and visiting - sorry I've been such a stranger lately (but really, I'm no stranger than I used to be!).

Well, don't go changing now, Sharon! :P I will certainly pray for your upcoming surgery and recovery. I hope they find something to help with pain - i know staying ahead of such things is helpful. Dont' worry about us having too much fun. This summer will be a heavy-duty work time for us. But why not work in a beautiful surrounding if possible?

Alicia, I got your email - I will reply with our info soon.

Janet, Keep enjoying your journey (and sharing it with us)!

Susan & Trey Selman | email | HDT: '01 770 VED12 | 5er: '02 40' Travel Supreme RLTSOA | '16 Piaggio MP3 500 | '15 Smart Cabrio | Personal Blog | HHRV Resource Guide | HHRV Campgrounds | Recreation Vehicle Safety & Education Foundation |

Susan, if you're going to be in the Springs for another 2 weeks, want to see if we can get together there for lunch or something before my surgery? We could make it a Costco trip and enjoy lunch with some great folks...? If you don't have time, I understand. Just thought if you're available... Unless you've never been to our part of the mountains and want to see them... So you're going to be able to work in YNP this year instead of Austin? That will be a very nice change!! Bet you're looking forward to that!

Richard & Sharon

That sounds great, Sharon! I didn't realize you were this close - I thought you were in western CO. I'll send you an email.
BTW, We've already "done" Austin this year. Different job.

Ladies, so good to know what's going on with some of you!

Alicia, I'm sure you're extra excited about your extended trip to YNP this year, since you've had such a busy work schedule. I hope you guys see lots of animals and get tons of great pics!

Sharon, I have your surgery on my calendar and will pray that it goes well and that you find a way to recover without so much pain.

Susan, it was so good to see you guys. Makes me miss our crowd - there sure are some great ladies associated with these crazy HDT men!

Janet, DH and I have really enjoyed reading your blog. I have also been reading over his shoulder and hope that you guys figure out what's going on with your truck so you can head north with confidence. So glad you are enjoying St Mary's. We were there at the beginning of August and the Road to the Sun had just opened the last week of July. Crazy! I hope you get to see it later this year. Are you doing a lot of the hikes around there?

We are doing well. We're headed out Friday to visit old friends where we lived for 10 years, so really looking forward to that.

2013 Space Craft