RDBE (for those in the know)

ddshjs

Heidi,

I am so sorry. We are praying for you guys and Robert's parents. May you have the strength to help and comfort his parents as they begin this long healing process. Please let us know if we can do anything to help.

Susan & Trey Selman | email | HDT: '01 770 VED12 | 5er: '02 40' Travel Supreme RLTSOA | '16 Piaggio MP3 500 | '15 Smart Cabrio | Personal Blog | HHRV Resource Guide | HHRV Campgrounds | Recreation Vehicle Safety & Education Foundation |

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We will continue to lift up R's parents (and his mom in particular with the pain she must be in). May our Heavenly Father take her injured body in his hands of comfort and help her with the pain and the healing. Be sure to post any needs here, you know this is a tight and caring group who will always help whenever possible. Might even want to post the prayer request in the general section (outside of the HDT) where you can get more eyes on the prayer request quicker. Our love to you guys and to his parents.

Richard & Sharon

For Sale - 2005 Freightliner Century RV Hauler

Truck-for-sale-smaller.jpg

Heidi,

We wish the best for Roberts parents and hope they get well quickly. Where are you at and is there anything you need or anything we can try to do to help?

Debbie & Dave

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

Thank you all so much for your concern and your prayers. They are being felt. We are in the Memphis area.

DH's Dad is doing much better with his pain levels, as is DH's Mom. So far they are not talking surgery for any of her breaks - she is in a neck brace and a back brace and has a cast on her one arm. She was doing much better this afternoon (after taking her meds more regularly :huh:). DH seems to be doing well and his siblings are settling down and feeling more at ease.

I will probably need to help take care of my SIL's two little ones on and off for a while here, so you can pray that I have the grace to do that.

Thanks again for your concern.

Heidi

2007 2L Freightliner Century Condo, 14.0L Detroit, QD 6000
2013 Space Craft

Heidi, I'm so glad you had time to update us. I was going to send you an email, but figured the last thing you needed was a ton of emails showing up. Knew you'd update when you had time. Amazing that they aren't talking surgery for so many breaks and injuries yet. She must be an amazingly strong woman! If anyone can take care of 6 children with grace, it's you my friend! You're just wired that way :D. Prayers will continue for all of you guys, MIL in particular of course. Let her know she has lots of folks praying? It should make her feel more loved and cared for. Hang in there, you'll all get thru it by God's grace and comfort. Keep those updates coming, ok? Hugs to you, Robert, the little people, and the "other grandparents" (you'll understand what I mean!).

Sharon

Richard & Sharon

Jacolyn and I were so sorry to hear about Roberts folks. We both hope that the healing is progressing and ya'll are in our prayers.

Brad

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.

Heidi! So sorry to hear about Roberrt's parents and will be praying for comfort and a quick recovery. I also pray that the medical and vehicle insurance companies don't provide any challenges. You don't need that headache on top of all the other stuff.

Let us know if we can assist in any way.

HUGS,

Alicia

I am RickW’s amazing wife from Wylie, TX. In 2009, we made our first trek to the HDT Rally in KS in an LGT. The next year we arrived in a 2004 Volvo 780 (465hp and 10sp Auto Shift). In 2017, we transitioned into an Entegra Anthem to suit our lifestyle. We have a home and travel as often as we can, mainly to Yellowstone and other National Parks with our cats and dog, Bailey Mae. 

DH's Mom is progressing slowly. She took three steps forward - literally - today, so that is amazing.

She really needs to be able to breathe more deeply so her oxygen levels are at a reasonable level, so that is the prayer request for the day.

Thank you all again for your thoughts and prayers.

BTW, we will have 6 kids tomorrow. Did I mention 400 sq ft and 39 degrees for the high? Please pray for grace and camaraderie.

Thanks!

Heidi

2013 Space Craft

Praise God for "small steps"! I'm actually amazed she can even stand up with those injuries! Prayers will of course continue - and like I said before, if ANYONE can handle 6 kids in an rv on a cold day - it's my friend Heidi. I bet you'll say "not everyone is having fun" more than once though! Hugs to all...

Richard & Sharon

Heidi, I saw your post this morning but had no time to respond before work.

I am so glad things are progressing. I have been praying for you guys. Please tell DD1 that remember how much she loves quietness. I am praying that she can be loving and gracious during this wild, busy, and chaotic time! Hugs to everyone! Susan

Susan & Trey Selman | email | HDT: '01 770 VED12 | 5er: '02 40' Travel Supreme RLTSOA | '16 Piaggio MP3 500 | '15 Smart Cabrio | Personal Blog | HHRV Resource Guide | HHRV Campgrounds | Recreation Vehicle Safety & Education Foundation |

Okay, I was wrong. It was 6 kids and a high of 29. Brr! The day went quite smoothly. Amazingly two 2 year olds shared toys, the moon was repaired, the queens maid in waiting was enjoying her job, Saturn is doing well, etc, etc. We were NOT bored today! :rolleyes:

R spent the morning and evening with his Mom. She made over 40 steps today AND sat up for 2 hours!

Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers.

Heidi

2013 Space Craft

I don't know if I am allowed to post here but that is great news. The more she moves the sooner she can go somewhere that sick people don't always hang out. Keep the watch on the hand washing of EVERY PERSON WHO WALKS INTO HER ROOM. No matter if they touch her or not. They will have touched something in another room and will touch something in your room.

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

Wow, amazing progress for mom! I know they can't "fix" broken ribs, but is there anything they're going to do about the back? Other than a brace that is... What in the world do they do for a broken pelvis?? Bless her heart. I can't imagine how much pain she must be in. Richard did just one rib, and it turned out not to be broken, and he hurt big time for about 6 months, so my brain can't even imagine what she's in for.

We knew you would have a "survivable day" with all the kids - you're just hard wired for such! Glad it all went well. And I do agree with Rod - mom doesn't need to be fighting something like MRSA from germs brought in - on top of what she's got to deal with now. We'll give you a pass for this time Rod :rolleyes:

Edited by kingskids

Richard & Sharon

Ok I'm not supposed to be on this thread, however tell Robert, Alana and I are in his and his Parents corner.

Rick and Alana

Fulltimers

2018 Newmar Ventana 4037

2020 Jeep Gladiator 

1997 Jeep TJ

2009 Mobile Suites 36RSSB3

formerly owned 2000 Volvo 770, 600 Cummins ISX,18 speed autoshift, 14 foot "garage"

ET,Jackalopee,MaxBrake,Pressure Pro pro

www.rickandalanasgreatadventures.blogspot.com

Okay, since it seems to be a chance for guys to sneak in here, there are prayers being said by the Pope too.

Ok I'm not supposed to be on this thread, however tell Robert, Alana and I are in his and his Parents corner.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Ha! You guys are funny! I think there is an RDBE rule that guys can post once - as long as the subject matter is a woman. :lol:

Thank you all for your concern. It is nice know that we are not walking this alone.

R's Mom is continuing to hang in there. She practiced walking again today and they are having her sit up in a chair type thing twice a day. They say her sitting up will help her lungs inflate more easily and help get rid of the fluid that has built up.

R is pretty exhausted. He is burning his candle at both ends - dumping tanks, etc in the morning, nursing his Mom all day, etc. Will try to find a way to get him more sleep....

Please continue to keep R's Mom in your prayers. She is such a sweetie - it's hard to see her having to go through this.

Heidi

2013 Space Craft

Well I posted in the other thread, since I wasn't brave enough to post here originally. :)

Heidi, I'm glad to hear there is improvement. I will continue to keep all of you in my prayers.

Phil

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Heidi, Thanks for the regular updates. I'm glad they filled with such encouraging news! Make sure you BOTH get rest. Taking care of others is hard work! Will continue to pray.

Well, we survived another day of 6 children. :D I am amazed at how God is working out the timing each day. We had to take DD2 to a podiatrist for an issue that has been a reoccurring one and we needed to find out what was the cause. Got out of the appt late and drove to the hospital to pick up our nieces and R's sister had just arrived. The timing was perfect. Things like that happened throughout the day.

Amazingly the kids all got along pretty well again today - did I mention the high was 32? And - for lack of a better name - Spitfire, our 2 year old niece, has taken a special liking to Robert. If she gets a boo boo, she won't come to anyone but him, etc. It's hilarious.

On to the news of the day, my MIL was moved from ICU in one hospital to a rehabilitation facility across town. She is continuing to improve slowly each day. She walked again today. The physical therapy will really ramp up now. She is still so weak and not breathing very deeply, so those are still real concerns.

Tomorrow morning we will move the house across town to a campground that is only 10 minutes from the rehab facility. Aren't wheels grand??

Oh yes, R's Dad got a good report from his doctor this week, so that is wonderful.

Thank you all again for your concern.

Heidi

2013 Space Craft

Praise the Lord for all of what you reported on. She's going to end up being the walking testimony to God's healing miracles! Spitfire and R sounds like your little DS when he got mad at me - it was DADDY he wanted! Kids are fun.

Richard & Sharon

Glad things are improving and manageable for now. I will continue to pray for y'all.

R's Mom was very tired today due to last evening's move across town and then not sleeping well. The therapists did mental work today with her. Not sure when they will start the physical regime.

Concerns are still that she will eat a real amount of food and regain her strength.

Thank you all so much for your encouragement and concern!

Heidi

2013 Space Craft