Keeping in touch-Class of 2006

Jeff & Suzanne

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're still in the Seattle area, due to leave about July 15th heading towards the east with a stop in Illinois to visit with Jeff & Suzanne. We will have a much shorter stop in Texas this fall as our DD and SIL are moving to Lake Havasu City today!

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Hi Ya'll,

Just spent a week on the Russian River doing a little fishing and a lot of wine tasting! When it got hot drove over to Bodaga Bay for some clam chowder.

Presently sitting near the top of Donner Summit (I-80) where it's cool and comfortable. On my way to the Tetons and then Yellowstone (Fishing Bridge Jul. 25-28). After that, who knows but it's too damn hot to go back to California!

Have a great Summer!

1. Steve

2002 34' Hurricane

2001 Saturn SL2

2 tabby cats (CiCi & Leo)

• 2 weeks later...

We are on the road again! Currently in Brigham City, Utah - sign across from the sandwhich shop where we had dinner (a walk from the park) had it at 102 at 7:30 pm! I was for going through Montana, but Dave picked this route! :lol: We should see Jeff & Suzanne by next Thursday or Friday - - hopefully a little cooler when we finally get across the Rockies.

Bar

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

• 2 weeks later...

Well, we've seen Jeff & Suzanne and had a wonderful couple of days with them in their home in Homewood, Illinois (south of Chicago). Suzanne had knee replacement just a couple of weeks ago. We moved northward to Charlotte, MI at the Eaton County Fairgrounds and are now visiting with Dave & Toni Worley - Toni had her knee replaced just about a month ago! We'll get some photos up on the blog soon.

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

• 2 weeks later...

Gail and I are in North Eastern Minnesota and have been experiencing the coldest summer in our lives. The air conditioning has been on once and our electric heater has been on the other days.

But we are having a great time here as volunteers at Grand Portage National Monument. The monument was established to preserve an eight and half mile trail from the Pigeon River to Lake Superior. This portage has been in use for thousands of years: first by the Indians, than by fur traders, and now by people canoeing in the boundary waters of Northern Minnesota.

Our work schedule is 3 days a week dressed in period apparel and in one of five locations on site that would have been part of the North West Co. fur trading post in 1797. We will finish after Labor Day and head for warmer weather.

The monument just completed their annual rendezvous. This is a re-enactment of the 1797 rendezvous when the canoes arrived from Montreal with trade goods and canoes from the northwest came loaded with furs. Exchanges were made and the canoes returned to complete their 2800 mile round trip.

We will be stopping in Central Ohio for a few weeks before heading down south for th winter.

Gail n Keith

and Cocoa Puff the fuzzball

1999 Dutch Star with Cruze toad.

We made it to the Boston area and today, on his 69th birthday, Dave got to visit Beverly, MA where he was born and see the house his mother lived in while his Dad was in France/Germany, the house they lived in after his Dad came home from the war until 1947 when they moved to Tacoma, WA; the place his Dad worked, the hospital where he was born and the church where he was baptized.

Yesterday, we found the graveyard containing my 5th great grandparents and my 6th great grandparents on the Tingley side.

On Sunday we will start south towards Atlanta, visiting friends along the way, before we head towards Texas for our annual poking and prodding by the medical profession.

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

• 2 weeks later...

We made it to the Boston area and today, on his 69th birthday, Dave got to visit Beverly, MA where he was born and see the house his mother lived in while his Dad was in France/Germany, the house they lived in after his Dad came home from the war until 1947 when they moved to Tacoma, WA; the place his Dad worked, the hospital where he was born and the church where he was baptized.

Yesterday, we found the graveyard containing my 5th great grandparents and my 6th great grandparents on the Tingley side.

On Sunday we will start south towards Atlanta, visiting friends along the way, before we head towards Texas for our annual poking and prodding by the medical profession.

Barb

Hey Barb. . .we are picking up our Casita from the factory in Rice, TX on Nov. 18th. Will you still be in Texas then?

Jeff and Suzanne with Scout and Sydney, the Cocker Spaniel Sisters touring in Fawkes the 2012 Phoenix Cruiser 2400 Sprinter

"What happens in Vagueness, stays in Vagueness"

By November we hope to be in Lake Havasu City with the kids, then Mesa in Jan and Feb.

Barb

Then we'll track ya down in Mesa! What's for breakfast? :lol:B):P

Jeff and Suzanne with Scout and Sydney, the Cocker Spaniel Sisters touring in Fawkes the 2012 Phoenix Cruiser 2400 Sprinter

Yum! Can't wait!!! Does Mesa Spirit allow iddy biddy trailers in? Our other place looks down their noses at "lesser trailer trash".

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all. . .we aren't going back to fulltiming, but we are going to be doing a lot of "sometiming"! Remember "Q" in 2007 when we were the "runts of the litter" with a 30 ft Airstream among all the big rigs (yes Dave, you and Diane with your big red truck & fiver). Well, we've got that beat. . .we have bought a new 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe http://www.casitatraveltrailers.com/showroom/spirit/spirit-exterior.html . Now, that's downsizing! We will be doing a lot of "out and backs" from our stix & brix in Homewood, IL, a quiet little village a couple of miles southeast of where the Tri-State Tollway (I-294) intersects I-80 south of Chicago with easy access to the Chicago theatre district. . .just our cup of tea! There's a couple of RV parks about 30 miles west of us near Joliet if you are heading this way. . .come see us. Just give us a heads up to make sure we aren't "sometiming" in our little "egg". We are naming our Casita "Egg & Bacon" in honor of Scout, our parti-color Cocker Spaniel, who looks like a piece of fatty bacon. . .her nickname is "Bacon Bits". I'll attach some pics of her. B) :D :P

post-4927-0-10732200-1378340723_thumb.jpg

post-4927-0-09408000-1378340847_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well, we placed an order with Amazon Prime last night to replace all the RV stuff we sold or gave away when we got off the road. Note to selves: "Never say never!" This is the third time we have had to outfit an RV, twice after "getting off the road". Now, if we hit a snag, we have a stix & brix to store our RV stuff in until the next foray into the wilds!

We're back in Tyler, TX being poked, prodded, scanned, drained of blood, etc. Shadow had her's today - she hissed magnificently at the Vets today. And when he lifted her tail to check she gave him a "just what do you think you are doing" look and growl. :lol:

Can't believe we are into our 8th year fulltiming and today we celebrated our 47th Anniversary. I don't know where the time went.

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Archived