Keeping in touch-Class of 2006

Jeff & Suzanne

Charlie and Mike,

I wondered what had happened to you two. I have been trying to get e-mails to you most of the week with no success at all. They all come back to me saying that you don't exist! icon_eek.gif We arrived in Gilroy on Thursday and will be leaving March 1 for a slow drive up the coast. We had a visit today with old RV friends and will get in a bunch of family and more friends during our two weeks here. We also have doc and tax appointments scheduled, so this will be a busy time. icon_rolleyes.gif

If you get a chance, give me a cell phone call sometime Sunday.

If anyone else is in the Gilroy area, give us a shout.

All the best to everyone and safe travels all,

Gordon and Juanita

Seeing the USA in our Chevrolet
Full timing since 3/11/2006
Blog: http://www.mytripjournal.com/USAChevrolet

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

John and Maureen, we'll be in Vegas at least through the 11th as we have tickets to Spamalot on the 11th. Las Vegas Bay is one of the Lake Mead NRA sites. If it's as good as this one (Katherine Landing close to Bullhead City), it will be pretty nice. Costs are $10 w/o Golden Passport, $5 with.

We've also heard that the Roadrunner RV is inexpensive, but they don't take reservations, just call ahead to see if they have an opening. We're not sure which one we will be at just now.

Hope to see you guys - Palm Springers!?!

Jeff and Suzanne with Scout and Sydney, the Cocker Spaniel Sisters touring in Fawkes the 2012 Phoenix Cruiser 2400 Sprinter

"What happens in Vagueness, stays in Vagueness"

Hey John and Maureen---I can't believe you bought a lot in Palm Springs...Congratulations! I bet it's really nice there...We are currently a little north of Yuma at Squaw Lake Campground (we've been here for about 10 days) and will be leaving here in the morning and traveling over towards Indio for a few days. The Date Festival is going on next week and we want to visit that...I don't think it's too far from your place, so hopefully we can get together. Has John hit the "mother lode" with his metal detector? Rick hasn't used his much here, there are too many pop tops and such...We should be in Las Vegas around the same time as you, so we'll definitely get together there...Keep in touch...

ScubaDave...sorry to hear you have had tire trouble..We saw you heading down I-8 East just outside of Yuma on Friday...We waved, but you didn't see us...

Everyone have safe travels...

Is it true? Is it really, REALLY true? John & Maureen are...are now CALIFORNIANS!!!!

Hay folks, maybe we can have a reunion around Las Vegas right now. I'm in Bullhead City to see the Smothers Brothers show tonight then heading up to Vegas area. Not sure where I'll stay at, will check it out when I get there.

Steve

2002 34' Hurricane

2001 Saturn SL2

2 tabby cats (CiCi & Leo)

Hey Steve...we have been in or near Bullhead City for two weeks. Right now, we are camped at Katherine Landing Campground. Go north from Bullhead Pkwy. past the light at McCormack (I think that's the street name) up the hill for about 1/2 mile to the first left turn going toward Davis Dam. The good news...follow signs to Katherine Landing Campground...the bad news, it cost $5 to enter the fee area unless you have a Golden Age or Golden Access Pass. Call us at 817.501.4993 and we'll meet you where you are.

Rick & Carol...we will be leaving Katherine Landing this coming Saturday Feb. 24 headed for Vegas. If you get here sooner, we are in the South Campground, site C-54. Hope you can make it earlier than you had planned...if not...later down the road. icon_cool.gificon_wink.gificon_razz.gif

Jeff and Suzanne with Scout and Sydney, the Cocker Spaniel Sisters touring in Fawkes the 2012 Phoenix Cruiser 2400 Sprinter

Hi Steve.....Yes we are CALIFORNIANS now. It's funny but Hillary is making more sense now...Wonder why? Also, A mini reunion in Vegas is an excellent idea. We can be at any location the group wants to stay. Sounds like Jeff and Suzanne have a good place staked out at Las Vegas Bay...Just need Directions.

We can be somewhere near Vegas on the eighth... Just tell us where all of you are located.

Rick and Carol.... When you get to Indio give us a call and we will drive over and check out your diggs. Maybe eat some dates...

Melvis... I would think you couldn't miss out on Vegas....So see you there. It's your destiny.

Robert and Shelly.... Sorry we mised you. We drove over to the Dome looking for you but didn't find your rig. We did find Tony and Dave. They were leaving, so we stayed at Brenda for a few days. Shelly...Good luck on the assignment...Now if I could get Maureen to take one....

Best wishes to all in there new adventures...

Linda Gail and Keith:

Sure was nice to see you guys again. If that bike rack doesn't work out don't feel bad about tossing it. They do have tow bar extensions that would allow the trunk to open better but I don't know if the added expense is worth it?

Joanna convinced me to buy the membership. Easy for her, it's, or was, my money. So the free 3 nights and 4 days ended up costing 5500 bucks. Yikes!

Big John and Cajun Queen Maureen:

Congrats on your purchase and welcome to California. Can't make Vegas. Gotta be at kid's sixteenth birthday on the 1st then off to Texas for a month. Have fun.

Hope everyone else is doing great. Cuwhenicu...............mike/melvis/vogelly

My blah...blah...blah...blog

Hello All,

Contrary to rumors, we did not get swallowed up in the deserts of Quartsite. We left there on Feb 19th and came to the Fiesta RV Resort in Casa Grande. We are FINALLY getting our Internet Satellite system installed on Thursday. We did stay in another part of Quartzsite until now. We are here until next Monday. Will be exploring things from Tucson to north of Phoenix. Then we will be heading to the north east quadrant of Arizona, exploring the areas of native Americans. Then it will be off to Sante Fe and Albuquerque areas for a couple of day and then wander toward Florida for a Dealer appointment for some warranty work and an annual check up on 5 Apr.

Everyone take care and keep in touch.

Dick and Paula

icon_smile.gifJohn and Maureen.......Welcome to CA...I know that you will love the area...just not in the summer...but... we can go somewhere else for the summers...winters are great down there...Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!

Shelly...I have been trying to send you guys e-mails to your e-mail addy...not working...Mine isn't either, but if you would send me and e-mail to this addy...I could maybe get it right...(Papaz49@yahoo.com/)That's Mike's addy that I am using right now...Thanks...Glad you guys found a nice place to "hold-up" for a while and that you found a job for a...hope all is better than you expect...

Anyway all you , where ever you are and whatever you are doing...have a great day... icon_cool.gif

It is suppose to start raining and being cold here again today...We will be leaving here (Sacramento, CA) a week from tomorrow...none too soon for me...I am so ready to get back on the road...

Remember..."Life ain't always beautiful, but it's a beautiful RIDE!!!"

Charlie60

Hubby Mike

Mini-Doxie Halle

and all the rest...you all know...

Blogspot: http://mikecharlie2006.blogspot.net/

Remember: "Life ain't always beautiful, but it's a beautiful "RIDE"!!!!

Charlie60

Hubby: Mike

Mini Doxie: Halle

Vintage 1990 Prevost/Marathon: "TAD"

Toad: "Vetta" the Jetta

Class of 2006 (09/03/06)

Blogspot: http://mikecharlie2007.blogspot.com/

John - If Hillery gets to making sense for you come on up to Northern California, I'll show you a great tree you can hug!

Charlie60 - I'm working my way up to Marysville in about a week or so (after Las Vegas)...are you going up 5 or 99??? Glad to see you posting, does that mean your new VISTA system is working??????

Steve

2002 34' Hurricane

2001 Saturn SL2

2 tabby cats (CiCi & Leo)

icon_biggrin.gifSteve...NO, VISTA... is still a mystery to me...

"Geek Sqoad"... icon_confused.gifappoingment on Friday...I either have to "get it" or it (VISTA) is goin'South and my easier WindowsXP will be my familiar guide...'till then I am using Mike's e-mail addy and my old computer to keep in contact with you all...

We will be here in Sacramento at the Fair Grounds, atleast 'till next Tuesday the 27th...we will hopefully be leaving that day for the Southern Parts on our way to the Eastern Parts...We will spend our first night a the Wal Mart in Bakersfield on HWY 58...

I don't know if any of that coinsides with your plans but if it does we would love to see you... icon_cool.gif

Anyway...today is a down day for me...Mike has gone to get service done on our Jetta, "Vetta"...when he returns I think we will go up and see his mom and dad...we haven't seen them yet since we have been here...

The weather is changing today...more clouds and rain predicted by night and thru tomorrow 'till Friday morning...Cold too...snow level down to 4,000ft.

but as for me, as for right now...I think I'll go take a nap... icon_biggrin.gif

Remember: "Life ain't always beautiful, but it's a beautiful RIDE!"

Charlie60

Remember: "Life ain't always beautiful, but it's a beautiful "RIDE"!!!!

Charlie60

Hubby: Mike

Mini Doxie: Halle

Vintage 1990 Prevost/Marathon: "TAD"

Toad: "Vetta" the Jetta

Class of 2006 (09/03/06)

Blogspot: http://mikecharlie2007.blogspot.com/

Wow...a mini Q with better stuff! icon_biggrin.gif We will be staying with Suzanne's aunt at the Thousand Trails from 2/24 thru 3/5...then we'll probably move to Las Vegas Bay Campground in The Lake Mead Nat'l Rec Area, CBing (comfortable boondocking) for $5 per nite for a week or two.

Hi Guys, just a quick update. Tomorrow, 24th, we finally leave for Mexico. We didn't realize it, but our main credit card runs out this month and we won't get mail in MX(too expensive)so we have had to wait until the card company finally sent them. Anyway, we sure had fun with you all and wish you would all come down with us. If anyone has an inkling, give us a hollar and we'll give you directions to the beach icon_wink.gificon_cool.gif !!!!DAVE & TONI

Happy Trails, Dave & Toni...glad you have gotten the neccesseties of life...credit cards icon_rolleyes.gif

In other news, Suzanne & I are in Vegas at Thousand Trails on Flamingo Rd. until March 6th. Then we will head for Las Vegas Bay Nat'l Campground for some more CBing. Joe & Nancy; John & Maureen, if you guys go there, save us a place. If you stay commercial, let us know & we'll meet you at a buffet icon_biggrin.gificon_frown.gif. See ya... icon_cool.gificon_wink.gificon_razz.gif

I should imagine, after reading the posts that we are members of the class of '06 been out for a number of years but graduated to full-time until this past year, sooo... Howdy to my fellow "class

mates"

George & Sandee, Lil One & Squirt (Kommando Kitties)

"Dumbo" '97 Volvo WIA42T, 23K Single - 3.90:1, DDEC III - 330/380hsp, RTX13710B, 30K Reese

'02 KotR-R40TB, 5th Airborne Pin Box; '02 Mazda B4000 Chaser

http://community.webshots.com/user/tex78628

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.

Thomas Jefferson

Crunchy...Let me welcome you to the class of 06. There is an official web sight that you can sign up if you choose.

"full-timinggraduatingclassof2006.com" The class of 2006 is for anyone who began their new full-timing life style in 06. The more the better. So, again welcome aboard.

Jeff and Suzanne...Yes we are going to Las Vegas Bay and will see you there. We will be leaving here March 5th and should make it there in one day. So see you soon.

We are now at Valley Vista in Benson, AZ. Yup, were back down in Benson for a couple of weeks before the Life on Wheels in Tucson. We were going to do LOW last August, but a little thing called MH REPAIRS got in the way, so we rescheduled for Tucson.

Sun is out, wind in blowing and it was a little cool last night. But we have a great view of the mountains from the front window, and desert out the back for Shadow to walk on.

Crunchy - welcome to the Class of '06. Where are you now and where will you be heading. You never know when one of us will be in your area!

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Hey John & Maureen and Joe & Nancy...we drove out today to look at Las Vegas Bay Campground...long, winding way from town; sites are very close together; and, with the lake at record low level, no water in sight. So we drove to Boulder Campground (same Lake Mead Rec Area; same price); and, decided that's where we are going to stay from March 6th to March 11th. You can see the lake; albeit from a distance; good cell phone signal; and, t's close to Hwy 93/Boulder Hwy.; so, it's easier to get back into Las Vegas. Sorry to have put out wrong information; but, seeing is believing! icon_cool.gificon_wink.gificon_razz.gif

Jeff and Suzanne...Glad you found a place for Vegas. However, I looked it up in Trailer Life and the add was only for spaces of 10'X 35' and no slides. This Is Boulder Beach inside the Lake Meed Nat. Pk. I am not sure we would fit. Are we talking about the same park? If we can't get in Boulder Beach we were thinking of Sam's Town. What do you think?

M2ToGo... What are your plans for a Spot in Vegas? I think you will have difficulty with your rig, if the add is Correct. If you are not staying in Boulder Beach what park will you choose. The price at Sam's town is advertised at 12.99/night for a week stay. Do you know of a better location.

Who else is coming???

Archived