Keeping in touch-Class of 2006

Jeff & Suzanne

Diane and I are still boondocking. About 20 miles from Yuma. Marginal phone service and no internet (unless in Yuma at the Library). Could use Gordon to stop by with his sat setup. Any how we are at Tumco BLM area. We look right into the old ghost town of Tumco or Helsey. It is about 12 miles west of Yuma at the Olgiby exit and about 8 miles north up Olgiby Road. Left just past the sign for Gold Rock Village. Gold Rock Village is about a mile down the road to the right and a good place to fill with water and empty. It is an RV park but most spaces are taken with more permenant rigs. We will be here for the rest of the week at least awaiting mail. Anyone in the area can stop by, but if the big red truck is not there then we are not home.

Dave

cat called Anne May

Lifetime SKP member 93117

2021 Renegade Classic 45' DD13 with a DT12 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yo Ricky Dicky and Carol, I didn't get on line to see your message until today. Sorry. I am leaving the Yuma area tomorrow early for Slab City. I have buddies coming down from Stockton to join me there. We will be there until Wednesday about noon and then up highway 111 about 30 miles to the Salton Sea SRA for long showers and dumping. You should join us. we would have a blast. Peace-out......mike

My blah...blah...blah...blog

There's a free place to park about 5 miles outside of Yuma on the California side just north of I-8 and it's only 2 miles north of Mexico. Went there today with Dave and Toni. We had a good time. Long line to get out but it's worth it especially if you've never been there before. Very interesting.

The RV parking area is on an Indian Reservation and it's wedged between a train track and the freeway but the price is right and I felt safe there. Hope you all are doing well. Cuwhenicu................mike

My blah...blah...blah...blog

Bette and Jim...Thanks to you, we have a Class of 06; and, you will always be the Numero Uno classmates. Suzanne & I wish you both great happiness in this new endeavor...it's wonderful that such an opportunity became available when it did. We're not sure when we will be in Florida...our long range planning means we discussed it at supper the night before icon_biggrin.gif; but, when we do, we'll for sure look you up. Our best to you both. icon_cool.gificon_wink.gificon_razz.gif

Jeff and Suzanne with Scout and Sydney, the Cocker Spaniel Sisters touring in Fawkes the 2012 Phoenix Cruiser 2400 Sprinter

"What happens in Vagueness, stays in Vagueness"

Jim and Bette,

Congratulations to Jim on that fantastic opportunity. It is good to hear that someone out there really loves his work. If you can't come to us, we will come to you....eventually. There is no withdrawal from your Class of 2006 membership. icon_smile.gif As you can see from all the previous posts, you will always be members of this group. Just keep us updated on your activities and location and you might be surprised who shows up!

All the best from,

Gordon and Juanita

Seeing the USA in our Chevrolet
Full timing since 3/11/2006
Blog: http://www.mytripjournal.com/USAChevrolet

Jim&Bette,

I'll add my voice to the congratulations and to the fact that you could not get rid of your 2006 class designation no matter how hard you tried!

Hope to some visit you in a year or so. (Keep me in mind for volunteer positions sometime down the road also!!!!)

Steve Ball

2002 34' Hurricane

2001 Saturn SL2

2 tabby cats (CiCi & Leo)

Mike,

Looks like we passed each other on the road, right about Stone Cabin I'd guess!

I was going from Yuma to Quartzsite at the very same time you were going from Quartzsite to Yuma!

I'll be in "Q" until my mail gets here and then on up north to Parker.

After that who knows? 1K trails wants me to visit their campground at Cottonwood...think I'll do it.

Steve

2002 34' Hurricane

2001 Saturn SL2

Well we finally made it from "Q". AquaHot fixed and purring like a kitten. We are at the Two springs RV Resort just north of Palm Springs. What a relief to finally get to a nice place. But getting here was quite a story. As the Big Ham in a can would say "Long story, short". We didn't find an open RV park in our price range in Palm Springs...So Maureen called RV parks outside the Palm Springs area and found a nice RV park called Silent Valley RV Resort just nine miles south of Banning on Hwy. 243, Just come on down...Or should I say up... Straight up winding around this mountain to the 6000 ft. elevation, then take a road that dropped to the 3000 ft elev. in about 3/4 of a mile. My knuckles were white and the brakes were smoking, but we made it. Then it started raining and the fog rolled in and we were trapped. Stayed there three days until the sun came up this morning and left.

So, here we are at the Two Springs RV Resort for two free days. This is the park that we saw at "Q" that were selling lots for $39,500. Unfortuantly all these lots were sold and now those left were $44,900. It's not a bad price or place for someone from the northwest, but not for someone from LA.

We plan to go south towards San Diego when we leave Wed, maybe Aguanga; But not sure of the way....hopefully a smooth, flat road.

Barbara and Dave..We plan to be around Las Vagas the first week of march and leave for home the last week of march. If you are in the area give us a call and we can hook up.

Happy Trails

Hi All, we're sitting in Yuma trying to get all our crap(taxes, laundry, and such) done before we continue on to Mexico (http://www.totonakarv.com/home.html) where we'll be until the Marqueritas run dry. We think we'll leave for Nogales on Monday and stop in Tucson for a day then on to Mexico.We had a great time meeting you all and Mexico won't be the same without you with us Mike. We still need that designated driver icon_cool.gif. bye for now....DAVE<<>>TONI

Hey John & Maureen and Dave & Barb..."Long story short; we plan to be in Las Vegas, beginning Feb. 24th, and staying about two weeks. We will probably be at Roadrunner RV Park or boondocking at Las Vegas Bay in the Lake Mead Nat'l Recreation Area. We have become quite the boondockers since Q. Right now, we have water nearby and dump and dumpsters not very far away. Piece of cake!!!

icon_cool.gificon_wink.gificon_razz.gif

Jeff and Suzanne with Scout and Sydney, the Cocker Spaniel Sisters touring in Fawkes the 2012 Phoenix Cruiser 2400 Sprinter

Hehehe, I think most of have became pretty adapt at "boondocking" by now.

It may not be our first choice but it certainly is NOT the big scary monster of a thing a lot of us worried about before we started.

I, for one, am still at it! Leaving "Q" today to move up bo Lake Havisu City for some more boondocking (meeting up with some mates from Escapees Chapter One.

Might try to hook up with you folks in Vegas later on in the month.

Travel Safe

Steve

2002 34' Hurricane

2001 Saturn SL2

Actually, Suzanne & I have become quite comfortable with "comfortable" boondocking"...hereafter known as "CBing"...as opposed to "QBing"! icon_biggrin.gif Yes, I have to use the Blue Boy often for gray water; and, occasionally for black water. However, with practice, and proper hose connections, it ain't as bad as one might think. Also, "CBing" requires me to haul fresh water every two days (i.e. two 6 gal. water cans x two trips or so). OK, so there's no spa or golf course...we just have to suffer with the ever present mountains, forests and sunsets!!! Oh yes, it also cuts our monthly rent cost by 1/3 to 1/2. icon_cool.gificon_wink.gificon_razz.gif

Looks like we are going to miss people in Las Vegas - we don't get to Pahrump until the 24th of March. Oh well - we will meet sometime down the road.

John and Maureen - glad to hear you finally got the coach fixed. "White Knuckle" - not my kind of drive. icon_eek.gif Any chance you'll venture north during the summer?

Jeff & Suzanne - we're going to be in Napa and Sonoma Valleys most of the month of April. There are a lot of wineries I haven't visited yet and feel that someone needs to be there sampling wine and it might as well be me! icon_biggrin.gif Both the Napa and Sonoma Fairgrounds have RV sites, so looks like that is where we will be for a while in April before we start north along the Oregon coast and then up to Washington.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Howdy all,

Juanita and I are currently relaxing in Pismo Beach, CA, and receiving much needed injections of seafood. We will move up to Gilroy from Feb 15 to Mar 1 and then continue further north for a two month stay from Mar 15 to May 15 at the Winchester Bay RV Resort on the Oregon coast. If anyone does a drive by of any of these locations, please let us know.

Q seems to be fading into the travel background already, but we still have enjoyable memories of all our new friends found in the desert.

Safe travels all,

Gordon and Juanita

Seeing the USA in our Chevrolet
Full timing since 3/11/2006
Blog: http://www.mytripjournal.com/USAChevrolet

We left Dome Rock Friday and headed to Mesa, AZ. We are now in "Mesa Spirit RV Resort" and is wonderful! Especially after boondocking for a month ;-) We were told this was an older park but boy have they spent big money freshening it up! Friendly, 1,800 sites and loaded with stuff to do. We will likely be here or in this area till sometime in May. I can't say enough great things about this area/park so if anyone is in the area stop in!

John and Maureen - I am almost SURE we saw you leaving Brenda in your rig Friday morning!? If not, we waving like crazy to someone we don't know icon_smile.gif We stopped in Brenda to fill-up our propane at Black Rock RV Park heading for Mesa.

Diane and Dave - Was great talking to you today when you called!

Your friends,

------
Bobby & Shelly Evans
SKP #94865
Full-timing Class of 2006!
Originally from Delaware
2000 American Dream 40' DS
03 Saturn LW200

Robert & Shelly,

We will be in Mesa from March 14th through the 18th. Dave needs an infusion of Spring Training baseball. I'll drop you a note when the time gets closer and maybe we can work something out. We will be at Mesa Regal.

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

We're in Palicios, TX at the Serendipity Bay RV and Marina Resort. We'll be here until March 8th (still looking for sun) and then head West to Sierra Vista, AZ. The plan is to stay at the RV Park at Ft. Huachuca for the month of April and get some grandkids visits in. From there we'll head North. Anyone out there going to be in the vicinity. Would love to meet you all!

Sorry for the delay, having too much fun icon_smile.gif

Barb & Dave, Sounds great! We were interested in going to one of the spring training games. Would be great to see you again. Have you been to Mesa before?

Jeff & Suzanne, Yes, Shelly will be starting at Banner Baywood Monday. Hospital is only 3-4 miles away. We are heading to the Phoenix Zoo today and maybe hit the Superstition mountains tomorrow. You still boondocking?

------
Bobby & Shelly Evans
SKP #94865
Full-timing Class of 2006!
Originally from Delaware
2000 American Dream 40' DS
03 Saturn LW200

Currently at Augies RV Park in Gila Bend. Left Yuma yesterday and lost two tire on the trailer. Road service did not have the proper size for the second one, first one was the spare, so had to settle for a lighter tire and limp into Gila Bend. Tire shop here will have some of the proper size by Thursday and I do not want to go any farther down the road until I have new tread all the way around. So I am here for another week.

Dave and Diane

cat called Anne May

Lifetime SKP member 93117

2021 Renegade Classic 45' DD13 with a DT12 

Hello to all our new friends. Keith and I have been boondocking so long that we forgot how nice it is to be in a park! When you stay in a national park like Joshua Tree, you may as well be boondocking. We loved the trails and the critters and the stars and the peace and quiet there. Just now we are in Desert Hot Springs (near Palm Springs)at Catalina Spa --- it is just as nice as it sounds. Each afternoon we soak in the 90 degree pools and the sun beats down upon us icon_smile.gif

Just had a great visit with vogelly Mike. He is nearby taking advantage of one of those great deals we found under the big tent. 'Course ya have to listen to the spiel....

Next Monday we head south to San Diego for several days and then we will spend quite some time at Jojoba Hills SKP Park. Hope we run into some of you in So Cal!

We plan to be in Stockton for the Escapade. We will set up a get-together for the Class as soon as we can. Plan on Tuesday night, everyone! (I hope some class members who weren't able to make it to Q can finally get together, too.)

Gail and Kieth

Gail n Keith

and Cocoa Puff the fuzzball

1999 Dutch Star with Cruze toad.

icon_smile.gificon_frown.gificon_wink.gificon_mad.gificon_confused.gificon_confused.gif

Well to say the least I'm P***ed...I purchased a new computer with that "VISTA" thingy on it and now I can't do anything at all... icon_mad.gif

I am writing you on our old one that seems to work great...except that I can't get my E-mail on either one... icon_mad.gificon_confused.gif

I feel like I am in "Outter Mongolia" icon_eek.gif

I called for the "Geek Squad" and they were to come and help me today...I THOUGHT...but I guess the appointment was for NEXT Friday the 23rd...I'll be in the looney bin by then...so I'm gonna bag it up with all it's "stuff" and take it to "Best Buy" in the morning and get someone to help me, if I have to stay there all day!!!

We are still at Lake Menden 1,000 Trails until Monday...then we will go to "CAL-EXPO"...the California State Fairgrounds...They charge $130.00 per week...I think...full hook-ups...so that will be the last week and a day that we are here in the Sacramento Area... Hallelujah!!!

We are really ready to get on the road again... icon_biggrin.gif Got some serious "Hitch-Itch" goin' on here...

Mike has completed his retirement "rig-a-ma-roll"...we both have gotten our dental work done...We both got our eye doctor stuff done, doctor stuff too...had the grandkids over for their over-nighters in the Coach...our Taxes will be done by "D" (departation) Day (02/27/07)...

We will then head down to I-10...meeting up with Gene and Shirley in Phoenix and heading East... icon_biggrin.gif

Sounds like most of you are getting setteled in and having a great time...We are doing really good too...for the most part... icon_cool.gif

Mike Got the wood floors put in the back of the coach this last week...they look beautiful...I think we will do the living room next...it really did come out nice... icon_smile.gif

Well...I will close for now...

Remember: "Life ain't always beautiful, but it's a beautiful RIDE."

Charlie60

Hubby Mike

Mini-Doxie Halle

and all the rest...you all know...

Remember: "Life ain't always beautiful, but it's a beautiful "RIDE"!!!!

Charlie60

Hubby: Mike

Mini Doxie: Halle

Vintage 1990 Prevost/Marathon: "TAD"

Toad: "Vetta" the Jetta

Class of 2006 (09/03/06)

Blogspot: http://mikecharlie2007.blogspot.com/

Gail N Keith

Small world...We are at Palm Springs at Two Springs Rv Resort on Indian Avenue About Three Miles North of I-10. If you are still at Joshua Tree get in touch with us and come by here for Two free days Or we can drive up To JT. We haven't visited it yet.

Yes...We bought a lot. Can't believe that we were so weak and fell to the sales pitch...However the place is Beaautiful and who would believe that people from the south would wind up Palm Springers. Anyone in the area drop by for a visit... I have three free passes to give to frinds.

Suzanne and Jeff... We will leave here on the Eight and head to Vegas. If you are still in the area or know of an inexpensive camp ground

let us know. However it looks like you will be leaving as we get there. But if not, let's hook up. I think you might be in the lake Meed area.

We can do that too.

Rick and Carol....Where are you...Did Rick get gunned down in Tombstone and wind up in Boot Hill???

Archived