Wall Mount for TV

Zman65

Hi all.

My wife would like a flat screen TV on the wall in bedroom. There is spot for as far as cable outlet and power but I cant find any info on what kind or bracket I should use. The wall seems thin. Is there a particular type bracket that I should use. The TV will likely just be a 26" or so.

thx

Since there are provisions to connect a TV there than there is also likely something in the wall that was intended to attach the mounting bracket to. If you are the original owner of the RV your dealer can probably tell you where it is located. For our RV's TV I used a small TV mounting bracket that attaches to the wall and the arm assembly lifts off with the TV and we travel with them laying on the bed. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

30 minutes ago, Zman65 said:

I will see what I can find with a stud finder.

You may even want to make a modification to the wall, which is what I did. I don't have any pictures, but I got a 1"X6" oak board to match the wall and cut that to fit from floor to ceiling, then finished it and attached it to the wall where I wanted the TV, thus giving me a known, solid mounting location that looks as though it belongs there. I still take the TV down when traveling and it rides face down on our bed.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

• 1 year later...

There are several different types of TV mounts on the market, and it's important to know which one is compatible with the TV you want. Furthermore, each mount promotes its own set of benefits.

Flat wall mount — Also known as a flush TV mount, the flat wall mount is ideal for giving your RV a low-profile, minimalist appearance.
Tilt mount — Unlike flat wall mounts, tilt mounts provide you the option of tilting your TV. To increase viewing angles, several of these models can be tilted up to 20 degrees.
Articulating TV mount - Because the model can suit practically any flat surface, this sort of TV mount for RVs is by far the most popular.