Sleeper Heat/AC Controls

Sparky242

Hi All   I have a 2000 Volvo 610  last summer my sleeper blew nice cold air but on heat it still blew cold air, that was ok.  This summer it blows hot air when on cold or hot temp setting, not ok.    Don't know where to start looking or and I missing some thing simple.   Thanks Stan

2000 Volvo VNL 610

2011 Cedar Creek 36RE

Thanks for the info,  Charged it last summer, had to recharge it this week added 2 lbs   Shrader valves on the both low and high side were leaking, I thought I found the leak guess I will have to dig deeper   Thanks Stan

2000 Volvo VNL 610

2011 Cedar Creek 36RE

I think there are some older posts or maybe in the resource guide, about the coolant lines going to the sleeper that corrode and leak. You may want to check those.

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

I think I fixed my ac problem in the sleeper and thought I would pass along what I found.  My sleeper heating/cooling control is a potentiometer, so I removed it, sprayed it with electrical contact cleaner and worked it back and forth a bunch of times, put it back in and now I have cold air in the sleeper.  Hope this might help someone else down the road  

2000 Volvo VNL 610

2011 Cedar Creek 36RE