Highway 50 Colorado

Chuck

You'll be fine.  The section in the Black Canyon, just east of Montrose is a bit twisty, and beautiful.  I've followed cattle trucks through there often. 

I've taken every mile of US50 through Colorado with our rig.  In fact, I've driven, and rode motorcycles, on every mile of US50 in all the states it goes through.  It runs through our farm at the Ohio/Indiana line.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Oh Rocky, you set me up to come back with so many things, but this is a family show......

Most likely, you've run the stretch in question too.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Got baptized the other day on 139 from Rangley going south.  Drove many times on Highway 4 and 108 in Cali In the Sierras when I lived there. Any one who has driven these knows what I mean. They are seasonal pssses.  in pick up and car. 139 was similar, 15 mph switch backs and grades. The Volvo performed flawlessly. Put the tranny in manual and work it and the engine brake. Thanks for the info on 50. 

US 50 is an enjoyable drive and I never saw a Flatlander freak out in the first 100 miles. Monarch Pass fine your gear and settle in. Nothing like Colo 139

Be healthy

Clay

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

It’s an awesome ride. There will usually be elk and deer on the road between Gunnison and Sargents this time of year.

Andy 

2011 Volvo 730

2017 Spartan Toy Hauler

2021KTM 300 XC-W 

[URL=https://i.imgur.com/uWKtUjj.jpg "target=new"][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uWKtUjjl.jpg "border=0"[/IMG][/URL]

You may want to pull off at the top of Monarch Pass and take some pics.  It is nice up there.  Plenty of room for your rig in the gravel on the west side of the restaurant.  If you're going to have any trouble, it would be going down the east side of Monarch if you get stuck behind someone who is clueless about driving down a mountain pass.  Lots of tourists in CO.

Deflate any air mattress's (Sleep Number) at least a little,  before going over the top of Monarch pass. Otherwise it is a great ride.👍

2006 Volvo VNL 780, " Arvey"  Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

2010 Forest River Coachman Freedom Express 280RLS

Jackalopee

Stop at the NP, Black Canyon of the Gunnison.  Very few visitors on an annual basis. 

50 is a great drive. Monarch Pass was 17 to 23 MPH.  First gear for an HT 70 all the way to the top. Took us four days from Montrose to Canon City. Then on to Colorado Springs the next day. 

Yeah 50 Isa great drive.

Bill

Bill & Lynn Baxter

MCI102A3 Conversion, Detroit Diesel S50  

dolphins.jpgVisitedStatesMap.jpgVisitedProvincesMap.jpg