Happy Independence Day/4th of July!

StraitRVing

On behalf of the Military, Veterans, and Gold Star families BOF I would like to wish everyone a safe and Happy Independence Day/4th of July!

Best regards,

Richard "Doc" Strait, Point of Contact

Military, Veterans, and Gold Star Families BOF

Richard "Doc" Strait, USN Retired

2017 Coachmen Leprechaun 319MB

Point of Contact for the Military, Veterans, and Gold Star Families BOF

i want to say the same but I am still upset about the possibility of a bounty being offered for killing American GI's and plenty of politicians ignoring it. Among other things. So I  will just be happy that the 4th means I have a right and a duty to vote the bastards out.  So I say happy Voting duty day.  Sorry, I know this will probably get kicked out and that I may catch flak for it on here but sometimes I just can't help myself.

Jim,

I do it over on Facebook on my page not here. Look me up.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

bigjim

So do you not think providing stinger missiles to the "Freedom Fighters" in Afghanistan in the 80's to shot down MI24's was not a form of bounty on Soviet Military personnel?  The only difference is it was technology not cash being used.  I was stationed in Afghanistan at the Embassy when the Soviets invaded.  I know who we paid and what we paid them with.  The word bounty is being used for it's political value.  Afghanistan is and was not our Father's War.

Dennis

USA Master Sergeant Ret.

3 hours ago, DJW said:

bigjim

So do you not think providing stinger missiles to the "Freedom Fighters" in Afghanistan in the 80's to shot down MI24's was not a form of bounty on Soviet Military personnel?  The only difference is it was technology not cash being used.  I was stationed in Afghanistan at the Embassy when the Soviets invaded.  I know who we paid and what we paid them with.  The word bounty is being used for it's political value.  Afghanistan is and was not our Father's War.

Dennis

Don't think you are wrong.  I can not deal with what happened then only what is now. I don't like any of it. Sure it is political. What today is not political.  I tend to deal with the most obvious threat at the moment and that seems obvious to me.  That is why I prefer concealed carry over open. I was taught to take out the known threat first and I can see theirs but they can not see mine.  I did not name anyone in particular I don't believe but to me it seems obvious. I consider one of the biggest threats anyone that would do anything to subvert the vote and that seems obvious these days. Way back in Escapees history one party help protect our voting rights and since then they seem to have moved to the other side.  I may regret I ever posted what I said but sometimes I just think I have a duty even if I pay a price.

PS RV I forgot to say I don't do facebook. (from a PM)

I respect your point. for information purposes-  Marine Corps, Air Force, Air National Guard, Air Force Reserve.16 year DOD employee of Ft, Hood. Letter Carrier, FS Volunteer, COE volunteer, Nat. Park Volunteer and more. On duty yesterday, today, tomorrow at least and for free.

Poor or incompetent leadership where ever it comes from can be  very expensive or even deadly-- for what it is worth.

May of may not be interesting I graduated HS in Charlie Wilson's district of E. Tex.  I also  once had a family member that was responsible for hanging someone.   I started getting over being a big racist when I swore in 1966 and realized the black guy next to me might be needed to save my butt. I ain't over it entirely but sure have made headway. I'm still irate over what happened in Jasper Tx and now with George Floyd. I used to think I was a conservative but I guess I have been proven wrong.  I used to think I was a Christian but may be wrong about that according to many these days.

Boy am I in trouble now.  I think I better stop now and for a long time to come. Apologies to anyone I may have offended

BTW I had a pretty good working 4th and no forest fires here caused by careless humans or otherwise.

Spoke too soon, we had a minor fire controlled immediately but no determination as to cause so far. Updated 7/6/2020

Edited by bigjim

Jim,

Thanks, my number is the same as we only have cell phones these days, and we can keep our old number. Call me if ya need to rant any time.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire