Why should I wear a mask?

Kirk W

I saw this on the internet and found it too good to not share!

Let's say you woke up with a terrible cough, a fever, and severe body aches. Immediately, you rush to the doctor and unfortunately, you’re diagnosed with COVID-19. For the last two weeks, you’ve been unaware that you contracted Corona and you’ve ignored "the rules." You've gotten together with some close friends for pizza, had a few people over, even visited a park and a beach. You figured, “I don’t feel sick. I have the right to keep living my normal life. No one can tell me what to do."
With your diagnosis, you spend the next few days at home on the couch, feeling pretty crappy; but then you’re well again because you’re young, healthy and strong. Lucky you. But your best friend caught it from you during a visit to your house, and because she didn't know she was contagious, she visited her 82-year-old grandfather, who uses oxygen tanks daily to help him breathe because he has COPD and heart failure. Now, he’s dead.
Your co-worker, who has asthma, caught it too, during your little pizza get-together. Now, he’s in the ICU, and he's spread it to a few others in his family, too--but they won't know that for another couple of weeks yet.
The cashier at the restaurant where you picked up the pizza carried the virus home to his wife, who has MS, which makes her immunosuppressed. She’s not as lucky as you, so she’s admitted to the hospital because she’s having trouble breathing. She may need to be placed in a medically-induced coma and intubated; she may not get to say goodbye to her loved ones. She may die surrounded by machines, with no family at her bedside.
All because you couldn't stand the inconvenience of a mask; of staying home; of changing your familiar routines for just a little while. Because you have the right, above all others rights, to continue living your normal life and no one, I mean no one, has the right to tell you what to do.
#SocialDistancing = It’s not about YOU!
#WearAMask = It's not about YOU!
#StayHome = It's not about YOU!
#GetTested = It's not about YOU!
#MaskItOrCasket = It's not about YOU!
Copied from a friend and shared. Please do the same.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Most wood smoke particles are typically 1 micron or smaller. The SARS-CoV-2 virus is also about 1 micron in size, BUT, SARS-CoV-2 particles are primarily transported in moisture droplets that are typically 7-10 microns. As you can see, a mask that passes smoke particles could quite easily capture those droplets containing SARS-CoV-2 virus particles. The reality is that suitable fabric masks capture the majority of the droplets that we exhale even more so than when we inhale. The particle density is much higher in the immediate vicinity of our mouths and noses where the larger particles have not had time to drop out of the exhaled stream. As has been said repeatedly by the scientific and medical communities, the masks protect others in your vicinity even more than they protect you. The science is very clear on that...

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

3 hours ago, Sehc said:

But the raising death toll doesn't lie.

Of course there is a rising death toll.  And the total number will continue to rise.   Just like the rising death toll from cancer, car wrecks, and everything else.

However, the daily US death rate has been falling since the high of 2,701 on May 6th.  There were 250 Covid deaths on June 28th.  That is a VERY significant drop.

Only time will tell if there is a big increase in deaths from states opening up, social distancing failures, and anti-mask wearing behavior.

1 minute ago, GlennWest said:

Masks are very much in debate. I don't see it.

Here again onless you are in my face I see no benefit.

I do not understand anyone with this attitude. There is plenty of science to explain it to anyone willing to listen.

Here’s the Science Behind How Face Masks Prevent Coronavirus

1 minute ago, remoandiris said:

Only time will tell if there is a big increase in deaths from states opening up, social distancing failures, and anti-mask wearing behavior.

I'm sure Trump supporters will have alternate-facts explanations for any of this. It's not so much death, it's overwhelming the hospitals.

1 hour ago, hemsteadc said:

Maybe not at this moment, but it will, just like it did months ago. Where do you think this is going?

IDK where it's going, but I do know we have months of experience now.  And governors know NOT to order Covid patients BACK to senior living facilities.  There are more respirators available, too.

1 minute ago, remoandiris said:

IDK where it's going, but I do know we have months of experience now.  And governors know NOT to order Covid patients BACK to senior living facilities.  There are more respirators available, too.

So are you telling us that there is no need for everyone to wear a mask when in close proximity to strangers? 

2 minutes ago, remoandiris said:

Where did I say that?  Where did I even imply it?  

Just as many places as you saw me accuse you of it. I was asking to clarify your position. The fact is that hospitals in Houston are nearly at 100% in ICUs and here in Dallas Co. they have exceeded 70% of ICU capacity. That is getting dangerously close.