The Model Y Is Awesome!

RV_

I drove the Model Y yesterday, finally! The Model 3 was just too low for me and I was afraid the Model Y would just be a tad too low! Surprise, it seems 5 inches taller seat height when getting out. It is perfect. The seats are more rolled on the edges and more plush. And the acceleration almost got me a ticket as I showed my wife, who'd never been in a Tesla, how fast it accelerated and was going 90 in a 45 mph entrance ramp when I passed the speed trap. The trooper let me slide with no pursuit! I just did a quick autopilot demo at 75 on the Interstate 25 out of Littleton CO and she was afraid when I let go of the steering wheel. The handling and acceleration are flawless. No mechanical drama just glued to the center of my lane and super quiet. I am going to accept a June delivery. It is scary fast because of the superb handling and lack of all the mechanical noise/drama/smells and smoke other than feeling like you'd just been shot from a slingshot.

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

The Model Y will be delivered in a week or two or even sooner. I should be driving my new Tesla next week! Lynn gets the new Forester and we are selling her 2006 Baja we just sank a complete engine overhaul, ball joints, and inner tie rod ends into making it all but new as it was a Southern truck, none of the rust issues vehicles that lived here with road salt had/have.

Waiting for my VIN to get actual delivery day and finish paperwork. 

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

I own a 2019 Tesla Model X and just love the way it drives, runs and drives itself. The best vehicle I've ever own and the fastest and I have owned what i thought was some fast cars. Want to drive a Model Y and think if it is all you say and I expect it is, will own one before the end of the year. Hope so ayway.  

Stacey Frank
SKP #67438
2013 Tiffin Allegro RED 34QFA

2015 Cadillac SRX
2019 Tesla Model X

1991 Avanti Convertible

It is, and I didn't drive the performance but the long range two motor AWD with deluxe all black leather interior. Is your Avanti one of the "new" ones assembled from leftover original parts? I love the Avanti styling. I've had my 911 Targa and numerous BMW 525i and Mercedes living in Germany. Nothing compares to a Tesla with the pedal on the metal. 

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998