RV storage

Les&Elaine

Never had a problem storing. I've stored 2 states over 1000 mile from legal address and 2 states over 1300 from my summer base. In all cases the RV has been in a private storage lot or Campground.  The longest storage was 5  months.

Clay Presently stored in Illinois

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

3 minutes ago, ms60ocb said:

Never had a problem storing. I've stored 2 states over 1000 mile from legal address and 2 states over 1300 from my summer base. In all cases the RV has been in a private storage lot or Campground.  The longest storage was 5  months.

X2

2007 Dolphin

• Safe-T-Plus Steering Bar

Our Blog: Click Here

RV storage places near San Francisco are few and expensive due to the much higher land values.   The downside to Las Vegas is the hot summertime temperatures, but enclosed storage can eliminate this problem.

Google "Las Vegas Indoor RV Storage" for locations.

Edited by Lou Schneider

Check out Phoenix AZ.  There are a lot of inexpensive storage places there. Same problem as Las Vegas regarding heat in summer but I assume summer is when you will be traveling in it. The airport in Phoenix is almost as busy as Las Vegas, lots of connecting flights to and from Phoenix. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

Having lived in Scotland and traveled back to the USA i can say that it is about the same price to fly into Los Angeles as it is San Francisco and LA is closer to Las Vegas. It is also even less expensive to fly into LA from Dublin and the flights from Aberdeen or Glasgow to Dublin are pretty inexpensive. 

I know nothing about storage but as others have indicated indoor storage would seem to be the best not only because of heat but other weather hazards as well. I have been to Las Vegas in the summer (not by choice but for a wedding) and never again. I don't care how dry it is but 113F. is well beyond my comfort zone. 

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

1 minute ago, Les&Elaine said:

LA I think is too far away from the places we want to visit regularly.

You may want to leave yourself latitude to arrive and depart from different cities. Some friends of ours who live in Israel used to do things that way, storing the RV in the area they chose to depart from, then returning to the US to continue on the nest trip and so slowly worked their way around the US and Canada. 

Many years ago I was in the US Navy and spent quite a bit of time in Holy Loch, Dunoon, & Greenock. I very much enjoyed my time spent there and have hoped to one day get back as part of my family came from there 5 or 6 generations ago. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Thanks for that suggestion Kirk, that's what we're hoping to do. We'd like to store it in the same place I think for first year or so, then start leaving it in different places. Think we'd like to explore more of Southern Utah to begin with, as we love it there.  Glad you enjoyed your time in Scotland, hope you make it back here some day!

• 4 weeks later...

You might also ask your insurance agent what the cost of insurance would be, based on the zip code where the RV is stored. I moved storage this year (for a covered spot) and ended up paying more for insurance because RV is in Harris county, not Montgomery county like last year.