Coast to Coast - transport needed

My family and I (5 people) are looking to RV from DC area to Los Angeles; for a job relocation June 13-July 1 (or so). If there is anyone who needs their RV relocated or is willing to do a one-way rental we would really appreciate your consideration. We would like to bring our cat with us, so pet friendly is appreciated.

Thank you,

Sam

26 minutes ago, Jaydrvr said:

Seems obvious they're looking for a less expensive solution. Not everyone has an unlimited budget and they do offer to rent in their post. Jay

Exactly, they said that they are willing to rent one themselves so that seems like a simple and logical solution. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

1 hour ago, Jaydrvr said:

Not everyone has an unlimited budget and they do offer to rent in their post.

True, but would you let someone you have never seen before drive away in your RV for a cheap price? And are you aware that your RV insurance most likely will not pay if the RV is damaged while it is rented? Commercial insurance is much higher priced than what most of us pay, which is a significant part of the reason rental rates are as high as they are.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

4 minutes ago, Kirk W said:

True, but would you let someone you have never seen before drive away in your RV for a cheap price? And are you aware that your RV insurance most likely will not pay if the RV is damaged while it is rented? Commercial insurance is much higher priced than what most of us pay, which is a significant part of the reason rental rates are as high as they are.

I'm not interested in doing any of those things, but the OP is/was. You might address those to the OP. I was just responding and observing. My point often is that posting online is fraught with potholes and minefields. Others feel free to interpret in any way they choose and respond accordingly. It's not always a smooth and straight path. Jay

2 minutes ago, Jaydrvr said:

I'm not interested in doing any of those things, but the OP is/was.

If she returns to the forums, she can read it, the same as you. Most people who have never owned an RV do not grasp what it costs to buy one or the annual cost of keeping it, even when only used by the owners. Neither do many realize that it takes specialized & expensive insurance to cover an RV which is being rented out. A post of this type is probably looking either for a motorized RV or one that includes the tow vehicle, since there is little chance that they own something to tow a fair sized travel trailer or fifth wheel. With even used motorhomes costing in the neighborhood of $50-$75K, and travel trailers about half of that, few non RV owners really grasp the cost of owning one. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI