Fuel Nozzle Conversion for Diesel

Friz

10 hours ago, Pappy Yokum said:

A bath ?? - You're not being sarcastic, are you?

BTW - I know you're not.  Even a SMALL amount of diesel to "wear" is an unforgettable event.  You WILL -for sure- need the Clorox......."watered down" externally rather than internally, as well as in whatever (laundry tub, washer) you have available for your clothes.   Also, if you use -a public laundromat for your diesel soaked duds  - you will encounter LOTS of sarcastic comments!

Depending on amount - better to simply toss 'em, and chalk it off to "lesson learned".

A funnel has NO, NONE, ZERO -  merit at or for high flow diesel pumps !!

It took multiple pan baths to get the diesel off me, clothes N shoes went in trash bag, bag in truck-bed until I found a dumpster. I was sure glad I always travel with a full tank of water.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

On 5/25/2020 at 9:27 AM, Lou Schneider said:

How about this ... a genuine VW/Audi accessory to allow filling a standard size tank inlet from a high flow rate diesel nozzle.

https://www.amazon.com/TDI-Diesel-Fuel-Nozzle-Adapter/dp/B00696Y74O

I assume it fits the nozzle snugly enough not to leak or pop off in use.

These actually work

Used one when I had  335D - a BMW

Rich and Carol

2007 Dynamax DQ 340 XL

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/26/2020 at 10:54 PM, GreenPete said:

It does not. Note the sticker on any truck stop fuel pump. “Accurate at a flow of 30-60 gallons per minute”. Show me a funnel that can handle 30-60 gallons per minute.  

Just read your post. Agree that a funnel will not handle 30-60 gal/min. Are you telling me the slowest rate on any variable pump handle cannot be held down to accommodate a funnel? 

7 hours ago, Friz said:

Just read your post. Agree that a funnel will not handle 30-60 gal/min. Are you telling me the slowest rate on any variable pump handle cannot be held down to accommodate a funnel? 

Easy solution (answer) to/for your question:

Next time you're at a truck stop -with a diesel pickup (or diesel powered auto) - give it a try.

Hint - wear old clothes.

😁...😁

Clearly, there are some around who never have had to just "make do" with what they already have. Of course, to avoid a couple drops of diesel fuel on your expensive duds, a large truckload of cash will buy you a larger fill tube on your fuel tank, attached to a brand new truck. Problem solved! Jay

On 6/28/2020 at 8:57 AM, TexasPSDX said:

I removed the filler neck from my early Ford F250 diesel and cut out the little restriction ring.  Had no problem after that using truck pumps when towing my trailer.

I bought a 1T Ferd with a 6.9 diesel *new* in 1985.  Towed a 24 ft trlr all over the USA  with that one. (sure needed a turbo!)

Currently an '05 Ram with a CTD, since new - towing a 34' 5th.

I'm sure I missed some (or lots of) truck stops during my travels, but I never experienced a truck stop that didn't have a "normal" diesel pump for the "little guys".

BTW - I have seen the unfortunate bath recipient,  who didn't look hard enough for the standard fill pump at a truck stop!  It's not the "funnel thing" - but  more - be ready to slow the fill when your tank "tops off" - Snooze - you lose!!..☹️

• 2 weeks later...

My experience has been the normal nozzle pumps were too tight to get into with fiver behind me.  Now have motor home and always fuel at truck islands.  My EFS debit card only works  at truck pumps and I am not willing to give up the discount to fuel other side

Ron
2020 Ram Longhorn 6.7 4D SB
1989 Avion 34V

18 hours ago, TexasPSDX said:

My experience has been the normal nozzle pumps were too tight to get into with fiver behind me.  Now have motor home and always fuel at truck islands.  My EFS debit card only works  at truck pumps and I am not willing to give up the discount to fuel other side

I also have a fiver - never had that problem - but it's only a 34 ft (55 ft total w/ truck).

Also tank capacity (for the discount) is no big deal

Would guess your MH's tank capacity is considerably greater than a pickup - and the mfgr took that into consideration for the fill neck.

So - since you now have a MH - do you need an adapter (ie: the funnel) or modification  to the MH's fill pipe to use the truck islands?   Or is that a moot issue for you?