m2 106 air leaks

hemsteadc

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, hemsteadc said:

One other nagging problem, the cab air bags are still deflating with the general drop is pressure over 24 hours.  None of the other bags do that.  Anyone know why?

I'm trying to get an answer from Sportchassis but so far it's difficult.

Now we can narrow a smaller leak down. It's either upstream of the cab leveling valve, downstream, or the valve itself. Were it my truck, I'd remove the air line from the input to the leveling valve, and cap it. Pressurize the system and monitor. Gauge still drops, you have a leak upstream. Gauge holds? Reconnect the input, and cap the output. Pressurize, monitor. This will test the leveling valve, itself. If it passes, then the leak has to be somewhere on the bags. 

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

I betting you have an cab air leak or bad connection. I had a bad cab air bag leak when the truck was 4 years old. Freightliner dealer service dept couldn't fine it. The compressor would run every 5-7 minutes. ( That isn't the only problem I had with that dealer). Stopped the I don't remember the tank leak off time but it was only a hour or so . That is when I bought my Whisper device ,cheap insurance

Clay    M2-106 Sport Chassis

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

Thanks.   How many mechanics does it take to find air leaks on a Freightliner chassis?  All of them, but nobody can fix them.

According to SC, Freightliner's spec on acceptable air loss is total loss in 6 hours.  I don't know, that seems excessive.

Edited by hemsteadc