Anyone changed prescriptions from Express Scripts to Walmart?

On 5/7/2020 at 7:37 PM, remoandiris said:

If so, was it a PITA or easy to do?  I've used Express Scripts for years with few problems until now.  Express has shortages of certain meds and the delivery delays are impacting my travel plans.  So I'm looking at making a change.

Clarification please;   Express-Scripts is the pharmacy end of TRICARE for retired military and DOD employees. It is managed by Humana currently. Is this to what you are referring?

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Express Scripts was acquired by CIGNA in 2018 and manages scripts for more than TRICARE...

https://www.express-scripts.com/

https://www.express-scripts.com/corporate/about/timeline

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

17 hours ago, Ray,IN said:

Express-Scripts is the pharmacy end of TRICARE for retired military and DOD employees.

Just an FYI. While Express Scripts does do home delivery of prescriptions for Tricare they are not just for Tricare. My son is in the IBEW (electrician union) and they use Express Scripts and I am sure there are a large number of other plans that do as well.

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

OK, I learned something today, What I posted was the limit of my knowledge about Express-Scripts; Question asked and answered.

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

On 5/8/2020 at 10:29 AM, 2gypsies said:

Why would pharmacies have shortages?.........

I pay for my prescriptions out of pocket.  I got my Dr. to write a prescription and have me fill the year order at one time.

The prescriptions are all fairly common, nothing exceptional.

Costco filled the initial prescription as a 90 day supply and I pointed out tot them I wanted the ENTIRE years supply NOW.  

The asked me to give them a weeks notice so they could fill my prescription.  The “just in case” business model for filling prescriptions upset the apple cart!!!

So yes....shortages are pretty common.  I am good till December!

BTW...this was THREE years before the current situation.

Edited by Vladimir

Vladimr Steblina

Retired Forester...exploring the public lands.

usbackroads.blogspot.com

3 hours ago, Vladimir said:

I pay for my prescriptions out of pocket.  I got my Dr. to write a prescription and have me fill the year order at one time.

The prescriptions are all fairly common, nothing exceptional.

Costco filled the initial prescription as a 90 day supply and I pointed out tot them I wanted the ENTIRE years supply NOW.  

The asked me to give them a weeks notice so they could fill my prescription.  The “just in case” business model for filling prescriptions upset the apple cart!!!

So yes....shortages are pretty common.  I am good till December!

BTW...this was THREE years before the current situation.

One Walmart filled a 30 day Rx with three pills and told me to come back in three days for the rest of them. Problem--we wouldn't be there three days later. So we had the next Walmart down the road fill it instead.

Recently, our CVS filled a 30 day prescription for 90 days. Problem--that medicine has to be refrigerated if more than 28 days which leads to an out of sight out of mind problem plus it put us in the donut hole early making all prescriptions more expensive. So we refused to accept it and had them back off to just 30 days as requested.

"Some kind of help is the kind of help we all can do without." 

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van