Not volunteering campground

63belv

Is anyone thinking of not volunteering this year if the Parks open? We are  scheduled to be in the National Forest next to Yellowstone but I do question people from all around the country if they come. There is no way they can control social distancing in the park they couldn't control people before. The park says they will have to clean more but they didn't have enough staff to clean before. Hate not to go the site we have is fantastic and Montana is a great place to spend a summer. Well just wondered what other volunteers are thinking.

I had 3 different locations in National Parks set up for this summer. All 3 have canceled on me. I am a full timer without a physical residence so now I am scrambling to find a camp ground to stay in for the summer. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

• 2 weeks later...

We are scheduled in CO SP for 3 months, just waiting for opening.  Possibly they will be letting the hosts arrive before CG is open, not too sure yet.  But then CO just extended the opening date to 'indefinite.'  So, don't know where we'll go when space rent is up late May.  If we do get to host, not really worried about risks--made it so far and been working at "essential job" that doesn't allow for 'social distancing'

On 4/28/2020 at 6:04 PM, 63belv said:

Is anyone thinking of not volunteering this year if the Parks open? We are  scheduled to be in the National Forest next to Yellowstone but I do question people from all around the country if they come. There is no way they can control social distancing in the park they couldn't control people before. The park says they will have to clean more but they didn't have enough staff to clean before. Hate not to go the site we have is fantastic and Montana is a great place to spend a summer. Well just wondered what other volunteers are thinking.

I usually limit my assignment duties in the area of rule enforcement and housekeeping.   I am waiting to hear if my paid position will happen near Glacier that is office registration.   I guess it would depend on what backup you have if things get overwhelming.