Where Are You Now?

Twotoes

With things the way there are now, most National Parks and State Parks closed, and many Private Camp Grounds either closed, not allowing newcomers to enter or only 30 day stays allowed, it is getting much more difficult for full timers who have no physical home to go back to, to find a place to park. I had a volunteer position in 3 National Parks over the summer that have all canceled and now am looking for somewhere to stay. I will be heading to the Escapees Camp Ground in Hollister MO near Branson for the next month or two. Where are all you other full timers going?

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

Waiting in Mission, TX until we can travel again.  Sure wish it was not so hot....100 degF, 102 DegF and 100 degF the past few days.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

North Florida. Private cg are open here and taking people and so is GA so far as I know plus their state parks are open. WY, NE, SD and ND never imposed lockdowns in the first place. AZ parks are open but look like they are full.  Don't assume the extreme examples of some governors apply to the whole country. Do some checking.

Finally left Quartzsite this morning. I’m going to spend the rest of the month in relative luxury (full hookups) in even hotter Yuma before heading up to the Arizona mountains May 1st. Never expected to stay in Arizona this long - I’m supposed to be in California and getting ready to head to the northern mid-west states.

I must say, this first 6 months of full-timing has been full of unexpected turns and tribulations! 

my van conversion will be finished by June 15th (two months late). my plans as to where to go first have certainly changed, now I have no clue where to go first. boon docking will be a challenge. I'm set up to stay out 2 weeks before needing food or water. might stick with New Mexico first but higher elevation.

13 hours ago, agesilaus said:

Don't assume the extreme examples of some governors apply to the whole country. Do some checking.

^^ This right here!

Currently workamping in western Colorado.  Left Louisiana 3 weeks ago.  Had zero issues finding commercial or city RV parks open for business during the drive.

My wife and I are hunkered down here in Wellton, AZ.   Being 'high-risk', we have decided to just stay in place for the Summer.   We have Full-hookups, are taking mitigating steps for the Summer heat, and have a "plan 'B' " if it gets to be too hot!   Gonna be interesting.

2007 Dolphin

• Safe-T-Plus Steering Bar

Our Blog: Click Here

3 hours ago, Jim & Alice said:

My wife and I are hunkered down here in Wellton, AZ.   Being 'high-risk', we have decided to just stay in place for the Summer.   We have Full-hookups, are taking mitigating steps for the Summer heat, and have a "plan 'B' " if it gets to be too hot!   Gonna be interesting.

Good luck with it.  This week should be telling - Yuma is supposed to be 100+ for the next week, cooling off some the following weekend.  You’ll get a taste of the summer heat about now and will find out if you need to change your plans. Some people do better in the heat than others.

8 hours ago, fpmtngal said:

Good luck with it.  This week should be telling - Yuma is supposed to be 100+ for the next week, cooling off some the following weekend.  You’ll get a taste of the summer heat about now and will find out if you need to change your plans. Some people do better in the heat than others.

Thanks for the 'Good Luck'.   Today actually went well enough.   My wife is a texas gal... and our first 5 years of marriage (47 years now) we lived in Louisiana.   Temps AND humidity in the 90's - 100 range!   

In this instance, we will take measures to keep cool... and we've just decided to purchase an RV Carport cover for protection from the Sun.   And if all this doesn't work for us... COVID-19 permitting... we will go rent a motel suite somewhere close to family, and enjoy what's left of the Summer - staying cool courtesy of the motel! 

2007 Dolphin

• Safe-T-Plus Steering Bar

Our Blog: Click Here

We are in Carthage, MO. Big Red Barn RV park. They have three or four spots for travelers the rest are workers. There is a lot of shade trees. We will be here two weeks.

Last week we were in Junction City, KS. and stayed for one week.

event.png

Glyn (KL0PG) & Diane Carson
2002 I-H 4400 Papa's Dream (Mama's Nightmare)
2015 Space Craft V400
Furkid Max

email: dlcarsonak@hotmail.com

4 hours ago, dlcarsonak said:

Last week we were in Junction City, KS. and stayed for one week.

Where did you stay in JC? My parents lived there for 40 years, after they left the farm where i grew up about 25 miles east. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

We are hiding at the end of a gravel lane in Montana. We have been here a month so far. We have had snow and 17 degrees once. But we have seen 68 degrees also.

Sunny today. So may work in the garden some. Also have been out fishing once. More of that next week for sure. Planning some back country trips into the mountains this summer. That will be with our van. 

So this situation has required me to retire.  Yep I did it.   With being at the end of a gravel road and no customers knowing where we are at.

I can go outside and know not one customer is going to be knocking on my door. Or stand there waiting for me to stop my project to go help them. 

As long as we all can get over this situation we find our selves in, we will travel again.

Safe Travels,   Vern

Edited by Wrknrvr

I'm in Los Indios, TX near Brownsville, right by the MX border. I'll stay here one more month as the RV park owners have allowed everyone who wintered over with them to stay next month for free due to the virus. It goes without saying we must pay for the electricity we use. It's not like it is expensive here anyway, at only $190 for a 1 month stay. Still it's a nice sentiment. They charge $180/mo if you stay from 2-4 months and $170 for a 5 month stay. If you stay for 6, like we did, (not by choice as our reservations in LA and NC were cancelled) it's only $160/mo. We'll be staying for 7, so it will average only $137/mo.. Not bad for a 50a FHU site in a nice, friendly park. You can't beat that with a stick. The weather was perfect down here this winter - warm with very little rain. I don't think I put a jacket on once. Of course it's topping out near 100 degrees now. Time to move on if the virus would let us. Like John Muir said, "The mountains are calling and I must go!"  

Edited by sushidog

I am a full timer and was going to volunteer in 3 different National Parks this summer so I had no reservations anywhere. All 3 have canceled on me. I left FL at the end of March and spent most of April in GA. Left GA 3 days ago and am now at the Escapees RV campground in Hollister MO. Will be here for May and maybe June. Trying to get to Omaha NE to be near my son and grandkids but all State parks in NE are closed and all private parks are full. I have self quarantined for most of March and all of April. Will be practicing social distancing here in MO too. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

We spent last year out west (PNW, CA, winter in NM) but came east in February for our medical appointments and to pick up a new RV. The week after we moved into the new rig - and a week before we planned to start rolling up the east coast toward grandkids - our destinations started calling to cancel. We were fortunate to grab a nice spot with big shade trees on the east and west sides of our space here in Augusta, GA. This would not have been possible had the Masters golf tournament not been postponed. The parks in the area are in the practice of kicking everyone out during the Masters and tripling the rates. This year, they're happy to have those of us who need a place to hunker down.

Rob

2012 F350 CC LB DRW 6.7
2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
Full-time since 8/2015

StatesVisited20210913_small.jpg