Dish Network TV/Internet Bundle for a RV

Has anyone ever used Dish Network TV / Internet bundle for their RV?  Does anyone know how that works?  Have not called Dish yet, but looking at their web site, it does not give much information about it.  We do have an old dish base on the roof now, no head, and was hoping something could be replaced and use the existing cables.  Does anyone know of someone near Foley, AL who does Dish for rv's?  We are staying on private property at the Rainbow Plantation.

We presently have a Broadband connection through a tablet with Verizon, but the service signal is extremely poor here in south AL.  Cell service is almost as bad.  Some calls don't even ring in, just go straight to voice mail.  We can not hardly do Skype or even the new Zoom without getting interrupted.

Thanks for all suggestions and help.

2008 Tiffin

Allegro Bus 43 QRP
2006 Honda CR-V

I think Dish internet is only for residential and not mobil. If you are at Rainbow Plantation check with the office for a referral to a independent Dish representative , and/or any other internet providers who may often come to the camp ground there.

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

Dish and Internet is only for stationary installations.  You might look at Hughes, but it is pricey.

Streaming is not an option for us as we are often in areas with poor to no cell service.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

Dish satellite Internet is a rebranded HughesNet Gen5 service and is not suited to mobile use. There are satellite Internet companies that do offer a mobile version of the Hughes service. I think Zulu has or had one of them and hopefully will jump in with more detail.

On edit: I found the link to Tom's satellite Internet write-up. There are links at the end to the two available services...

https://rvseniormoments.com/tech-docs/satellite-internet-for-rvers/

Edited by Dutch_12078

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

1 hour ago, Dutch_12078 said:

Dish satellite Internet is a rebranded HughesNet Gen5 service and is not suited to mobile use. There are satellite Internet companies that do offer a mobile version of the Hughes service. I think Zulu has or had one of them and hopefully will jump in with more detail.

Yep, I have a manual (ie, "portable") HughesNet Gen5 system.

Since Starlink is "right around the corner" (so to speak), I'd postpone investing in a satellite Internet system until we see what Starlink is like when it (hopefully) rolls out this year or next.

If you can't wait, I'd look into other cell data plans like AT&T. Check out the MIRC website. They're the best and the cost of membership is well worth it.

If you still can't wait, then a HughesNet Gen5 system should be your last option because (1) the equipment is expensive, (2) the data plans are expensive, and (3) you're locked into a 2-year contract.

The portable HughesNet Gen5 system equipment like mine costs about $2K and data plans range from 2 GB/month ($39.99/month) to 300 GB/month ($589.99/month):

hughesgen5pricing2x.jpg

Finally, there are now automatic rooftop HughesNet Gen5 systems available from Oregon RV Satellite Systems from $4,990 to $6,395. Actually a great price for an automatic Ka-band system, but probably a lot more than you're willing to spend.

Good luck.

SKP #79313 / Full-Timing / 2001 National RV Sea View / 2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs