Jon Short's Project

phoenix2013

I was looking more closely at Jon's pictures and spotted something "familiar" 😀

Nu9rMO9l.jpg

I remembered sending Jon a frame extension and ET installation guide, seem like he "followed it". It's available to anyone who asks, in the meantime I though it might be of interest to those following this thread. Enjoy 🤔

wIE46V4l.jpg

v2MPUHll.jpg

qOShzinl.jpg

Baxu3qMl.jpg

RaJlUBll.jpg

hNhHSIvl.jpg

U5AKzgTl.jpg

Edited by phoenix2013

On 4/17/2020 at 10:40 AM, Brad & Jacolyn said:

Looking real good.

On 4/21/2020 at 11:54 PM, JPL said:

Great looking bed. Fine looking truck. When do you plan on your first trip?   Pat

The Old Sailor

Thank you!  I am on my first long trip now.  Currently in Custer,SD. I’ll send a few pics in a day or two.

I see the glad hands are turned 90 degree from standard.  I would guess some folks do that thinking it keeps road debris out.  There are simple blanking bits available to accomplish this, plus they keep out insects which like to enter and build nests.  Get the blanks and use them, please.  You don't don't want to experience the grief of bead bugs in your plumbing.

Another reason for having the connections vertical is so you see the rubber do-nut while hooking up.  They deteriorate and can get a wrinkle in them, allowing leaks.  Keep spares handy.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Primary reason to mount the glad hands this way is to keep out standing water deposited by rain out of the lines. Bugs and mud dauber wasps are another issue. Temporary piece of tape works, pair of spare glad hands with the air inputs plugged works, or a fancier (red and blues) pair of these works.

44YmAZzl.jpg

6 hours ago, rickeieio said:

I see the glad hands are turned 90 degree from standard.  I would guess some folks do that thinking it keeps road debris out.  There are simple blanking bits available to accomplish this, plus they keep out insects which like to enter and build nests.  Get the blanks and use them, please.  You don't don't want to experience the grief of bead bugs in your plumbing.

Another reason for having the connections vertical is so you see the rubber do-nut while hooking up.  They deteriorate and can get a wrinkle in them, allowing leaks.  Keep spares handy.

I agree. I like the blank covers.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

On February 6, 2020 I was able to pick up the truck from the bed fabricators.  I was very pleased with how they made everything come together. Now we were off to the last step. The fabricator (Calvarese), told me about another young man just down the road who wires race cars in the off-season, when he is not racing.   After a quick call, the truck was headed to see Brad Plourd. Brad took on the job of wiring all the lights on the new bed as well as installing the Jackalopee, a 30amp generator plug from truck headboard to tailboard, air lines to the glad hands on the tailboard, rear light bar, installing the brake controller, and making a nice harness for everything. I hate wiring, almost as bad as painting, so I was very thankful for the work Brad did!  We decided to use rubber air hose from the truck protection valve to the glad-hands on the tailboard and they worked great.

Every person that worked on the truck is top notch in their field, as well as good people to deal with. I was thankful for every one of them and would use the same people if I ever did this again. I am sure I have left off some details.  As I have stated before, I am very thankful for all the help I received before and during my build. I will be happy to answer or talk through any questions.

RC8C7Url.jpg

5YDOLxbl.jpg

4iU1hbOl.jpg

lmiqn4xl.jpg

NN5Fvb9l.jpg

f4pIvEYl.jpg

q9faicdl.jpg

GkLRz2cl.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...