Trouble crossing State borders?

8 hours ago, Twotoes said:

Correct, as I stated in my post, for health concerns or national security the President, Governor of a State, Mayor or City Council can impose restrictions. But only the President or Governor can impose Martial Law.

But your incorrect that the freedom of travel afforfed as a liberty in the us constitution can only be preempted by declaration of martial law ....which was the point of my comment.....

2 hours ago, whj469 said:

Did you need the Supreme Court to tell you that?

.... apparently some didn't grasp the reference to constitutional law so  yes that would be the court that upheld the state's rights to close their borders ...

I'm reading the comments about travel cross state lines. Thanks for the info, I'm traveling from New Mexico to Wisconsin first part of May. Things may be different by then. I had planned to boondock most nights just to cook supper sleep make coffee in morning and move on .  I would only stop to take on fuel . I planned I could  get into a park for occasional overnight to reset and dump tanks. Looks like I'd  have a difficult time finding parks open for overnight?  

Next question is where do I find info on R V dumps along the way I've found several free dumps  in N M by chance. 

George the farmer

Our daughter lives outside of Houston and last week their neighbor had to make an emergency trip back to Louisiana.  They reside in Texas and have Texas tags.  On the way back from Louisiana, they had to stop at the border and since they had been in Louisiana, the troopers took down their drivers license information and they were told to self quarantine at home and they were subject to checks from the local authorities that they were complying and subject to fines and jail time if they did not.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

Starting today, Utah is"asking" travelers entering their state to fill out a Covid-19 declaration.  An EAS text similar to an Amber alert will be sent to cellphones via geofencing along highways entering the state and at airports, telling travelers to go to a state website and fill out the questionaire. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/suzannerowankelleher/2020/04/09/utah-asking-travelers-to-fill-out-covid-19-declaration/#14ea5d774df9

Edited by Lou Schneider

I just traveled to Florida from Texas on  Wednesday. I saw on line they were checking and having you do a 14 day quarantine In Florida. I didn’t see any checkpoint Although I wasn’t on I 10 by that time. Leaving Texas there was a checkpoint on I 10 for people entering. I plan on going back to Texas on Saturday. I’m set up at a park in the San Antonio area for the time being and plan on being there for awhile. So even if I’ve got to do a quarantine that’s fine. 

USAF Retired

2020 Cedar Creek Silverback 33IK, 2019 Chevy 2500

SKP# 159285