TSD Fuel Program

Is it really a savings?  A Pilot by me is $2.79 and the Costco is $2.19. That’s $.60 per gallon. I do not have a HDT, just a 35 gallon tank on my Ram. And I only travel less then a tankful at a time. So I can go to a normal gas station with ease. I travel or I should say did travel about 7,000 miles a year. So for me, I do not think I would really benefit from it.

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

52 minutes ago, Twotoes said:

I was denied my first two attempts and then found out that my PIN code is not used at the pump as my control number. You must enter the first four digits of your Social Security number at the pump. The PIN number is only used to sign onto the web site. 

Yup ...could be simple user error...that's why I asked whj469 for their feedback and if tsd was able to assist them 

5 minutes ago, rynosback said:

Is it really a savings?  A Pilot by me is $2.79 and the Costco is $2.19. That’s $.60 per gallon. I do not have a HDT, just a 35 gallon tank on my Ram. And I only travel less then a tankful at a time. So I can go to a normal gas station with ease. I travel or I should say did travel about 7,000 miles a year. So for me, I do not think I would really benefit from it.

Yes....It costs nothing to sign up and get the efs card. You can check for yourself if there's a savings in the area you're in or going to..if not then don't use it..just another option in your wallet 

6 hours ago, RayJay said:

I believe it is the LAST 4 digits of your SSN. The PIN is only used for the APP.

Yep. Sorry I misspoke. It is the last 4 numbers. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

I just got mine in the mail today.  I look forward to being able to try it out.

From the paperwork that came with the card:

Control Number - Your control number is the last 4 of your SS#.  You will be required to enter this when fueling at the pump.

Setting PIN Number on Fuel Card - To set PIN number on your EFS card follow the following step.  The PIN number allows you to access the EFS phone app (this does not change the control number).  Call 888-824-7378
 1. Press option 3
 2. Enter the card number (big bold numbers) then hit #
 3. Enter PIN number which is last four of the card number then hit #
 4. Then ask to change your pin and enter the last four of social (or any 4 numbers) then hit #
5. It will then repeat the PIN change back to you for verification and then press 1

On edit:  I just checked the Pilot Truck stop closest to my home.  The retail price is currently listed as $3.289 per gal for diesel (I'm in CA).  The TSD EFS card price is $2.093 per gal for a savings of $1.196 per gal.  Once TSD takes their 10% ($0.1196) that is a cost of $2.2126 per gal for me and still a savings of approximately $1.076 per gallon off the posted price.  I'll take that all day long.

Edited by Chad Heiser

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

10 hours ago, Jim1521 said:

My TSD price is $1.716.

The TSD card is only good at truck stops, correct? Is there a way to know if it is accepted before you pull into the station or to the pump?

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

40 minutes ago, Kirk W said:

The TSD card is only good at truck stops, correct? Is there a way to know if it is accepted before you pull into the station or to the pump?

Yes, the TSD app shows locations that accept the card and the current discounted price on your route. We have used it for several months and have saved a lot!

Vicki

Vicki, Mark and Sadie 

Fulltime and having fun!

2016 Newmar Ventana LE 

2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 

Yes the app will allow you to search an area and it will display locations that accept the EFS card as well as the current price. Some locations are discounted, some have more discount that others, and some have no discounts. Its all variable by the locations, it seems the larger discounts are most plentiful at Loves

As these locations are truck stops, when you combine the discounted savings along with the convenience of a location that is usually right off the interstate, easy on easy off, big rig friendly and generally have other services, stores, food, showers, etc if needed it makes it a great package deal when logging miles.

Of course if you want to search the area with another app like gas buddy to see if you can find a better deal its up to you, treat the EFS card as another option in your wallet and make the decision that best fits your needs

Edited by palmeris

Applied for the card on Tuesday and received it today (6 days later).  Checked fuel prices at the nearest Loves in Ripon CA and it is $3.33 gal.  The discounted price is $2.02.  I should be saving around $1.11 after they take their 10%.  Now I have to wonder if the fuel prices are going to go any lower or should I fill the truck now...…………...

"It is better to have more truck than you need than to need more truck than you have"

2001 Volvo 660, Cummins 400 ISX, Eaton 3 Peddle Auto Shift    
2014 Fuzion 40' Toyhauler
2015 Smart Car                                                                                                                                                                          

On 4/15/2020 at 7:45 AM, Kirk W said:

Loves, TA/Petro, Ambest, Road Ranger and Sapp Brothers are the locations listed at TSD.  Daily (by firm) TSD publishes the discounts by state and city.  

2020 Dutch Star 4328, 2018 Grand Cherokee, Ready Brute Elite Towbar 

Howdy All,

Got my card today, filled out the form online three days ago.  Working with the phone app the nearest place to me that has the discount is about 70 miles away, however it is on the way to the shop that is working on my trailer slide. So the plan is to fill up after I pickup the trailer and on the way home, according to the app I should save around a buck a gallon compared to posted pump price.  The nice thing about the Pete is I can carry 250 gallons so if I can find fuel within a reasonable distance from my planned route I'll just make it a point to fuel every 1,000 miles or so that way I should be able to maximize savings even if I have to alter the route a few miles, I think this will work well for me.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

On the TSD Facebook group today someone posted that they got fuel for $1.36 when the posted price was $2.74.  I've got rewards credit cards and the Good Sam card but nothing can touch the TSD discount.

2018 Keystone Cougar

2016 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 DRW D/A

On 4/13/2020 at 1:18 PM, palmeris said:

Yes....It costs nothing to sign up and get the efs card. You can check for yourself if there's a savings in the area you're in or going to..if not then don't use it..just another option in your wallet 

Does the app show you the discounted price? The. You just add the 10% fee to that price? 

The EFS app will show you all the locations on your route that accept the TSD card and the discounted price. Not sure if the 10% fee is factored in or just the price per gallon but the fee is very small so it doesn’t really factor in when comparing prices at other stations. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

Has anyone fueled in Oregon the last few days?  I see on their facebook page they cannot guarantee the discounted price until they get the tax issue sorted out.  I was thinking of going up that way in a couple days and it shows Loves in Medford at $1.09 a gallon, but wondering if that is the correct discounted price.

"It is better to have more truck than you need than to need more truck than you have"

2001 Volvo 660, Cummins 400 ISX, Eaton 3 Peddle Auto Shift    
2014 Fuzion 40' Toyhauler
2015 Smart Car                                                                                                                                                                          

2 hours ago, dennisvr said:

Has anyone fueled in Oregon the last few days?  I see on their facebook page they cannot guarantee the discounted price until they get the tax issue sorted out.  I was thinking of going up that way in a couple days and it shows Loves in Medford at $1.09 a gallon, but wondering if that is the correct discounted price.

Can you post a screen shot of the map showing that? I have tried to find a video that shows how to use the app so I can understand what and how it views it. The app at the Apple store has bad reviews. But if $1.09 is really the price, that is a GREAT price. As $2.29 is the lowest price I see on Gas Buddy.

https://www.m109riders.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=388222&d=1588100637

Edited by rynosback

8 minutes ago, DesertMiner said:

This is the current price at a TA Travel Plaza outside Medford OR.  

What is the current  price? I do not have the app or service. I’m looking into it as I no end in sight to stop full timing. This is why I posted a screen shot at that moment from gas buddy. I asked for a current screen shot to compare the maps.

Edited by rynosback