I really wished we had STAYED in Arizona...........

mr. cob

Howdy All,

I sincerely hope this virus thing isn't as serious as our leaders ( I use that word loosely, very loosely. ) say it is.  We were in the relative safety of the Arizona desert and only came back to the gloom of the Nor-Wet because of family problems that we had to deal with but can't because of the lock down.  Our governor here in the PRoW, ( Peoples Republik of Washington ) has just decreed that we are all prisoners in our homes until May 4th at the earliest.  I honestly don't know what to believe anymore. The government and the media have been lying to us for so long I can't trust anything they say be they democrat, republican, cnn or fox.  This is NOT a political post, it is a post decrying a complete lack of faith in our institutions and honest fear that we are about to lose more of our freedom. 

We are very lucky, we have saved, we are retired, we don't owe anyone for anything, as long as the government printing press is still working and they continue the direct deposits we will do OK.  That said what in the heck are most of the people in this country going to do when they finally get back to work "IF" their job still exists and they have lost everything and are up to their eyeballs in debt.  If this thing is real and these encroaches on our freedoms result in the saving of lives I guess it's a good thing, if it turns out to be another lie and a power grab as was done after 9-11 I sure hope those responsible are held to account and justice is served.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Not everyone is lying to us.  One of the secrets of life is the ability to recognize the truth when you hear it or see it.  Although, I am a skeptic at heart, I am a lot less skeptical of what scientists say as compared to others.

2005 Winnebago Voyage 38J

It got very real this week for me.  I have 8 coworkers who have tested positive and one of them passed away as a result.  My line of work dictates we can’t shutdown, so we continue on (albeit with some major modifications to how we are doing things).  I hope things clear up soon, but I’m not sure what things will look like when they do.  I am lucky in that I know my job isn’t going away as a result of all the shutdowns,  but I feel for those that don’t have that security.

Edited by Chad Heiser

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

4 hours ago, Chad Heiser said:

It got very real this week for me.  I have 8 coworkers who have tested positive and one of them passed away as a result.  My line of work dictates we can’t shutdown, so we continue on (albeit with some major modifications to how we are doing things).  I hope things clear up soon, but I’m not sure what things will look like when they do.  I am luck in that I know my job isn’t going away as a result of all the shutdowns,  but I feel for those that don’t have that security.

Hi Chad,

So sorry to hear about one of your co-workers.

Be safe,
Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

5 hours ago, Chad Heiser said:

It got very real this week for me.  I have 8 coworkers who have tested positive and one of them passed away as a result.  My line of work dictates we can’t shutdown, so we continue on (albeit with some major modifications to how we are doing things).  I hope things clear up soon, but I’m not sure what things will look like when they do.  I am luck in that I know my job isn’t going away as a result of all the shutdowns,  but I feel for those that don’t have that security.

Thank you for what you do, Chad.  Stay safe!

Marcel

Sorry to hear about your co-worker Chad. Do everything you can to stay safe. We appreciate what you do every day. It is a hard job.

Brad

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.

5 hours ago, Chad Heiser said:

Sorry to hear about your co-worker.

I have a question for you, and it IS meant with all due respect. Without disclosing identity etc. of your co-worker, how old and what if any underlying conditions did he or she have? Again, I only ask this for what many feel is pertinent to the information out there about the nature of this emergency.

I'm a work'n on it.

Chad,
Sorry for the loss of your co-worker! Also, thank you and all first responder's world wide for their heroic efforts through some very trying times.

Dave,  IT IS REAL! Comment's like yours above make no sense to me and if they put doubt in the minds of people you are part of the problem not a solution. Think about editing your post PEOPLE ARE DYING and that's not a lie.

Dave,

Glad you posted what you did.  While I do agree with other posters that this is real so was the Swine Flu and the Bird Flu, and several other bad strains of Flu.  People died from them also, it's a fact of life that when these bad strains show up, people are going to die.  That said, I agree that we are constantly being lied to by ALL of the politicians and almost ALL of the news media.  Case in point, 3 different news programs reported 3 different numbers of cases of this flu in a Whidbey Island, WA Nursing Home.  In actuality NONE of them were right, THEY HAD ALL OVERSTATED THE NUMBER BY ROUGHLY 20%.  I know this for a fact as a good friend works there.  In my opinion, and those of a lot of folks I know, we the people need to wake the heck up and hold both the news media and our elected officials accountable.

I'll stop there as I do not want to get banned from this sight.  Just my .02

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Howdy All,

First off my post was NOT to spread disinformation, the politicians and the media are expert at that. Chad, I am truly sorry that one of your co-workers has died from this crude and I fear for your safety whilst doing your job.

Second I AM concerned that this could morph into another excuse for the government to curtail our freedom, I am NOT making light of this mess as has been mentioned we have had bad cases of different viruses in the past that have not resulted in the country being locked down.  I am NOT making light of the deaths due to this particular virus but what of the deaths that are going to be happening in the near future when people who have lost everything commit suicide, the toll in broken families, divorce, that always follow such financial disasters, my point being will the cure be as bad as the disease?

All I want and we ALL have the right to expect is that we told the TRUTH about what is going on, one government official says to wear a mask, others say it's not nessisary, some doctors say that a long time medication for malaria is an effective treatment for this virus others say it isn't, so what do you believe, how are we to take seriously much of what we are told, read or hear?

I know Chad, I know he is on the front line, and I will take his advise and heed it.  Still wish I had stayed in Arizona,

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Thanks for the kind words and thoughts.  The officer who died was 44 years old.  I am not aware of any underlying health issues other than being over weight.  The remaining 7 officers suffered in varying degrees from minor flu like symptoms to hospitalization for major symptoms, but all seem to be doing fine and are on the road to recovery.  

We implemented an emergency schedule at work for 28 days starting last Sunday.  All officers have been assigned to patrol (with a handful of exceptions) working either day shift or graveyard for 12.5 hours a day.  We spread out 8 different patrol teams (four working days and four working nights) so that each team gets a 14 day self isolation period throughout the 28 day cycle to help prevent further spread.  I’m currently on my 14 day isolation.  

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

33 minutes ago, Chad Heiser said:

Thanks for the kind words and thoughts.  The officer who died was 44 years old.  I am not aware of any underlying health issues other than being over weight.  The remaining 7 officers suffered in varying degrees from minor flu like symptoms to hospitalization for major symptoms, but all seem to be doing fine and are on the road to recovery.  

We implemented an emergency schedule at work for 28 days starting last Sunday.  All officers have been assigned to patrol (with a handful of exceptions) working either day shift or graveyard for 12.5 hours a day.  We spread out 8 different patrol teams (four working days and four working nights) so that each team gets a 14 day self isolation period throughout the 28 day cycle to help prevent further spread.  I’m currently on my 14 day isolation.  

Thanks for all your group does. Dr's, Cops First transponder's, Nurses and fireman have it rough for the next month or more.

I fear that by the end of this ordeal. We will find out how many people had the wrong ideal about this. So many places have shut down and your only to get out if you have to. But we have whole family's going into a store to buy cloths. Or shopping for a car.

I can see getting out for Food or medical items. But come on clothes and the whole family. My Granddaughter works in Retail. She's a manager and has family's show up. To shop for toys, fishing supply's, and cd's.. They open the first 1.5 hrs for people 65 and older. She had a young lady cuss her out Wed am. She shows up with 5 kids from new born to 6 years old. Screaming because she can't get in the store. To buy what? You got it candy and bathing suits.

I have people everyday telling me how the normal flu is killing more then this will. I pray there right, but we have over 6000 dead now. And we have double the cases other country's have with less cases but more deaths.. Italy has less then half of the cases we have. But have over 14,500+ deaths. I can see us running out of beds before May 1st. Some states are making ICU's out of basketball gyms. And any of the Arenas around.

We al want this over and to be way less then what is expected. If it were not for people that know virus's. I would not put much faith in this. If it were our leaders telling us only how bad it was. I would go along with normal life. But have a lot of friends that are DR's and scared of what's coming.

Edited by Pete Kildow

event.png

Dave,

Yes this is real. Why would Trump who boasts about the economy close it all down? He resisted at first saying it was nothing and then changed his mind. He then acknowledged there was a problem, but really still was not that concerned and “we will have this country back up and running in Easter”. He then says that we are in for some dark times ahead. I can only think of a couple of factors that changed his tune. Most importantly all of the Deaths and the surge of people in the hospital. Second, he realized that the scientists we correct and are really started listening to what they have to say. 
It is people that have there head in the sand and stating this is a false is the bigger problem. As they are making this a much longer thing then it needs to be. As much as I love my rights, I think they need to lock it down more. I say that because there are people around me that are not practicing social distancing and living there life like nothing is happening. It is sad to say,  it I think they have to have a close friend die of this to smack them into reality. We need to pull together as citizens and keep our country safe. I pray for all of the doctors, nurses, health workers and first responders. As they are really putting themselves at risk. 
stay healthy and keep safe.

Edited by rynosback

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

36 minutes ago, mr. cob said:

Howdy All,

First off my post was NOT to spread disinformation, the politicians and the media are expert at that. Chad, I am truly sorry that one of your co-workers has died from this crude and I fear for your safety whilst doing your job.

Second I AM concerned that this could morph into another excuse for the government to curtail our freedom, I am NOT making light of this mess as has been mentioned we have had bad cases of different viruses in the past that have not resulted in the country being locked down.  I am NOT making light of the deaths due to this particular virus but what of the deaths that are going to be happening in the near future when people who have lost everything commit suicide, the toll in broken families, divorce, that always follow such financial disasters, my point being will the cure be as bad as the disease?

All I want and we ALL have the right to expect is that we told the TRUTH about what is going on, one government official says to wear a mask, others say it's not nessisary, some doctors say that a long time medication for malaria is an effective treatment for this virus others say it isn't, so what do you believe, how are we to take seriously much of what we are told, read or hear?

I know Chad, I know he is on the front line, and I will take his advise and heed it.  Still wish I had stayed in Arizona,

Dave

Dave, someday I hope to meet up with you and we can discuss off camera your views of 9-11 and the NSA etc. I think it's a good possibility that we may have similar viewpoints.

Until then, we can tell by the attitudes of some of the replies who watches, reads and listens to the MSM and thinks it real information. Some even think it is factual.

Stay safe. See ya on the road soon.

Don.

I'm a work'n on it.

I think the people that have it are higher then we are told. The main reason is there is not enough testing, not to mention the time that it takes to get results. Testing is a HUGE factor, as unless we know what the real numbers are and who has it to me is the best way of beating this.

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

A) I agree that the virus is a bad and real thing.

B) I agree that people are dying

Now, having said that I agree with Dave, the media and the politicains are lying to us AND the politicians ARE using this bad situation to panic the people and they are using the panic, as they did after 9-11 to erode more of our rights. Johns Hopkins (updated daily) shows the reported number of deaths. Covid isn't even close (worldwide or U.S.) to annual Flu deaths. 

Whether it is true or not, I can't say but read todays USA Today. They are reporting that the Governor of NY is signing an executive order to have the NY National Guard SEIZE unused medical supplies so he can redistribute them where HE thinks they need to be. Uh, isn't that un-Constitutional? The Constitution does not allow for that, even in a pandemic. 

What rights are we giving up (that we will never get back) in the name of a virus? Free travel has never been restricted in this country, but it is now. States, counties and cities are using the National Guard and their police to stop and order out of state travelers to submit to a quarantine agreement. Where is this legal? China, Russia, North Korea? Since when is having the states license plate on your car "probable cause" for a traffic stop? Since when are border checkpoints to see where you reside legal? This panic is crazy...This MUST stop before this country implodes, and our economy dies. 

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Well they gave us all ROFs. Those who don't know this term means no job. This was over 2k people. That just project I was on. But they increased our employment pay $600 on top of what it was before and increased the weeks. So we not hurting fininacially. I won't even have to touch savings. But I have never liked living off of taxes but what other choice is there. It is a bad sisuation and people are dying. Just pray it ends sooner and not later.

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

This is REAL folks. I am not on the front lines like Chad is, but we are doing the research and trials to find treatments/cure. This is what I've been working on: helpstopcovid19.com. Collecting data from folks who believe they have been exposed or have been tested and diagnosed. 

Stay safe and healthy. This too shall pass.

2003 International Eagle 9200i, Cummins ISX, Freedomline

2007 Teton Scottsdale XT4

It's worse that what we're being told is happening; MUCH WORSE. Within the last few weeks, THOUSANDS of people, across the country, completely disregarded the idea of "Social Distancing and Isolation". They have now returned home where they're spreading whatever it was that they picked up and, are now in a position to infect many others. I read an hour ago where the Governor of WV has ordered WV campgrounds to NOT ACCEPT out of state residents. ALL Full Time RVers should find an RV park they CAN get into and hunker down. It's going to be MONTHS before we get anything close to "normal" travel being possible or allowed. For part time RVers, GET BACK TO YOUR HOME BASE ASAP! Expect critical elements of infrastructure to start failing (as evidenced by Chad Heiser's post) and, what Chad is reporting is just the tip of the iceberg. Many First Responders are stretched to the breaking point. When they finally start failing, it could quickly turn into a free for all. So far, there has been no mass panic that I'm aware of BUT, that could change in an instant; especially in highly populated areas. Now is a good time to start (or increase) your yoga practice. Not only will yoga help you remain calm but, when the time comes, you'll be better able to get your head between your legs to kiss your ess goodbye....

We are in Tombstone. We have extended our stay through the end of May. Then hopefully on to the WCR. If need be we could stay longer. This park was also closed a couple of day’s ago to anyone new. We feel very blessed to be where we are. Pretty isolated here. We associate 6 feet apart with couples on each side of us. We are all in the same boat. I told them today that we have to agree to stop all conversation and stories if already told. Lol. Be safe everyone.

Chuck and Cheryl Beaty.

We're  down near the southern  epicenter just a causeway  away.  We did mingle with the crowds the Saturday before  Mardi  Gras in the French Markets  and had lunch at a restaurant on Jackson Square.  No health concerns  since then though many here had some crud back in mid January.  What it was, who knows.   Personally  not worried about  that whatever the outcome might be no reason to fear the end.  We'll be here at least till the end of the month and if everything goes well  we'll head out to Idaho for our summer gig. 

John

2017 F350 King Ranch DRW 6.7 4.10 B&W hitch

2017 DRV MS 36RSSB3