You've GOT to realize that there is NO easy answer to that question. Far too many variables that MUST be taken into consideration before an insurance agent / company will give a quote. Have yo checked the HDT Resource Guide? That's where I'd start. 

http://www.hhrvresource.com

That's a simple question with a, not so simple, answer. I'm new to this as well and what I found is (most) probable not all, companies want to insure both truck and trailer. At least the companies I checked with on the resource guide were telling me that.  It also depends on the state you are located in. I'm in Colorado and the locations plays a role in it as well. 

I ended up staying with State Farm but they put it on a commercial policy and it ended up costing the same as my 2016 F450 for the amount of coverage. I can drive when I want, where I want for as long as I want as well. Some companies were telling me I would only be covered while pulling the trailer and that didn't appeal to me at all. 

good luck with it     

We had a dirt cheap rate with Country Financial, but it came with dirt level coverage.

We have more expensive rates with State Farm, but we are much better protected.

10 hours ago, GlennWest said:

Orange300 mind sharing how much that is. I have no idea what insurance goes for on a F450.

we're right at $1500 a year. $250 deductible and our 1mil. umbrella policy covers us as well because we have everything with one company. NOT inexpensive at all, but for us, cheap peace of mind.  

If your in South Dakota try herrmann Ins in rapid city. New hdt about 1500 1000deductable 38 ft drv with full timer policy little over 700 and smart car 700. 1mil umbrella under 400. Hdt can be bobtailed too. It’s all through nationwide

57 minutes ago, Orange300 said:

we're right at $1500 a year. $250 deductible and our 1mil. umbrella policy covers us as well because we have everything with one company. NOT inexpensive at all, but for us, cheap peace of mind.  

That not bad. Your F450 likely higher value than my old truck also. Mine motor home insured and $980.

2 hours ago, GlennWest said:

That not bad. Your F450 likely higher value than my old truck also. Mine motor home insured and $980.

Yep, it's a nice truck and I hope I can sell it soon but the Volvo is so much more fun! 

stay safe out there