Chromebook let me down

GlennWest

Got insurance with Progressive yesterday. Logged on to their website to esign all documents. Non compatible operating system. Had to use wife's windows machine. Bummer. First time this has happened.

Edited by GlennWest
corrected error

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

I hate the long start ups and constant upgrades. Wife only gets on hers about 3 times a week. Seems most times have to wait for updates. My Chromebook is fast and rarely needs updates. This is first time I had ran into a problem. Been using my Chromebook for a few years now. 

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

I am surprised she has so many updates. MS generally sends one out a month, that's it. I don't update anything else unless it stops functioning.

Chromebook is fast because of the SSD, laptops are getting them to speed things up.

I like the Chromebook since it is lightweight and small. If I ever want a tablet I would get a Chromebook instead. I like having a keyboard.

Thanks for the info.

I considered a Chromebook to replace my 6 year old laptop, but after looking at them, I went with a HP with 8GB ram and 256GB SSD.  For my use, it is plenty of computer and I can used an external thumb drive or HDD for additional storage.

I like the added flexibility of the MS operating system, and I run Chrome for a browser.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

You could always upgrade the HDD to an SSD, which is what I did. I doubled capacity to a terabyte and I now have what feels like a new computer with startup times cut by about 90% and much faster page loading, etc. I'm MUCH happier with my computer and am no longer snooping around for new laptop deals. Jay