Ally Bank -- recent experience opening acct with Escapees TX address?

Has anyone opened a savings or checking account at Ally Bank recently, successfully using the Escapees-TX address?

I have used my Rainbow Drive address for everything  -- banks, investing, voting, taxes, DL and vehicle registration -- since 2006, but have not opened a bank/financial account anywhere in the past three years. 

The online application asks for "Home Address   (This address can't be a P.O. Box)".       I will of course use my  address at 2xx Rainbow Dr, #12345,  but am wondering if anyone here has real firsthand experience with Ally and the Escapees address.

Thanks

If they ask if that is an apartment, I just tell them ....yes.  No additional questions.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

Most addresses are in the USPS system and the bank will be alerted that it is considered a mail forwarding address. You may want to have a family members address as a backup. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

So, I am dishonest.  Many times ordering something online, the ordering system will not accept and address such as 123 Rainbow Dr., #12345.  You have to break it down to two lines and often the 2nd line says Apt.  So on those I put in 

123 Rainbow Dr.

Do what you have to do.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

"Dishonest" was harsh.  I apologize.  Kirk's gentler rebuff was more appropriate.

Nonetheless, it  is something I am not comfortable doing with banks, etc.

But I use Unit, No., Suite --  if their software requires it -- with AAA, AARP,  and so on. Those are fundamentally different .... or at least they are in my mind.  Your comment has been the cause for reflection on where I personally draw a line;  as nomads we live in a gray area.  Thank you.

Edited by GreyDawg

16 minutes ago, GreyDawg said:

as nomads we live in a gray area.  Thank you.

I think this is the key thing to remember.  We do have a non-conventional lifestyle, and our "residence" reflects this.  It is sometimes necessary to adapt our address to the specific forms required, not out of dishonesty, but out of need to accomplish the task. 

Mark & Teri

2021 Grand Designs Imagine 2500RL, 2019 Ford F-350

Mark & Teri's Travels

I use "unit" also, though I use a different mail forwarding company, as I am domiciled in Louisiana. It's how it reads on my driver's license, credit card statements, bank statements, vehicle registrations, insurance, etc. I haven't had a problem with anyone. If an astute official, say a national forest ranger (trying to prove I live in my RV full time so he can boot me out) were to ever google the address, it would come up as a strip mall (I have checked,  to get my story straight ahead of time.) If they say something like, "Hey, this is not a residence, but a shopping center." I would reply. "Yes, I live in the apartment complex right behind it, on Michael Ct., but our mailboxes are all at a mail center by the business office in the mall." 

That should satisfy any overly curious ranger. I don't have any FMCA, Escapee, US maps with the states visited colored in, or any other stickers on my RV indicating I might be a full-timer. I just don't want to be a target.

I've had a conversation with them a few times. NP rangers are always super friendly, super polite and usually too busy to care. NF rangers are typically friendly, but more direct and business like. We'll wave and smile and 9 times out of 10 they will wave back and just drive on. If they stop and engage in chit chat, they are fishing. That is if you didn't give them a reason to stop, such as boondocking in a place you aren't supposed to be. We never have a campfire when boondocking, even if it's allowed. It's too dangerous in a NF, IMHO. YMMV 

When they stop, the conversation usually starts with. "So, where are you from?"  I reply, "I'm from Louisiana and am having the time of my life vacationing in your beautiful state." (Trying to sound super excited.) Sometimes they will ask, "How long have you been away from home?" I will reply with,  "Time flys, it's been over a month now, we've seen a lot."  (Actually it's been over a year, but "over a month" is also true.) If they ask, "How long have you been here?" I'll tell the truth, as I never overstay the limit. He'll then say something like, "You know we have a 14 day camping limit here." I'll smile and say not a problem, I'll be gone before that. It's not that this isn't a beautiful here, (compliments don't hurt) but I've got lots to see and a little left time to see it." (Which is true and implies urgency to move on. Who knows when their RVing days are over, right?) I never had a problem after this (as I always keep a clean camp, so it looks like I might have just pulled up.) They generally end with something like "Have a great day; enjoy your stay." I've never had my home address questioned, or even been asked to show my DL, but I know what to say if I ever do.

If I were ever asked directly, "Do you live in this motorhome full-time?" I might reply with, "You mean there are people who actually live in these things full time? Boy I wish. You don't know my wife." (Chuckle, chuckle.) I never lied. In fact I never answered their question, just misdirected it elsewhere.  But so far, it's never come to that.  

Chip