Escapees Livingston TX

Twotoes

Just saw on the news that New Orleans and the State of Louisiana may be the next hot spot for CV-19. The report implied that Houston will be affected as well since there is a strong connection between both cities.  I hope that Escapees HQ in Livingston and the camp ground there will not be affected. Stay strong. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

AP had a detailed county by county map of the country. The NO area was indeed the big hot spot in the south. But the rest of the state north of I-10 has few infections. Miami-Ft Launderdale moderately warm, lots of New Yorkers there. And the NYC area was the hottest of all. The other spots were just where you would expect, Detroit, Seattle, Boston, SF etc. Indeed what struck me was that if you put the 2016 Red-Blue county voting map next to this map you'd get just about a 1:1 correlation.

Urban areas hit the worst, rural areas mostly untouched. So why did the New Mexico governor, who's state is just about untouched, jump to close the state parks? Along with several other states. There are still lots of places to camp. BLM land is open and so far as I know NF land is too.

Edited by agesilaus

I would guess that New Orleans is experiencing this increase as a result of Mardi Gras, which recently ended the last week of February.  People go there from all over the country.  Mardi Gras is the antithesis of social distancing.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

5 hours ago, agesilaus said:

AP had a detailed county by county map of the country. The NO area was indeed the big hot spot in the south. But the rest of the state north of I-10 has few infections. Miami-Ft Launderdale moderately warm, lots of New Yorkers there. And the NYC area was the hottest of all. The other spots were just where you would expect, Detroit, Seattle, Boston, SF etc. Indeed what struck me was that if you put the 2016 Red-Blue county voting map next to this map you'd get just about a 1:1 correlation.

Urban areas hit the worst, rural areas mostly untouched. So why did the New Mexico governor, who's state is just about untouched, jump to close the state parks? Along with several other states. There are still lots of places to camp. BLM land is open and so far as I know NF land is too.

I am in Albuquerque area now.  I would say that the main reason is the health care system could be overwhelmed quickly if the "curve" doesn't stay low.  There are areas that won't be easily accessable and staffing to maintain facilities will be very limited and worse if they start getting sick. Fire season is about to start up and that could make it a nightmare.

19 minutes ago, Kirk W said:

The TX governor has ordered that anyone traveling from NY or NJ must be in quarantine for 14 days.  

The Gov of FL also made the same for anyone traveling from NY. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

I wish the news reports would use the more accurate term "greater New York City area" when referring to the major outbreak there. There's a huge amount of NY State that's nowhere near as drastically affected by the virus. We always use the term "Upstate NY" when referring to our Adirondack family cottage, and often add that it's closer to Canada than it is to NYC. The county our cottage is in has just one confirmed COVID-19 case so far...

https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/county-county-breakdown-positive-cases

Edited by Dutch_12078

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

Here is the county by county map I referred to: apnews 

It's two days old and I didn't see a current version. But you can see there are vast areas of the country mostly unaffected.

Actually that map is being updated, the county I live in has current numbers. Manhattan has 24000 cases and if you add in the surrounding counties and Long Island the number is probably over 40,000. So close La Guardia and Kennedy air ports I say...heh block the bridges too.

The link program here stinks. Once it starts you have a hard time stopping it.

But that is the most useful map I've seen, the ones with the stupid circle/bubble indicators are worthless. All the circles merge together and you can not see any detail. NYC has such a large circle it blots out the NE states

Edited by agesilaus

32 minutes ago, Dutch_12078 said:

I wish the news reports would use the more accurate term "greater New York City area" when referring to the major outbreak there.

Actually, the executive order includes all persons traveling from the tristate area of NY, NJ, and Connecticut. NO has also been put on the quarantine list. While it is self quarantine, the TX HP will be verifying it. 

Edited by Kirk W

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

This from Rhode Island:

[Rhode Island] – Governor Gina Raimondo announced. Starting immediately, anyone coming into the state from New York state will be mandated to self-quarantine for 14 days, the governor said.

“No matter how you come to Rhode Island – bus, car, train, plane – you are ordered to quarantine for 14 days,” Raimondo said. “In my judgement this is the most prudent form of action in light of the crisis.”

I agree with requiring self-quarantine for those flying out of the greater NYC area hotspot, just not for everyone traveling out of the greater NY State areas such as western or northern NY. Including the entire state would be like including all of Texas because DFW and Houston are growing hotspots. Why is NO singled out but not the entire state? I haven't seen the exact wording of the orders, so maybe they aren't entire state inclusive, but it sure seems it from what's being reported.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

Actually, the Texas travel restrictions address only those flying in from NY or NO. When I had to go to NO for business I would always drive, it was easier and quicker than flying. I imagine that all of the Katrina residents Houston picked up flew in....yah on I10 airline !

Dave W. KE5GOH

Stuck in the 70's ---

In E. Texas

Bunkum! Yes avoid unnecessary contact when traveling. But people coming from low infection rate areas don't need to self isolate. MT for example has less than 50 cases. Right now almost all the cases in this country are from the NYC, Northern NJ, Boston axis. Eastern WA state, New Orleans area and some spots in Cali. The are some hot spots like Miami, Ft Launderdale, Palm Beach (all which have large numbers of people from the NYC zone) but the rest of the country, more than 90% have minor problems. And most of those problems are from over reacting politicians.

Look at this map: ap news

The article is a couple days old but the map is actively updated with current numbers.

7 minutes ago, agesilaus said:

Bunkum! Yes avoid unnecessary contact when traveling. But people coming from low infection rate areas don't need to self isolate. MT for example has less than 50 cases. Right now almost all the cases in this country are from the NYC, Northern NJ, Boston axis. Eastern WA state, New Orleans area and some spots in Cali. The are some hot spots like Miami, Ft Launderdale, Palm Beach (all which have large numbers of people from the NYC zone) but the rest of the country, more than 90% have minor problems. And most of those problems are from over reacting politicians.

Look at this map: ap news

The article is a couple days old but the map is actively updated with current numbers.

Because you can be a carrier and not be sick the data will not show those people.   Many people have not be included in the statistics and there is a lag from the time you are contagious to when you show symptoms if any.  

There really is no such thing as a place where you should not self isolate when traveling.   There are some places worse than others.

23 minutes ago, trostberg said:

Because you can be a carrier and not be sick the data will not show those people.   Many people have not be included in the statistics and there is a lag from the time you are contagious to when you show symptoms if any.  

There really is no such thing as a place where you should not self isolate when traveling.   There are some places worse than others.

This can apply to anyone.  Traveling has nothing to do with it.  So, you are advocating that everyone, everywhere should self isolate?

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

It can apply to anyone.   Some states have put in stay in place orders and some have not at various times.   The traveling group is more at risk or anyone that is out being exposed to more people and crowded places.  You  don't know where the travelers have traveled from.  Some people are more responsible in their behavior than others.

29 minutes ago, agesilaus said:

If you are an asymptomatic carrier, something so far as I know has not been seen, then why would waiting 14 days fix that. You'd still be a asymptomatic carrier.

I thought the thing was that you could be a carrier a few days before you start showing symptoms. That's how my friend got exposed. She has now safely passed the 14 day self-isolating period without developing symptoms. But, her town is now on lock-down so she's stuck at home anyway.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van