Open RV Parks

Hi,

With all the closing parks I just saw that Tyson Wells in Quartzsite AZ will be open this summer for displaced RV'ers. FRom their FB page:

"Tyson Wells R.V. Park in Quartzsite, AZ will welcome campers for the month of April. We normally close for the summer, but for campers needing a place to stay you are welcome to stay with us. Our monthly rent is $175 + metered electric"

You know as much as I now so give them a call for more info.

Thanks for the information.  Their rent is certainly reasonable, but I would expect to pay around the same amount for electric once the heat really gets started.

I keep hoping things will improve before it gets too hot to boondock in Quartzsite, maybe something like this would be a stop-gap measure.

We're going to be staying at Tier Drop RV Park in Wellton, AZ (20 mins east of Yuma) for $295 per month.  Advantage vs Quartzite is far better shopping for supplies/food.

Edited by Ro and Joe
added a number of words to better explain

2020 Dutch Star 4328, 2018 Grand Cherokee, Ready Brute Elite Towbar 

I believe it was stated that Quartzsite would be open for the month of April.... just getting hot.  Hopefully, by May folks can start heading north.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

16 minutes ago, 2gypsies said:

I believe it was stated that Quartzsite would be open for the month of April.... just getting hot.  Hopefully, by May folks can start heading north.

According to what I've been reading, currently, the BLM check-in stations at Q are not being staffed but the entrance barricades are not up and the dump appears to not yet be locked.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

La Posa West kiosk has a sign saying closed for the season.  I didn’t see anyone at Tyson Wash yesterday but I could have just missed them.  If there’s a sign up, I didn’t notice it when I drove in and out.

Yesterday the dump in La Posa South was open (I dumped and refilled).  I didn’t see anyone at the entry kiosk, but did two days before when I went down there.

I thought the BLM’s comment about the LTVA areas at maximum capacity reflects their limited ability to support campers and that they are trying very hard to not have a new wave of people coming in, looking for a place to stay, some of which will be ill-equipped to camp in hot weather.  Except for perhaps La Posa South and maybe La Posa West, the other BLM camping areas looked like there was a lot of empty desert around widely spaced rigs.

Quartzsite and Yuma are almost at the bottom on my list of summer spots, but it’s looking more and more like I’ll be in Yuma once Quartzsite gets too hot for me.  It’s the easiest solution for me, I’d have full hookups and I would also be helping out a friend who would otherwise go stir-crazy.

Minnesota State Parks Update.                                    What is closed?

The following DNR-managed facilities:

• Campgrounds, group camps, and remote campsites at all state parks, state forests, and state recreation areas.
  • Camper cabins
  • Yurts
  • Overnight lodging facilities
  • Group centers, trail centers and other ancillary buildings
  • Visitor centers
  • State park contact stations

Facilities and lands not administered by the DNR may have restrictions. Please check with local authorities.

1 hour ago, dogyard said:

Minnesota State Parks Update.                                    What is closed?

More proof that things change faster than we can keep up with them. We can all post what we last read but, if you need to know for sure, you should go directly to the source since no one can keep lists like this one up to date in these odd times.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

A summer in AZ is not my idea of fun! I sure hope that I can get to the UP of MI by mid May. I just got an email from the President of our Board at our RV park and he said that he was waiting on the state to test our water and we should be go to go. Problem, the water testers and other employees are down for a few weeks.

We are in a private campground in Alamogordo, and we noticed on our daily walk around the park yesterday that all of the empty spaces had been blocked off.  Occupancy is way above 25%.  Hopefully, they wont kick us out to get to the 25% limit as we are paid up through the end of the month.

2005 Winnebago Voyage 38J

I am near Albq. and am concerned about the 25% rule.  I should be good where I am but not guaranted and if I have to vacate I don't know where I will go. Deming SKP was my back-up plan but seems that might not work.  I really applaud this state for trying to flatten the curve but this part I am not so sure about.  I don't know whether to check with Deming or just stick my head in the sand and hope for the best.

Since this is on line the last statement was a joke to be clear.