Quarantine Projects.

Av8r3400

Since we are laying low for the Wuhan Flu hysteria, I decided to start some of the projects I wanted to do this spring.

Today's project was to install my new chrome shore power plugs.  One for the block heater the other for the cab 110v.

My originals were a mess.  Very rusty and ugly.

e3C1hbAl.jpg

First one for the engine block heater.

Tnqs7l5l.jpg

While I had the battery box out and everything open, I took the time to remove the master cutoff switch and clean the terminals and wire ends.  They weren't real dirty, but a little corroded on the wine ends.  If you look closely in this photo just to the left of the master switch is a ground lug attached to the frame.  The wires and the lug itself was very corroded and nasty looking.  I took this all apart and cleaned and greased this entire assembly too.

qSl4G7ql.jpg

Both installed and looking good.

ctUWoOfl.jpg

After all of this, the lights inside the cab of the truck seem to be twice as bright and the starter spins the motor over much, much better.  I hope this has killed a couple of the little nagging electrical gremlins we have had with this truck.

Av8r3400
2012 Volvo VNL 730 D13 iShift & 2021 Grand Design Momentum 397TH

TEq81qV.jpg

I'd rather die trying to live - Than live trying not to die.   -Leonard Perry

Nicely done.  We've no shortage of projects, but I'm saving some on the truck/camper for the non-rally.  Assuming we're still able to go by then.

Meanwhile, we spent the past two days in the shop, revealing flat surfaces that haven't seen daylight in years.  I have four major flat spots in my shop, welding table, regular work bench, portable work bench/tool cabinet, and an old round, rotating table.  All were piled with broken bits or pieces left over from previous tasks.  We're slowing fixing the broken items, re-purposing or recycling other things, and just finding homes for odds and ends. I had several un-used drawers  in my "hardware store" area, now most have fresh labels and new contents.

Today's "main event" will be to fill some of the vehicles with fuel.  The Volvo is below 1/2, the gas tanks in the toy hauler (about 25 gal. each) are nearly empty, my pickup is low, the mower gas cans need filling, etc.  It'll take a few hours to drag everything around and fill.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

It's with a heavy heart that I tell you we cancelled our reservation at Deer Run.  We were able to put our deposit to next year's rally (2021).  Right now we are toying with the idea of saving our vacation time and go to the national rally in Hutchinson in October.

Av8r3400
2012 Volvo VNL 730 D13 iShift & 2021 Grand Design Momentum 397TH

TEq81qV.jpg

I'd rather die trying to live - Than live trying not to die.   -Leonard Perry

Lubed all zircs, checked all fluids, vacuumed the interior and reprogrammed the TPMS for the new trailer.  

Power washed the stucco off the back patio.

Trimmed all hedges way back.

DW cleaned out the fridge and freezer for the renters who move in Sunday.

Starting to stage clothes and other items for final loadout on Saturday & Sunday.

2094790416_NewHorizonsmall.jpg.b597b886c0fa2457938fb2cfe3e6cd0b.jpg

2010 Freightliner, DD15 Eaton Ultrashift, 2015 New Horizons 5th Wheel.

Occupants - Dena/Brad/Hershey    BLOG LINK

500964784_statemapDec2020.jpg.66ea16945a2c1c745783b95e33e702c9.jpg