Sign in to follow this  
trimster

IH 4700 headlight replacement options

To put it mildly the 4700 has awful headlights. Has anyone had success with the following:

Replace with total LED headlight replacement? Which unit?

Replace sealed beam housing so you put in HID/Xenon bulbs?

Replace sealed beam housing so you put in LED bulbs?

Thanks

I bought a pair of LED replacements for my IH4700LP.  I havent installed them yet but its on the list of opportunities during the "Stay At Home" order here in Cali.  

Seems that those are pretty common headlight sizes.

I don't know what size your IH 4700 takes, but if they are a 4 x 6 headlight, like most trucks use, I bought a set of 60w LED headlights similar to these last year for my MH and love them. https://www.amazon.com/COWONE-Rectangular-Headlights-Replacement-FREIGHTLINER/dp/B074TCM8LZ/ref=sr_1_10?keywords=4x6+60w+led+headlights&qid=1584981323&sr=8-10 They easily produce 3-4 times the light of sealed beams, and it's a bright white light, not yellowish like sealed beams. Low beam is 3,000 lm and high beam is 6,000lm - even brighter than HIDs.

I haven't used these, but they make even more light: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VSNCZHT/ref=sspa_dk_detail_4?pd_rd_i=B07VSP8HLS&pd_rd_w=ZVkeu&pf_rd_p=48d372c1-f7e1-4b8b-9d02-4bd86f5158c5&pd_rd_wg=Fs1XU&pf_rd_r=XFVMVM19GANJMYCJR15V&pd_rd_r=9b1d02b7-b454-4d6d-8eeb-12317d6d6674&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExUlNFU0dQWlJSWUdSJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMDMwNTU5MVRYRTNZQjNDSjhDUyZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMjk4MzA3M1MwSFA3S0FJWEJFUiZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2RldGFpbCZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU&th=1

Chip

Edited by sushidog