10 hours ago, pinger said:

Thanks its open..

Are you near there and going over? It would be interesting to hear a general report if you go.

I have seen on the news, which may or may not be true, that Mexico is requiring all US citizens to be tested before entry into Mexico. But I have also heard that it takes 2 to 4 days for test results. pinger, please report back if you do cross. Thanks. 

Los Algodones is a special case.  The walk-in tourists are a huge cash cow for everyone involved and Mexico has an actual checkpoint south of town to screen people going further south, so I doubt Mexico will do anything to discourage the Algodones cross-border traffic.

Edited by Lou Schneider

Lou, you hit the nail on the head. Commerce will drive this. Just a reminder to folks thinking about crossing the hours are 6 AM to 10 PM.

I was questioning for some people that were to go there next month for dental work..I will pass this info on to them.

pinger, have your friends check with the dentists in Algodnes before going. A friend was called by their dentist in Algodones canceling their appointment. Next month, who knows? If I hear anymore I'll post the info. Have a great day!

2 hours ago, bobsallyh said:

pinger, have your friends check with the dentists in Algodnes before going. A friend was called by their dentist in Algodones canceling their appointment. Next month, who knows? If I hear anymore I'll post the info. Have a great day!

Thanks

26 minutes ago, bobsallyh said:

Pinger it was open today, Wed. There were folks going back and forth. But I think most dentists have shut down.

Many (if not all) dentists in So. CA have shut down - except for "emergency" dental work.  Many of the Algodones dentists are USA trained - and stay on top of what's going on with their counterparts (and dental schools) North of the border - and following their lead and/or advice.

Obviously - dental work requires patient and provider/s being in close proximity to each other.  (IMO) - No bueno.