vidu

BOGUS SUPPORT

How is Escapees "supportive" to RV full timers when they are turning guests away just like state parks?

23 minutes ago, vidu said:

How is Escapees "supportive" to RV full timers when they are turning guests away just like state parks?

Which parks is that? The co-op parks are managed by the participating members, not by the club management.

Edited by Dutch_12078

Original Ranch in New Mexico. Lone Star in Hondo, so far.

All are either escapee or escapee affiliate.

Original Ranch in New Mexico, Lone Star park in Hondo, so far.

Either escapee or escapee affiliate. If the escapee name is attached, they are part of the problem. 

Only 39.95 to discover the escapee rv community support network only if you don't need it!

Both of those are Escapees co-op parks that are managed by their own boards of directors elected by the park residents. The Escapees club management has no legal authority to manage those parks.

Escapees also offers discounts to lots of commercial parks; do you expect Escapees to mandate them to stay open, as well? The Rainbow parks, the ones actually owned and managed by the Escapees organization, are open to all members and will continue to be so unless government shuts them down.

Linda Sand

Benson AZ, Yuma AZ, and Temecula CA, all Co-Ops are also closed to non leaseholders. Leaseholders May still use the park but all facilities are closed and activities are suspended. 

This virus has never happened before. I can't recall the parks not accepting visitors at any time previously... unless they were full.  This thing is all new to all of us.  Don't give up on Escapees!  

3 hours ago, 2gypsies said:

This virus has never happened before. I can't recall the parks not accepting visitors at any time previously... unless they were full.  This thing is all new to all of us.  Don't give up on Escapees!  

This is a trying time, not time to throw stones, but rather pull together. Yesterday we drove 60 miles to a Navy commisary, where I had pre-ordered 20# of frozen hamburger for the the next quarter, which we have been doing for several years. Upon arrival the manager informed us our order had been cancelled by the Chief of commissary operations. If they had any hamburger each purchase was limited to 3#. I thanked her for telling us, smiled and continued shopping for other groceries. She has a difficult enough job without customers getting upset at her. She was splitting her day between work and going home to care for her children because schools are closed.

21 hours ago, vidu said:

Either escapee or escapee affiliate. If the escapee name is attached, they are part of the problem. 

There are many parts to the problem and Escapees management is doing all that they are able to help. If you stay with us for a while you will see that as an organization, there is none more supportive of the RV lifestyle than this one. They have already announced through Escapee News that they are keeping all of the owned parks open to you and that they are also pressing the co-op parks to do the same. The complete lack of ability to have any control and limited influence in the management is one of the major reasons that they discontinued the creation of those new co-op parks and shifted to club owned parks. 

I understand your concerns at this time and even some of the anger, but stay around and you will find that it is the very best that exists for RVing folks, both full and part time travelers. 

If you presently have a problem which some of us might be able to help with, share the information with us here and someone quite possibly may be able to help.

Edited by Kirk W

How can our Escapees RV Parks take more guests then they have room for? There are waiting lists for RV lots.

Most of the SKP co-ops are first come first serve in my experience. I would have hoped that he called ahead to ask how the park is looking. Nothing worse then driving somewhere just to find out that they are closed. And I’m sure that is the root of his mis understanding.  I never used to call ahead, but I will be doing that for the next 3 months or more. 

Vidu just wanted to vent.  These are very trying times for all.  We cannot control things that  we could control in the past,  We need to just try to help each other out and do our best.

Ken

Edited by TXiceman

2 minutes ago, TXiceman said:

Vidu just wanted to vent.  These are very trying times for all.  We cannot control things that  we could control in the past,  We need to just try to help each other out and d our best.

Ken

Well said.