Becoming Hermits

Dollytrolley

8 hours ago, sandsys said:

Really? There is enough space on a sub to isolate?

Linda

Perhaps it was "group isolation".

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

On 3/21/2020 at 9:46 AM, Kirk W said:

How old? I had an experience in those days which should have prepared me for this. In 1964 the SSBN 600 (blue) had a new supply officer who chose to make his mark on his commanding officer by showing how much money he could save by not buying excessive amounts of expendable supplies for our next patrol. The result was that 6 weeks into a 9 week missile patrol we ran out of toilet paper. Even 56 years ago, submarines didn't have a single copy of the Sears & Roebuck catalog!

Hmm, this post reminded me of this "cultural" travel video which has "relevance" to the submarine story as well as the current toilet paper shortage, enjoy.

3 hours ago, rickeieio said:

Perhaps it was "group isolation".

We didn't get many visitors coming aboard once at see so everyone was in quarantine. If you heard a knock on any outside door, it wasn't a good idea to open the door and let them come in. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

2 hours ago, phoenix2013 said:

Hmm, this post reminded me of this "cultural" travel video which has "relevance" to the submarine story as well as the current toilet paper shortage, enjoy.

Video does not work?

2001 Freightliner FL70, Cat 3126b 300hp, 860 lb/ft, 6 speed manual Eaton/Fuller

Motorhome body by Transport Designs (37 ft overall)

Motorhome Specs and Pictures

Our Music Ministry

Seems Henry got this thread into the ......out house....   

Drive on...... maybe not put left hand on steering wheel......

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

1 hour ago, rickeieio said:

I think I talked to that guy when I called about a problem I had with my printer.😮

Probably in that office space also Rick.lol.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

3 hours ago, Dollytrolley said:

Seems Henry got this thread into the ......out house....   

Drive on...... maybe not put left hand on steering wheel......

Kathy Griffin mentioned during one of her routines when she was working on an oversees tour that all the natives wanted to shake her hand with their left hands, she ascribed it to the the local custom of appreciation for a liberated and hard working woman. 

Hello HERMITS. LOLOLOL, well for a while.

We are not full timers, long timers.

With the CDC advise NO UNNECESSARY TRAVEL, and Florida State officials Don't know who they are,THAT CAMPERS SHOULD STAY PUT. we are staying put.

We are in Bushnell, Fl, Red Oaks Rv Resort. Not to far from Sumter Oaks a Escapee park. But no visiting.

We are comfortable, Living in a 40' LandMark Mesa 5th wheel, all the stuff we need to stay put.

Washer/dryer, 4 door fridge. 2 good a/c's and all the other goodies.

This is a large park, over 1300 sites, of course its never full, but gets real busy in the snowbird season.  Al lot of folks have left already, its getting to be a ghost town around here. 

All the parks clubhouses pools etc have closed, but we still have a great time. 

For being  HERMITS, we have a good life.

Say safe out there.

Have a pleasant day

Bill

Howdy!

We are at our homebase located near the Escapees in Livingston. We been here since Late October and had plans to leave in May. I had eye surgery scheduled for this week at he Houston VA hospital but they have canceled all surgery’s. As for now we are staying put until this is over. I know of no cases of the virus in Polk County. We are well stocked for now but are seeing short supplies in the area. 

“Happy Trails”

Chiefneon

"Class of 2007 Fulltimer's"

Gary & karen

Smoochie & Michaela (fur babies)

2018 Chevorlet 3500 HD/LTZ 2L Custom Hauler

2014 Heartland Cyclone 4000

2016 Smart Car Prime

Dolly, the "gentleman" I featured above has a series of intercultural videos dealing with sensitive "differences" between cultures. First times I viewed it it was an amusing curiosity. This time I post it as a PSA for those who have failed in their toilet paper hoarding quest, or those who have hoarded enough, but whose family is bad at math, counting the number of squares sufficient for the task.

The thread is becoming en-lightning. Couple of folks have been "quarantined" (stranded) in Florida "forced" to extend their stay. They don't seem none the worse for wear. I can appreciate the dichotomy of their feelings, the feelings being here vs. there (there being where they came from or are supposed to head to). I lived with that dichotomy for many, many years. Let me demonstrate.

Here mDBiNLxl.jpg

vs. there 475Fy5cl.jpg

yvW2GSvl.jpg

There was another post relating to savings in commuting time an expenses. For close to 40 years I commuted, the shortest being 20 miles (each way) the longest 82 miles (EACH WAY), LUCKILY THAT CONTRACT ONLY LASTED 6 MONTHS. In my 50's I finally finished that building at the end of the driveway in the picture above. 800 sq. ft. garage/shop below and 800 sq. ft second floor for office, engineering lab and electronic manufacturing. The daily commute went down to 20 feet, house to shop.

Seven years ago I decided to resolve the here vs. there dichotomy before it became a full blown schizophrenia, I'm cured, no drugs.

Howdy All,

We left from Quartzsite around 11:AM, now going to spend the night at a rest stop at mile marker 44 off of I-15 north in southwestern Utah.  It’s 39 degrees and getting COLDER you can see SNOW in the mountains about 500-700 feet above the rest stop.  It’s going to get worse the closer we get to home.  I am NOT a happy camper.

Dave, Donna, Newt and Willy 

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Shirley and I are at home in Chesapeake va. I have been busy in the shop doing a helm chair project for a boat Finished it Fridsy. Finished a rocket Launcher project for a boat today. Working on a Tackle cabinet for a 54" Sport fisherman. Told him I'm retired so the end date is not known but by the end of May. A welding project building a steel fence to keep a dog in a room. End date not given. Same reason as above. The last project is a Family Bible Table being built and almost done. Promised it By Mothers Day. Only need a couple of hours to finish it. Did a couple of truck preps for the ECR but we aren't going to make it. Hope by the time I'm done we can go somewhere. I'm past ready. I was in Lowes yesterday and I was the only one wearing a mask and gloves. I think I was the only person I met over 70. Could that be the reason? Anyway let use all stay safe.   Pat

The Old Sailor