hitch

dosbeagles

I’ve seen both, and both have their advocates.  They both have advantages and disadvantages.  

There’s also the Propride hitch - I’m told it works the same or similar to the Hensley, may be a spin-off but I have no real knowledge of that.  

When I looked at them, I liked the way the Blue Ox uses leverage to get the bars in place, I thought it might be something I (a small solo female) could manage.  The Hensley has most of the weight and hitch on the trailer, not the TV and operates on different principles, which I don’t understand particularly.  It’s heavy if you are concerned about tongue and hitch weight (always a big concern with my rig).

My personal experience has only been with the Anderson and while it works great for me, I’m not entirely sure how well it would work with a big, heavy trailer.  I think the most important thing when using a hitch is to get it properly adjusted.  It seems that most WDHs - when properly set up - will get the job done.  If the hitch isn’t set up right then even the best hitch will not do it’s job.

"It seems that most WDHs - when properly set up - will get the job done.  If the hitch isn’t set up right then even the best hitch will not do it’s job."

Amen!

David Lininger, kb0zke
1993 Foretravel U300 40' (sold)
2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS