East Coast Rally is Cancelled

SuiteSuccess

LD. The 20% was just on the deposit only. We had a $100 deposit so it cost us $20 to cancel. Didn't even think twice as we has an entire month reserved there.

The campground owners are brand new at Deer Run and got blindsided by this Chinese virus crap. I just hope they can survive and prosper after it dies down.

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trying to get a feel for who is still coming. I see a lot have canceled, but who IS still planning on being there? Rick & Susan? Anyone else?

Steve & Gail

2000 Volvo VNL660 Autoshift Detroit 60 12.7 "Semi Crazy"

2016 smart "Lil Crazy"

2018 Space Craft 48' TT "The Nut House"

KJ4YGY & KK4CTE

Volvo w SpaceCraft 1024.jpg

We are still on the fence about it.  It is a day's drive so not that far.  The plus side is we all will be at our separate campsites.  I doubt we would stay for the whole week.  We will need things like fuel and food occasionally.  Are any travellers having trouble finding either one?

Kevin and June

2013 Volvo VNL 730    D13 Eco-Torque @ 425  Ratio 2.47 

2014 DRV 36TKSB3 

Signature.jpegmKgUJbbl.jpg

We're still planning to be there.  We're booked in for 4/15 - 4/28.    Not saying things won't change,,,,,,

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

10 hours ago, Sculptor said:

We are still on the fence about it.  It is a day's drive so not that far.  The plus side is we all will be at our separate campsites.  I doubt we would stay for the whole week.  We will need things like fuel and food occasionally.  Are any travellers having trouble finding either one?

Sculptor,

There isn't any problems with getting gas or diesel here in crossville the food thing is ok most the the food places are doing carry out or drive thru the food shopping is ok a lot of items have a limit of 2 but most stuff is available except for paper products which are less available and hand santizier isn't available that I can find..

Hope this helps,

Ken....

IMG_856.png.ae22d1dc2b12f9fb806b4e17121ee0b0.png

2017 DRV Fullhouse JX450

2020 Volvo VNR 42-640, D13, 455hp, Ishift, 189"wb, factory single, ET Junior Hitch @ 195", Jacklopee, Directlink

2016 GMC 3500 Denali DRW, CC, LB, Curt 25k, Sold

46 minutes ago, hatrack said:

Sculptor,

There isn't any problems with getting gas or diesel here in crossville the food thing is ok most the the food places are doing carry out or drive thru the food shopping is ok a lot of items have a limit of 2 but most stuff is available except for paper products which are less available and hand santizier isn't available that I can find..

Hope this helps,

Ken....

Thanks Ken, as quickly as the flu situation took shape, I am hoping for the end of the “flu season” or some other kind of good news by the time the 18th rolls around. Even if that does not happen,  the risk in outdoor camping right now seems small.

Kevin and June

2014 DRV 36TKSB3 

On 3/27/2020 at 8:44 AM, sdixon747 said:

Trying to get a feel for who is still coming. I see a lot have canceled, but who IS still planning on being there? Rick & Susan? Anyone else?

We are still planning to be but may have to break away for a few days to help our son move.

Dave

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

I do love a good thunderstorm.  Thunder and lightning at the same time, sounding like it was right on top of us. 

But it didn't last long and there really wasn't much damage here other than a couple trees down and loss of power. So far 12 hrs without power. 

There was a tree that fell on a camper in the annual section and one occupant was fine and the other was treated and released...so that is good.

Ed & Teresa Haagsma

2016 New Horizons 45' custom. New Horizons ambassador

2009 Volvo 780 "Remington". Converted by RVHaulers

2015 Smart "Remora"

14 hours ago, rickeieio said:

peanuts1.jpg

Thanks Rick. I think we all needed to hear that from what is going on in the world. 😎

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

Thank you Alan.  The funny part is.....  If I just wrote those words, someone would jump on me for not taking this seriously, but let a cartoon character say it, and it takes on a different tone.

This is serious, but it's not the end of the world.  Some folks won't make it, but most will.  That's the cycle of life.  It could be a whole lot worse.  A meteor could slam into our little rock and we'd be like the dinosaurs.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row

20 hours ago, treeed said:

I do love a good thunderstorm.  Thunder and lightning at the same time, sounding like it was right on top of us. 

But it didn't last long and there really wasn't much damage here other than a couple trees down and loss of power. So far 12 hrs without power. 

There was a tree that fell on a camper in the annual section and one occupant was fine and the other was treated and released...so that is good.

Sounds like it was close enough . 

We had a storm like that a couple years ago when we were in Paragould , Arkansas . 

Lightening hit a big tree about 50 or so feet behind our rig . About half that tree came down . 

Goes around , comes around .

Hi everyone who is following this thread.  
I was reading an article this morning and The thought occurred to me that this might be a way for the group to have a gathering and do it remotely. I do not propose that it could be organized in such a short time.  And I don’t think that those who are responsible for some of the various seminars are prepared for this.  But I am throwing out the suggestion as a solution and since most of us are stuck in place anyway it might be kind of fun to get together and hear from everyone.

here is the article on using ZOOM.  Zoom or some other remote video tool.

Kevin and June

2014 DRV 36TKSB3 

Well dang.  It looks like we're bailing out too.  We were really ng much be stuck at the campgraere, we'd prettyforward to going, but once there, we'd pretty much be stuck with nothing off site to do.  No going out for supper, no parks, no winery tours......  Not that we don't relish quality time around the camp fire, but the reward/risk ratio is too high.

Edit:  I don't know what's up with this keyboard, but sometimes the words get jumbled.  I think I must be touching a key with my pinky or something.....

Edited by rickeieio

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN

12 hours ago, rickeieio said:

Well dang.  It looks like we're bailing out too.  We were really loki much be stuck at the campgraere, we'd prettyng forward to going, but once there, we'd pretty much be stuck with nothing off site to do.  No going out for supper, no parks, no winery tours......  Not that we don't relish quality time around the camp fire, but the reward/risk ratio is too high.

Sux.

I did manage to get most of the Cab-Cam system installed in my truck.  Now all I need to do is make a mount for the camera on the hitch.

Edited by Av8r3400

Av8r3400
2012 Volvo VNL 730 D13 iShift & 2021 Grand Design Momentum 397TH

TEq81qV.jpg

I'd rather die trying to live - Than live trying not to die.   -Leonard Perry

On 4/3/2020 at 3:37 AM, Sculptor said:

Hi everyone who is following this thread.  
I was reading an article this morning and The thought occurred to me that this might be a way for the group to have a gathering and do it remotely. I do not propose that it could be organized in such a short time.  And I don’t think that those who are responsible for some of the various seminars are prepared for this.  But I am throwing out the suggestion as a solution and since most of us are stuck in place anyway it might be kind of fun to get together and hear from everyone.

here is the article on using ZOOM.  Zoom or some other remote video tool.

I was hesitant to try ZOOM, but the gym in our park is closed so they are doing real time classes free to residents via ZOOM and I started them last week.  I hope they keep them going afterwards as I would pay for the classes while I am on the road as they are that good.

While walking my dog the other day a friend rode her bike by and we chatted, at the appropriate social distance, and she said her wine club has been having "virtual" wine tastings on ZOOM.  They have a free version which closes after 40 minutes and they just rejoined two more times.

A friend visiting Juniper Ridge RV Park in Show Low AZ  said they have  Monday coffee and news every week but with the stay at home orders they were canceled and

they are talking about holding them via ZOOM when the high season starts.

My DR started using video conferencing so healthy people (their choice) don't have to go to the Dr's office full of sick people for wellness checks and refills. 

Here are 32 other ways to us ZOOM besides work:
https://www.morningbrew.com/daily/stories/2020/04/02/32-ways-people-using-zoom-besides-work?utm_source=morning_brew

My parents used to warn me not to talk to strangers. Now they download every app that hits the market, including ones that track and trade WAY too many points of interest on her phone. I won't be installing Zoom until they clean up their act. C-Net on Zoom

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

Interesting article, cyberspace is way bigger than us.  Facebook and Google come to mind in their competition for market share.  They will all hack and or disparage each other and with computer and technology traveling at the speed of light it is challenging for humans to keep up.  We have to be selective as it can be time consuming to stay safe on the Internet but the alternative is to be "left behind".

As with anything on the internet you have to be responsible to confirm your settings for your computer and each program you use as well as performing routine maintenance.  Just like your car if you don't perform routine maintenance it won't take care of you.  The internet is not free everything is sold.  Even this forum is searched and data gathered.  When you "Google" topics the escapee forum posts come up.  Nothing new, just the longer they are up the more places they show up. Once on the internet ALWAYS on the internet.

"The bottom line
The reality is you can’t see your friends, your classmates and maybe your co-workers right now. You can’t eat at restaurants and you definitely can’t go to bars. Zoom is one of the platforms people have ubiquitously adopted to replace these in-person interactions amid the coronavirus outbreak. And it works relatively well.  It’s OK to use Zoom, experts say. Just be thoughtful about what you’re using it for and observe a few precautions."
SOURCE: https://www.latimes.com/business/technology/story/2020-04-13/is-zoom-safe-to-use-heres-what-you-need-to-know

How to prevent Zoom bombing: 5 simple tips
SOURCE:  https://www.techrepublic.com/article/how-to-prevent-zoom-bombing-5-simple-tips/?fbclid=IwAR2gxjOnhGd5Dveafnu04eXGwogr8-W9_Ao2qQgx0FEVgRgAv-rIIK4LbCw

"Zoom Security: Here’s What Zoom Is Doing To Make Its Service Safer
It is no surprise that people are worried about Zoom’s security, but I have to say the company’s response has so far been impressive. It’s not trying to hide security issues–fixing problems for Mac and Windows users very quickly. Zoom founder and CEO Eric Yuan has apologized to users, and the firm is now aiming to make the service more secure by default. In other words, users don’t have to try as hard because the security and privacy are built in from the start. "
SOURCE:  https://www.forbes.com/sites/kateoflahertyuk/2020/04/10/zoom-security-heres-what-zoom-is-doing-to-make-its-service-safer/#711570e030fc