East Coast Rally is Cancelled

SuiteSuccess

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Mark&Bonnie said:

Not sure at this time what we are going to do. Not looking like too many places to stop and overnight on the way there. Kinda just waiting it out and see what happen in the next couple weeks.

First case just reported in our county in East Tennessee.   Has been cases in Knoxville, Sevierville (near Pigeon Forge).  Being pragmatic it’s coming here as predicted.  Yes, you can shelter in your camper and quarantine yourself but gonna be hard to keep your significant other from significant exposure.  If you have a sticks and bricks, may not be fun but you could quarantine in another bedroom and decrease others exposure.  Everyone needs to make their own decision based on their risk tolerance.  We’ve had some things that have come up that are affecting our decision also.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Vicki and I were waiting to see how things developed before making a final decision on going to Deer Run. After listening to our kids complain about us going and the advice of some very good friends that I trust, we have decided to stay home this year. I hope that this virus winds down soon so life can get back to normal but I am beginning to wonder if that is going to happen.

David

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

40 minutes ago, GeorgiaHybrid said:

Vicki and I were waiting to see how things developed before making a final decision on going to Deer Run. After listening to our kids complain about us going and the advice of some very good friends that I trust, we have decided to stay home this year. I hope that this virus winds down soon so life can get back to normal but I am beginning to wonder if that is going to happen.

David

David,

We are making the same decision.  My daughters and grandkids have been asking us not to go also.  I would love to meet with old and new friends but my family’s piece of mind is paramount.
One silver lining, I think we will see the fast track development of some new and effective antivirals which has been a long time coming.   

Edited by SuiteSuccess

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

18 minutes ago, NTPA Announcer said:

Us too..... We are on the fence right now depending on my announcing events that may or may not happen. Does anyone know what the cutoff date for Deer Run is to cancel? 

Thanks ,,

Denver,
I called and canceled my cabin two weeks ago and was charged a 20% canceling fee.

Roger

GCTaaehl.jpg

We really want to go.  We're on the fence whether we will be ABLE to go, not if we want to.

With all the draconian lock downs of our rights we don't know if we will have the proper "PAPERS" to travel any more...

papers-please.png

Av8r3400
2012 Volvo VNL 730 D13 iShift & 2021 Grand Design Momentum 397TH

TEq81qV.jpg

I'd rather die trying to live - Than live trying not to die.   -Leonard Perry

Gail and I are still going. The risk in Crossville is no different than in Baileyton. We will be getting to Deer Run March 29th and will be there until the end of April. 

Steve & Gail

2000 Volvo VNL660 Autoshift Detroit 60 12.7 "Semi Crazy"

2016 smart "Lil Crazy"

2018 Space Craft 48' TT "The Nut House"

KJ4YGY & KK4CTE

Volvo w SpaceCraft 1024.jpg

It's with a heavy heart that I tell you we cancelled our reservation at Deer Run.  We were able to put our deposit to next year's rally (2021).  Right now we are toying with the idea of saving our vacation time and go to the national rally in Hutchinson in October.

Av8r3400
2012 Volvo VNL 730 D13 iShift & 2021 Grand Design Momentum 397TH

TEq81qV.jpg

I'd rather die trying to live - Than live trying not to die.   -Leonard Perry

We also will reluctantly cancel. It's too long a trip for one of us to get sick & make it back home. The rumor is that Tennessee is still evolving from local witch doctor health care...................

You'd have to see the movie to understand..........

For now, we're still planning to attend.  Looking at the time line of other countries, there's a chance this thing will be winding down by then.  I know, it's a slim chance, but I'm leaving my options open as long as I can.

Even if there's only a handful of attendees, we can still sit around the campfire and talk about how we've solved issues with our rigs.  We can even roast hotdogs and marshmallows,  we'll just use longer sticks.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

14 hours ago, Danandfreda said:

As much as we hated to do it we cancelled our reservation at deer run. We’re going to stay in Illinois until we hear when the truck will be done.  Kenworth is on a shut down too, hopefully it will be done in may. Hope to see everybody in October. 

Let us know when it gets here, eould like to see both of you and the new truck! From a disrance of course 😁😁😁😎😎😎

2017 Kenworth T680
2016 Smart Prime

2 hours ago, ARGO said:

We also will reluctantly cancel. It's too long a trip for one of us to get sick & make it back home. The rumor is that Tennessee is still evolving from local witch doctor health care...................

Our local witch doctor retired. He's running the rally now....

2017 Kenworth T680
2016 Smart Prime

1 hour ago, geodog said:

One must remember that the Doctor is a Texas Aggie.

ShortyuO

That explains a lot.😂

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row

On 3/21/2020 at 10:25 AM, Hewhoknowslittle said:

Denver,
I called and canceled my cabin two weeks ago and was charged a 20% canceling fee.

Roger

That seems rude to impose the cancelling fee.  Realizing that the policy might be such but these are not typical times.  

Marcel

33 minutes ago, rpsinc said:

That seems rude to impose the cancelling fee.  Realizing that the policy might be such but these are not typical times.  

I'm not of the opinion that the campground owner should absorb all the losses associated with this crisis. I imagine many of them are dealing with wholesale cancellations and struggling just to survive. After all, they're people too. I was happy to pay a fee to cancel a campground in all this and pleased to not owe the entire amount, which is actually their policy normally. Jay

We’re hoping the worst is over by then too rick,we’ve been in This campground for almost 2 weeks mostly rainy and only 2 days warm enough to be outside for any length of time. We’ve only talked to a few people here and from a distance. We went for a drive twice but never got out of the car or truck. We have a 8x80 section of grass next to our long gravel sight. Yesterday we sat outside sipping on a drink and looked at the grass and said “we went from 40acres to this strip of grass” but it’s a lot less work, went back to sipping our drink. We’ll give you a call David when we know more on the truck. Take care everyone 

17 minutes ago, Danandfreda said:

“we went from 40acres to this strip of grass”

I bet your property taxes went down a bit.....  We live in a typical subdivision 1/4 acre lots.  Some of our neighbors think we're rich because we own farm land.  They don't have to write the tax checks......

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN

4 hours ago, geodog said:

One must remember that the Doctor is a Texas Aggie.

ShortyuO

I resemble that remark and proud of it.  Gig ‘em.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2 hours ago, Jaydrvr said:

I'm not of the opinion that the campground owner should absorb all the losses associated with this crisis. I imagine many of them are dealing with wholesale cancellations and struggling just to survive. After all, they're people too. I was happy to pay a fee to cancel a campground in all this and pleased to not owe the entire amount, which is actually their policy normally. Jay

Very good outlook Jay. 

Everyone wants these folks and place to be there next time when they want to return. 

Bill and Joan and 3 Collie pups

2001 Volvo VNL 770 "The Doghouse" Singled short, "ET" hItch VED12 465HP Gen 1 Autoshift 3.58 ratio  2005 Mobile Suite 38RL3  2011 Smart Passion loaded piggybacK

Weigh-It Portable RV Scales http://www.weighitrv.com/