Corps of Engineers and Senior Pass

bja1234

7 minutes ago, Kirk W said:

That isn't exactly true. AK, like several other states does give a discount to all US citizens who are 62 or older and the America the Beautiful, senior pass is one of the forms of ID which they accept. 

And I thought AK stood for Alaska.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

14 hours ago, Poohbear said:

Well excuse me for being so dumb. I'll go away now

Sorry that you feel that way. No criticism was intended, only a correction of information. The information that AK will give any senior a discount is quite valid as most of the states that I'm aware of only give senior discounts to residents of their state. Thank you for pointing that out. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Here is a link that gives information specific to state park camping passes. I know that there are other states that give a senior discount but do not have a specific senior pass. I believe Delaware is one of them. They do accept the America the Beautiful pass as proof of age.

Edited by trailertraveler

2 hours ago, trailertraveler said:

Here is a link that gives information specific to state park camping passes. I know that there are other states that give a senior discount but do not have a specific senior pass. I believe Delaware is one of them. They do accept the America the Beautiful pass as proof of age.

That's a good link but be careful if it doesn't state 'Resident' or 'Non-Resident'.  Most states give residents perks.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

3 hours ago, vermilye said:

I'm currently in a Louisiana State Park (Sam Houston Jones) and was given an over 62 1/2 off rate even though I'm from NY.

They have to feed the gators somehow.  Why not entice tender old meat into the park.  Just kidding.  I really like that park, used to stay there in a 21' Bigfoot.  Enjoy.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

At Georgia State Parks, I get both a "geezer" discount and a veterans discount. It's a bit odd that we pay full price at online reservation time, but then at check in they credit the discounts back to our credit card.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system