Why a lgt is better than a hdt

Exile

Or at least when it is better . . .

when it is parked right inside my shop.

pickup with box bed never gets stuff stacked on it.  Well, sometimes in the cab, but not in the bed.

pete with flatbed has truck crane, impact, kitchen drawers, rachet straps, welding shield, muffs, two tubes of lexal, bolts, nuts, and all kinds of other junk on it.

damned thing is just the right height for stacking stuff on.  I guess it means I just haven’t run it enough.

98 379 with 12.7 DD

LG Dodge w/5.9 CTD

Chrome habit I’m trying to kick.

Yea I would say if its getting used as a work bench its not on the road enough.  Same thing happens here.

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

LGT fits in the garage at the house, rides better when empty, gets better fuel economy when empty, has 4 doors.

HDT has to sit outside most of the time (which keeps me from using as a work bench), gets neglected for long stints, but does everything I ask of it.

I'm glad I have both.  And about the same total investment as a dually.  $25k in the HDT including bed and hitch, and $42k in the F-150, bought new.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

My LGT is an F-150, and is near GVWR with me and one passenger.  Crew cab and a cross box full of tools all add up.  So, I guess it's never really "empty".  It rides a lot better than the three F-350s I had.

BTW, on my King Ranch, it came with 20" wheels.  Less sidewall = harsher ride.  Son-in-law found that out when he traded his Platinum for a Tremor.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

My Fthree fitty camper truck rides ok with 2672lbs camper loaded, if you don’t count the squawking door latches (motorcycle chain lube spray shuts them up), and interior door panels flapping in and out rattling the can of chain lube and the pliers and all 16th’s wrench,

but empty she is a lumber wagon

compared to my KW dually...

which doesn’t rattle

but it does the job for a camper truck...

Edited by noteven

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

My current company supplied work truck is a 2013 F150 with 199xxx miles on it.  It gets 12 mpg, rides ok on its worn out bouncy shocks.  But I can't see over traffic, the V6 turbo barely gets out of its own way doesn't, and I don't have a fridge next to me... 

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins