Inside dully valve stem

Twotoes

I have a hard time airing up my inside dullys. I have a Class A on a Freightliner chassis with 22.5 tires. Was considering putting extenders on but don’t really want to add a place where they can leak air. Looking into longer valve stems. Loves tire shop said they can add longer valve stems for $40 each side but I have to provide the stems. Anyone have any recommendations for purchasing long valve stems for an inside dully tire, online or store front? Thanks in advance. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

The 2" straight extensions on the page TexasPSDX linked to look like they have a center pin that opens the valve on the stock valve stem when you press on the end of the extension.  This eliminates any chance of a leak as the extension is only pressurized when you're actually using it.

I couldn't tell from the pictures if the 6" extension works the same way.

Edited by Lou Schneider

WHY are the valve stems pointed in on the outside tire and out on the inside one? Why not have both point out? I ask myself that question every time I check the tire pressures.

David Lininger, kb0zke
1993 Foretravel U300 40' (sold)
2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS

4 hours ago, kb0zke said:

WHY are the valve stems pointed in on the outside tire and out on the inside one? Why not have both point out? I ask myself that question every time I check the tire pressures.

So the wheels will be position independent. Using an appropriate truck tire gauge makes reading the pressures reasonably easy.

kqFmILRl.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CONUJM

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

13 hours ago, Twotoes said:

Thanks, but as I said in my post, I don’t want to use extenders. I want to use a longer valve stem. 

I bought a 6" metal extension at a local auto  supply store. It's only used when adding air is necessary; otherwise it is in my toolbox for the air compressor in the MH.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

That is a pretty common problem with inside duals. On our class A's I did use extenders as I believed that tire pressures were something that should be checked every day of travel.  When I replaced the tires I had the new ones mounted in a truck shop that put custom shaped valve stems on both inside duals so that I didn't need the extenders any longer. If you have a tire pressure monitor system, that will keep you aware of any loss of tire pressure. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Thanks Dutch. I do have a truck tire pressure gage. The problem is that when I need to check or add add air I have to remove the TST monitor and it is difficult for me to do on the two inside dullys. And yes Kirk, when I hade new tires put on, at a semi truck tire shop, I asked them to put longer stems on but they were out of stock, so I am trying to do it now. Loves said they would do the labor but they need me to bring them the stems. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

Fulltimer

Thanks Joe. I did check with another Loves location and was told the same thing. They will do the labor but don’t stock the park. You would think that a semi truck place would have the part!

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

Fulltimer

6 hours ago, Twotoes said:

Thanks Joe. I did check with another Loves location and was told the same thing. They will do the labor but don’t stock the park. You would think that a semi truck place would have the part!

I agree, especially when they sell new tires and repair tires.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961