Domicile Florida

Raven64

I will be retiring in a few months and we plan to travel to Sumter Oaks in January to establish our Florida Domicile. For those of you who have already done this can you tell me two things? First how long in advance should I book Sumter Oaks. Second, How long will it take me to establish domicile?   Thanks

I haven't done it since I live here in Florida, but I've seen reports of people completing the process, in selected counties, in less than a day. That's with the guidance of the Brendan Isle mail forwarding company in Green Cove Springs and doing it in their county. Other counties can be less accommodating.

I don't know is Escapees forwarding can help you as much.

As for Sumpter Oaks, never heard of it. Why not call them for info.

If you also plan to setup relationships with local professionals make reservations in advance with people like lawyers.  I'd also suggest setting up mail service in advance so that you have bank, cell, insurance documents with that mailing address.

2020 Platinum F350 6.7L CC DRW, 2021 Riverstone Legacy 37mre 5th wheel

I'm here in Sumter Oaks now.  And you may already be too late to book next January if you are staying for more than a few days.  Best to give them a call now, as the winter months fill up quickly.

Mike and Retha Hopkins

2014 Fleetwood Discovery 40G