Changing domicile to Texas questions

jcooper

My husband and I are in the process of selling our house and rving full time. We are going to change our domicile to Texas and use escapees in Livingston since he works mostly in Texas anyway. He travels for work and his work requires a utility bill that matches his drivers license address which has to be a water bill or electric bill to qualify for his per diem pay. A phone bill doesn’t count   Has anyone came across this and what is a solution? 

I would suggest that he talk with the HR people at work first. There are many people who rent places that include utilities and so have no such bills. It might be that he could use a receipt from the RV park.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Also talk to staff at Rainbow's End. I'm under the impression that they now meter electricity at each site and charge for it so staying there at the beginning of fulltiming might get you what you need.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van