Trav'ler interface box can't communicate with dish

I'm getting a message "no antenna communication."

We raised the dish last night, watched programs, then stowed it again.  Now, at our new location, I went to raise the antenna and got the above message.

I checked all the connections inside the cabinet where the receiver and interface box reside and didn't see any problems.  I pulled the fuse from the back of the box and it "appears" to be OK.

We have no way to get up on the roof at the present time, so can't check for connections up there.

Any ideas as to what might be wrong?  We'll probably have to make an appointment at Satellite Advantage in Quartzsite if we can get in.  If we can't get in, any one know of some place in the Henderson/Las Vegas area to have the system checked out?

ON EDIT:  We have an appointment with Satellite Advantage on Tuesday.

Edited by LindaH

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

Find a way to get on the roof and swap the connections on the turret marked A with the one marked B. If that doesn't work, swap the original A with C. And then call winegard and order a replacement turret cable.
https://winegard.com/products/satellite-tv/roof-mounted-antennas/travler/dish-bell-hd-travler-replacement-lnb-to-turret-cable

Thats a lot cheaper than paying someone else to do it.

Edited by Big5er

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Agree with Big5er. 

We had an open circuit on one of he cables.  We isolated it with an ohm meter but Phil’s instruction to swap cables is even easier to identify whether the cable assembly is at fault. We ran ours for quite a while with two of the three cables before we got around to replacing it. 

IMG_3217a.jpg.c718bc170600aa5ce52e515511d83cb7.jpg

Jim & Wilma

2006 Travel Supreme 36RLQSO

2009 Volvo VNL730, D13, I-shift, ET, Herrin Hauler bed, "Ruby"

2017 Smart

Class of 2017

Message no antenna connection. That means the controller is not connected to antenna. You can check the voltage  and continuity on the antenna controller. PITA but a doable job. I would suspect that you will find a faulted controller cable or bad connection at the antenna. 

When the cable from  from the LNB's is faulted then you won't receive some satellites. However the dish will align on the satellite arc.  If aligned on the arc  then on the turret you can check the voltage either ,13V or 18VDC.  If good, then check continuity from turret to LNB.  Or just  call Winegard and order the 4 coax cable bundle. 

Bill

Bill & Lynn Baxter

MCI102A3 Conversion, Detroit Diesel S50  

dolphins.jpgVisitedStatesMap.jpgVisitedProvincesMap.jpg

On 2/21/2020 at 10:20 PM, Bill w/bus said:

When the cable from  from the LNB's is faulted then you won't receive some satellites. However the dish will align on the satellite arc.  

When my cable went out I received the exact message Linda is geting and my dish would not lock onto any of the satelites. The instructiosn I gave Linda are the specific instructions given to me by Winegard. 

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

The solution was stupid simple -- one of the cables had come undone on the back of the control box.  Not knowing that there were two cables in the back, when I looked at it, I didn't know that there was one missing.  It took the tech about 5 seconds to find the problem and it didn't cost us a cent. 

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul